don't click here

Sonic Generations - we still haven't played it

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bolt7

bolt7

Oh, that could be interesting. modern Eggman teaming up with classic Robotnik? That would be fucking epic- and remember the classic Robotnik jazware toys they were planning on releasing too?

2. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Oh no, OH GOD NO! At first everybody was complaining about green eyes, so please don't do the same on the fucking eyelids!

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So this is going to be like Turtles Forever?

Shit just got real.

4. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I actually screamed "Holy shit!" when I saw Classic Sonic in the air with Modern Sonic. I like both versions, but never in my life I expect them to bring him back. I'm feeling pretty giddy right now. XD

So...I gotta wonder though..sorry if I shouldn't be asking this, but... + - What's Nicochi's opinion on this? We hear him go on about how ugly Modern Sonic is, and now we got Classic Sonic again. Is he finally happy, or not? Please tell me.  

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    You know, alot of people prefer the classic design of Sonic just for the sake of preferring it. I mean, I'm sure Nintendo fans wouldn't want Mario running around in realistic denims in actual Mario games. I mean, the current Modern Sonic design is a nice balance between the old charm and new sensibilities, but seeing the classic design is a very, very welcome surprise. To answer those that say that it's appearance changes nothing.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again. CG trailers set the tone for what to expect from the game. That's why there was a collective groan across the world when the SSX: Deadly Descents trailer was released.

6. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    [​IMG]
    So, how many people are gonna set this as their wallpaper? :p

7. NHY

NHY

Modern Sonic: Great, I got the ermalds, now I go Super!.... but only at the secret last stage..... in space.... fighting a huge monster Eggman freed to do his bidding but then went rouge and threatens to kill everything.

Classic Sonic: You hold back WAY too much, buddy! * turns Super *

8. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    could be an option, when you select a level it might ask what gameplay style you want: modern or classic and you play the respective version of sonic?

9. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Well what do you know, two Sonics. Doesn't mean the game isn't going to suck.

I am calling it right now - "Classic Sonic" isn't going to mean hardly a thing as far as gameplay is concerned, it will be more for aesthetic. Sonic Generations will deal with more Unleashed style gameplay, and why not, it set quite a precedent and overhaul from games like Sonic 06, and "it's FAST" according to Iizuka.

10. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    I would if it was 1280x1024. I don't have a widescreen monitor :(

....Who wants to help me out? I'll deal with black bands if I have to!

EDIT: The only thing that could make Classic Sonic better is if Jaleel White or the Sonic OVA guy voiced him.

I'll know quietly bow out of the ensuing arguments.

As for you Ross....all most people really want is the aesthetic. And most people quite like Colors gameplay, but of course you're entitled to your opinion! You know, "Doesn't mean I'll like the gameplay" as opposed to "Doesn't mean the gameplay won't suck"? It's alright, I got your meaning.

11. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Ha, I was just thinking that, but I couldent remember the name of that dang TMNT movie

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Sonic Adventure 2 says hi.

I've expressed my opinion on this so far, but I'll echo it here for posterity. My only issues stem with the fact that I think the classic Sonic model looks kind of dumpy, unbalanced and expressionless in the trailer and the game premise is sort of throwing me off (assuming it's based on classic and modern Sonic working in tandem... I mean, really? o_O), but everything else about this trailer has me pretty optimistic. I know it's just fan-service for the anniversary and I appreciate that—after all, this is the most appropriate time to bring it out—but I'm excited regardless. It seems like they'll be going all-out on this one and I can't wait to see how they do that.

My hopes are that you guys can respect each others' views on this and not degrade into really petty criticism about things like you do in most Sonic threads. For once, most of you seem to be getting literally exactly what you wanted here. You should feel pretty good about that.

13. Did I not fucking tell you people? Did I not? I write a whole article collecting the clues in true murder she wrote fashion leading exactly to this. I solved the mystery, and now you folks are shitting yourselves as if I never said anything at all.

Also, looks bitchin. Word on that.

14. roxahris

roxahris

Doing anything at all
    [​IMG]
    ...or this.

15. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    The platforms say XBOX 360, XBLA, PS3, and PSN. Also Kinect is mentioned in the rights reserved column.

No Wii or 3DS? Not disappointed, but I didn't expect them to disregard Nintendo's consoles this time.

16. Shade

Shade

Well, that is some shit right there. Well played, Sega.

17. corneliab

corneliab

I expect little and instead see the best fucking thing that could have possibly happened.

What the fuck.

18. roxahris

roxahris

Doing anything at all
    On a sidenote...
    [​IMG]
    This picture pretty much showcases what I don't like about the classic model - namely, the apparent butt in the middle of (classic) Sonic's face.

19. Skaarg

Skaarg

WHOA! Sonic has a kid now?! And He is FAT! Really weird SEGA, not what I expected. + - =P  

Actually this has potential to be really awesome or really crappy. I'm curious since there are two generations of Sonic it'll mean a return of the time stones. Personally I think that 3D classic Sonic model looks awesome.

20. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    If somebody other than me has a 1280x1024 resolution, I'll whip something up. If not, I'll just stick with my Sonic 2 HD wallpaper.

Curses!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.