don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaviourDCX

SaviourDCX

Oldbie
    Just finished the demo, it doesn't have modern Sonic only has classic Sonic D:

2. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Have you played Unleashed?

If so: Congratulations, there's the other half of Generations.

I expect a demo with Modern to be released near launch, but that's not something they need large-scale focus testing of like the Classic gameplay. And that's what this is- a really huge focus group.

3. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    MY BROTHER KILLED MY XBOX. GAAAAAAH.

Now I definitely have to wait for the PS3 version. -.- I don't know exactly what happened, but my 360 came back from my brother's trip to his friend's house completely incapable of even turning on. The only thing he can think of is that he left it in a car for the duration of work... and that it was a very hot day. Can that kill a console? >_>

4. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    I enjoyed it very much but yes, the rolling needs to be fixed a bit. otherwise it played very well.

5. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Downloading now, ETA 1 Hour.

6. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    Its beautiful :D

the only issue I've had is the slight input lag when doing anything

7. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

I noticed that too lol. Also 10 min has passed and he has not jumped off nor died. I thought he dies when 10 min is full.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    That stopped once Sonic Adventure came out.

9. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

I also noticed Sonic doesn't do any edge poses, when standing near the edges. Must be some early version as in the E3, he did. Gonna test the fuck out of it to see do any glitches happen or some unusual things. I remember how much I messed around in Sonic 3 to see how much I can glitch it xD.

Edit: Sorry my mistake, it does do the edge poses, but you have to be on a very very edge place it to happen. It only occurs when your "about to fall off" edge and then it does these. I thought it happens way earlier. When I stand/standed? on a edge and kept moving more and more, Sonic started to go sliiiightly down way but still being on the edge and then it did the move. Sorry, hard to explain. Like you didn't fall off but being still on the edge but moved a bit down on it but did not fall off.

10. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    It's not on XBLA for me o_O

11. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
  12. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

O-KAY!

I'm back from glitching the hell out of this demo.

I can say now that my Demo . HAS . Expired!

[​IMG]

P.s. Sega is LOLZ. It turns out, after your demo expires, you can just set your date back to play it again. ROFL. Who at SEGA thought it would be a good idea to timelock a demo but not require you to sign into Xbox Live?

VIDEO of what happens when demo expires: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEbNtPTx8xY

I'm going to experiment a bit more and be logged into the game the very second it expires...there has to be a second level unlockable somewhere in the demo, and I'm gonna find it. 600MB is just way too fishy for me.

13. Ink

Ink

Homicidal Echidna Oldbie
    Nabbed, thanks Chimpo! Gotta love Green Hill Zone. <3

14. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    All right, so, basically:

-the Generations demo expires after 20 days
    -kinda sorta
    -not really

Hoping we get some info as to later levels when this thing starts getting dissected...

EDIT: Also, you can spindash into the screen and it'll try to push Sonic in that direction. Presumably just leftover from being built on Modern's gameplay, but that would suggest that Classic might work in a 3D stage. Don't expect to see classic 3D stages ingame when it launches, but we'll probably see at least one as DLC.

15. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    No wonder I can't download it >_>;

16. SaviourDCX

SaviourDCX

Oldbie
    Look in the demos section. Yeah tried it on VGA (don't have HDMI) looks awesome.

17. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

------- Route Magician ------- Sonic CD Technician Member
    I'm kinda disappointed...you need Xbox Live Gold? WTF
    So I can't play the demo yet...unless someone has a one month free trial code or something. I lost whatever happened to mine, though I had never used it.

Guess I'll have to wait for the PS3 one as well : (

18. SaviourDCX

SaviourDCX

Oldbie
    Not sure if your bank has overdraw fees, but some bank accounts let visa/mastercard debt card payments go straight through up to a certain limit. So you could try that.

19. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Wait... so if you don't need to be signed in to Xbox Live to play, does that mean someone without Gold could theoretically download it from some other place, put it on an USB drive and run it from there?

20. SaviourDCX

SaviourDCX

Oldbie

I got a non gold account to test it with, I'll delete it off my Xbox. Transferring to USB now. Will edit this post after. I reckon it'll probably work since it's still classified as a trail game

Update: Yep worked perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.