don't click here

YouTube User Has an E3 Build Demo of Sonic '06 + Public Demo

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Provisional, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I'd like to know how he got this build but yet no one else at retro couldn't.

Found his gamertag:
    http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/Profile?gamerTag=Crashic15

But he has no recent activity. What does that mean?

EDIT: I have a lead:
    http://worldbeyblade.org/User-crashicth

2. Provisional

Provisional

Nice lead.

When he was buying a set of Sonic games at his local game shop the cashier asked him if he was a Sonic fan. After CRASH' said 'yes,' the cashier responded with something around "I got something you'll like" and gave him the E3 demo. [bottom of this comment page]

It looks related to the Privacy Settings.

---

Days ago I was looking at how to rip PS3 games so I could try making a step-by-step. The whole ripping process isn't clear to me yet.

Polygon Jim, can you post here the steps you've sent to Crash' ?

Edit:
    <!--quoteo(post=0:date=Mar 31 2011:name=Polygon Jim, private message)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Polygon Jim, private message @ Mar 31 2011)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->1.) Install custom firmware.

2.) Install backup manager.

3.) Dump game.

4.) ???

5.) Profit.

That's all there is to it. PS3 games can easily be dumped to any external harddrive formatted to FAT32 if you are on firmware 3.55 or lower.[/QUOTE]

3. You have no idea how much I'd cream over this. I'd even be willing to pay to get my hands on this!

Edit:

The actual XBL Demo is available on Digiex via torrent, I'd just really love to get my hands on that E3...

4. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.

I'd love to try the E3 demo, but, no PS3 :argh:

Also, someone should upload the Xbox Live demo to a FTP or something, that torrent is bound to die sooner or later.

5. Provisional

Provisional

=/ I've put up a link for the demo on the first post along with an SA1 sort of-beta. I edited those in after several posts into the thread so it wasn't obvious.

I'll go all caps them in the 1st post to give 'em more visibility and here are the links reposted.

• [Sonic '06 XBL Demo, 206MB]
    • <a href="http://www.adrive.com/public/d1992f049b52cf165b3bb8745430ff6f51a0b194be431594d88dff4db09b8804.html" target="_blank">[Sonic Adventure (XBLA, PartnerNET build), 1GB]</a> <-- the dead link in this post won't be updated, go to the first post instead / [source]

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Guys! I got a reply back!:

He wants to join but hes having trouble getting his account activated. think someone can help?

7. Provisional

Provisional

I tried registering a new account too and it is not working. The visual letters code's right and I set "bot check What's Sonic's color?" to blue but it just reloads the page with "The registration code didn't match" headline.

I PM'ed Crash' about this saying it's a site issue and hopefully it'll be fixed soon. I'm also gonna PM Scarred Sun about it.

Hope I'm not tripping.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Retro works wonders once again it seems.

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    All I did was send a polite PM to him on Youtube. Sometimes being polite works :).

I'm just hoping this registration thing gets sorted out so he can join in on the topic here and discuss the E3 demo with us.

10. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    I talked to this guy a long time ago on MSN. I don't have his account info anymore though... Something I think I should mention about him though...he said he had the SA1 Beta. You know, the one with that unused Windy Valley-like level. He claimed he got the iso from Assembler Games. Somebody should check into this with him again as well as trying to get that E3 PS3 demo of Sonic '06.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Well that would be cool if he shared what he knows about that with us as well. But I didn't know there was a beta floating around with an unused windy valley level?

12. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    Nobody did, and most still don't believe there is one as far as I know. Also, from what I gathered with my conversations with him, he spoke how it was on a flash drive at his dad's. He said he couldn't get it back, but "had" the textures ripped. He sent me a few edited pvm files with the apparent textures, but I honestly don't know if they're real or fake. They seem real, but so low quality that they could be easily faked. I happen to have two of them saved from when my old laptop crashed. Here's what those two look like.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If memory serves me, he had a few other edits too. The stripes with arrows, the gravel like areas, and those blue pebbles. Man, I'm thread jacking badly tonight...

I also remembered this video I did of an old, and now defunct, SADX mod. The object textures used these "beta" textures he gave me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBYr42QvP-g (The tornado part was cut from being shown, but if you pause it just before the video cuts off, you can see the textures he gave me in the quick image of the tornado section. I'll see if I might have the pvms laying around in my old files somewhere.)

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Whoa whoa before things get out of hand here, another reply:

14. Heyyyy, I'm more interested in that Sonic 06 E3 build! Does he have it? Can he upload it somehow? : <

15. Provisional

Provisional

So it's been some time and the registering through the forums page thing is still broken.

But then I realize, I got in here registering through Retro's "info" wiki section. And that one's still working fine right now.

Fffffffffuu[PM's Crash']

To me, it looks like the bug's left in to filter out some potentially obnoxious users from joining, going along with the Pending Approval system.

16. Yuzu

Yuzu

He said he doesn't know how to rip it.

Plus, if it's part of a development console, the executable can apparently be traced to the dev unit according to the person who released the video of the Sonic 4 PS3 beta.

17. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    If the demo is on Blu Ray then I don't think it would be possible to trace. And even so, as long as the demo wasn't downloaded from Sony's PartnerNet equivalent and was compiled and packaged with the dev console he purchased, it shouldn't have anything there to trace it also. But again, this is just a guess. I have no idea how things work in the realm of dumping PS3 prototypes.

But if it's on the hard drive, couldn't you just stick the HDD in an enclosure and view the contents on a PC? There's even a backup utility on the PS3 that backs up the contents of the PS3 to a removable drive. But that method puts everything in one file that's probably encrypted.

Again, these are just assumptions. I have no idea how it really works. :\

18. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

The HDD is encrypted so you can't just plug it into a PC, plus this game is on a Bluray disk. The method of dumping is the simplest thing ever which I already explained. Also like I've already mentioned before he doesn't have the demo anymore. Someone else has it.

19. So then what? Is it going to get dumped? :s

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Don't know I haven't heard from him lately. guess I'll give him a PM over at his new account and see if he still needs help registering.