don't click here

Sonic Adventure OST (20th Anniversary Edition) is out

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, May 19, 2011.

1. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Out Today: Sonic Adventure 20th Anniversary Soundtrack

Source: we're not allowed to post it; but you know the one.

You can get ahold of a copy of the soundtrack over at CDJapan which also has the full and final tracklist. To be honest I am kind of disappointed by this. We heard that they were doing re-recordings and updated versions of some of the tracks on the (yet to be released) Sonic Adventure 2 OST like Escape from the City and possibly more so I was hoping there would be something awesome and new on this one.

If I am correct from scanning the tracklist over on CDJapan this release looks like a standard "best of" compilation of tracks that is essentially a shorter version of the original Sonic Adventure OST. If so then I am not hyped and will probably just wait for the Adventure 2 OST though if you happen to be a collector or want to celebrate the anniversary with all that they releasing then this OST release could be for you.

360 out.

PS. It might be a good idea for someone who is more familiar with the last OST release to analyse the tracklist to see if there is anything new such as previously unreleased tracks on there that might justify the purchase. Roll on the Sonic Adventure 2 OST.

2. serpx

serpx

I'm just asking this out of curiosity for those who are excited about this release, are you excited mainly because it's a special edition? I ask this because we already have all the songs, so I don't exactly understand why the release of this is 1) necessary, 2) a big deal, if it is.

I'm not trying to hit on it, I'd buy it for collectors sake if I had the extra money to throw away.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I'll wait for Ashram. Guys awesome at OST ripping and allways provides full booklet rips.

EDIT: Wonder if this soundtrack will get released on Itunes like colors OST?

4. Well, remember; the rerecordings of SA2 songs are probably for Generations. If so, then when Generations gets a soundtrack, the remixed tracks will be on there. These seem like simple re-released "Best ofs", like you said.

Also, looked through the tracklist; no new tracks.

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Whoever wants to throw that track listing up on the wiki, go right on ahead. Definitely nothing to see here, otherwise.

6. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

If your source is what I think it is, I hate that source.

But uh, are these songs just remastered versions of the original ones, or were the songs actually re-recorded?

7. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    I would be excited for this if it had more good tracks (like At Dawn) and less boring cover art. I've never actually gotten an OST before, but it could be worth it for one of the better albums. Hopefully the SA2 soundtrack will at least have all the main level themes unlike the crappy one that was released in the US.

It may not be the most exciting news for some, but still worth discussing. I'm still kind of glad they're doing this, considering it's pretty much impossible to get the original OST's for SA1 and SA2 at a reasonable price.

8. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    I wouldn't buy this if I were you guys. It seems that it's nothing more than a direct copy of the tracks from the original Digi-Log soundtrack. Here's a quote from SoA that was said at Jun's forum:

Question:
    Response:
    So they aren't even remastered in anyway, so it's best just to find the DigiLog soundtrack. Of course, they're probably rare by now, but honestly....

9. That's the gist of it. These soundtracks are more for the people who don't have $200+ to throw away on a copy of the SA1 or SA2 soundtrack that may or may not be a bootleg.

I'm fortunate enough to have a legit copy of the SA1 soundtrack, but the last guy I talked to wanted over $400 for a new, sealed copy of Multi-dimensional.

10. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    I refuse to believe those songs are supposed to be more worthy of remastering than the entirety of the Sonic Adventure soundtrack. They're good songs (at least the first two), but the vocals are honestly kinda lame and cheesy in the latter.

I'll hang onto my cash.

11. At Dawn isn't even included? Weak. That's my favorite song in Sonic Adventure.

12. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    Album art, release date, and track list has been released for the SA2 soundtrack: http://scene.sonicth.ru/?p=1529

The album art looks better even if it is just the SA2 boxart. No On the Edge bothers me, though. I prefer the way the tracks were organized on the original soundtrack, too. Oh well.

13. I might do these sometime between now and Generations coming out; it's not high on my priority list considering the tracks are nothing special.

14. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    ...I don't understand the point of these releases. Here we are in the 20th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog, and we get...single disc releases of the two Adventure games. Actually making it a single disc takes effort. They could have easily taken the original releases and just...rereleased them. Heck, for the first Adventure game, how hard would it have been to take the original track listing, the vocal mini-album, the less-than-inspired remix disc and packaged them all together? Include the track "After the Adventure" that's only on Jun Senoue's album, a couple remixes (even if they're been released before) and...there you go. That doesn't even require a lot of effort! NiGHTS Into Dreams got a fantastic re-release soundtrack, so why can't these games?

Or better yet, why not finally release the Genesis soundtracks properly? The only one they ever released was the single disc Sonic & Knuckles soundtrack, and that wasn't...well, all that good. If Sega has gone through the effort of relicensing the tracks from Dreams Come True, why can't they also make a deal for a full soundtrack release of the early games? I know Generations will have a soundtrack, but it still won't be every Sonic song ever.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah I agree. Hell I just completed my SA1 OST yesterday with tracks that were excluded from the first release soundtrack, 118 tracks (minus a few being the dreamcast, gamecube, and sonic team logos soundbytes) isn't that hard to do SEGA.

What do you mean by a Jun Senoue album? I never have heard of it.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Perhaps going through Sonic 1-3K, both CDs (more so a proper Japanese one... and this is coming from the guy who made a full soundtrack out of it!), 3D Blast, Spinball, and Chaotix may seem a bit taunting, especially if you're looking for the music to come straight from the original hardware rather than emulated means.

Sure, a few of us did it (AND included the Game Gear games to boot) for the OSV project, but most of the songs used really inferior emulators. Remember, this was back in 2004-2005. Since then, several people have mentioned wanting to redo all of them with off-hardware recordings, but no one's ever stepped up to bat.

I got some tracks recorded right from my Genesis, but there's this odd feedback in them I can't seem to get rid of.

Yet it doesn't show up on others.

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Planning on some OSV projects geneHF? just when I'm looking for unreleased soundtracks of sonic games too. :v:

I can see what you mean MGZ sounds like its coming through TV speakers while the mid-boss sounds clear. how odd...

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Well, it's something I've been planning on doing, but it's not my top priority at the moment, so I keep putting it off.

That, and my patch cable's taking a crap on me, so I need to get another one. On top of that, I'd like to get a composite cable for my Genesis since the RF Cable on it is beginning to fail. On top of that, if any techie will clear this up for me, I hear playing a Genesis game in a 32X changes the way it sounds and how colorful it is? I wouldn't think the 32X would have any sort of control over that.

Because if so, then I'll need to remove my 32X.

19. Lawl, because of what Gene said, I had to go check out Jun Senoue's "The Works" album, since I had originally written it off because I didn't think it had any new stuff. I'd never heard of the "After the Adventure" song before, cool mix of Station Square and It Doesn't Matter.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Do you have a good rip of this ashram? I would love to hear this.

Where was I when this album was being discussed the first time?