don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic Release thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
  2. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Well, after some finally getting off my ass and doing something...
    Sonic Classic Full REV01
    Sonic Classic NO MUSIC REV01

This is the first revision. Minor changes include some layout fixes, and of course, the save game glitch. There is no longer any encryption. The other big fix is that there is now no lag when collecting rings. I rewrote the way it handles it. So thats the minor things. REV02 will come out eventually as well so keep y'er bitchin up and I'll fix away.

Moving on...

Sonic Classic Sonic 1 edition is STILL going to be released sometime this summer. I have not forgotten about it. It will simply lock on to the game you have downloaded now. So that's neat huh?

Now for the third thing to address.

[​IMG]

Sonic Classic 2 is being worked on. This is probably the only two screenshots I will release for a few months. I will leave you with this information only for the time being.
    -It is Sonic Only, but Knuckles and Tails abilities will be present in some form.
    -Completely original music has been completed and almost finished for the project
    -Mode 7 special stages
    -Possible lock on to SC1

This is the ONLY information I will be releasing at this time. I'm fully loaded now with three projects to keep me busy for the summer.

aaand I leave you with this. Enjoy =D

3. Um...Where's the end of Act post? D:

4. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    I think the download has a partially finished save file in it, defaulting to a larger window and with some Challenges done, might want to fix that so people start off right.

Also, a few of the disclaimer symbols lack shadows. =P

Planning on playing through this properly tomorrow(hopefully the missing goalpost thing will be fixed by then), as I've held off playing and spoiling till the revision was done so I could enjoy it properly.

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Yeah I think it put that in there for some reason. I'll fix that in a bit. Stupid WINRAR...but at any rate, besides the partial saves. It should be fixed

EDIT: Yeah, give me like 5 minutes to fix dat shit

EDIT2: Yeah, shit should be fixed now. Download again niggers.

6. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Hi Hez,

Been playing through Classic, have beaten the game many times, but can't quite get the first save file to save on The Death Egg. When I beat the game, it just launches me back to my previous save file. This doesn't seem to happen on save file 3 where I've beaten it with Knuckles, is this a known glitch and how can I fix this?

edit; nevermind, looks like it's been addressed.

7. Felik

Felik

Someone mirror this please. It's downloading at speed of 10 kb/s

8. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    The saving issue should be fixed now. If it doesn't save at all for you, then you need to place it in a folder where windows will allow the program to write and read from your hard drive.

9. That's awesome. I think it's time to play Sonic Classic one more time

10. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I am glad you tried to make it so you can't get stuck in this room in Aqua Arena anymore but

[​IMG]

I think you forgot which layer to put the spring on :v:

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Oh great the save feature has been fixed. Now I can play all the way through! thanks hez.

12. Felik

Felik

You don't get it. It was made intentionally to piss people off more :specialed:

13. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    For some reason, music is not working here. Not sure why, it worked in the first version.

14. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    Sweet, downloading now!

15. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Have you thrown your controller across the room yet? >=D

I really shouldn't hurry these things, but yeah, I'll fix that here after I get off work. My main goal was working on fixing the ring slowdown and the save issue.

16. Felik

Felik

Don't get me wrong. I was just kidding :) Really hope you'll get rid of all the glitches to make this game perfect.
    Also someone mirror it already DAMMIT!

17. [​IMG]

Hit the Lamppost seen here, and the game crashed.

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I have no idea why, but I find that error message funny.

Anyways I got a bug in the music to report. everytime I'm in that special stage that you fall down and hit springs to get item bubbles and rings before falling out of the special stage the music starts up ok but when I get a life the music just stops but the sfx are still going.

19. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Hez you should program in a fake Illegal Instruction error screen for when the game detects a glitch or something.