don't click here

YouTube User Has an E3 Build Demo of Sonic '06 + Public Demo

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Provisional, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Provisional

Provisional

*Private Message me if you want to download something from a link that has 'died'. The first ADrive link expires every 14 days no matter what and the second FileDropper link expires after it hasn't been downloaded for 30 days.
    --------------------------------------
    may not warrant its own topic so: Sonic Adventure (2010, PartnerNET Build), <a href="http://www.adrive.com/public/c969f3aa071a7035b3141f7bb478b913589d5a84f1e89dfeab00c16dded9a059.html" target="_blank">[DOWNLOAD LINK, 1GB]</a>, [source]. Requires a JTagged Xbox 360. Probably minimal-to-no differences from final.
    ---------------------------------------

If it's relevant to anyone's interests, like for archives, YouTube user CRASHICTH has a copy of the:
    He provided a <a href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1UP8PTBG" target="_blank">download link</a> (dead, follow the green link) for the 360 demo but not for the E3 PS3 one. Based on the comments I think it's because he doesn't know how to rip/copy PS3 games ("its ps3 and I can't rip ps3 games?"), but he definitely knows how to rip 360 ones.

A few users asked for the PS3 copy and it was a no-go. He said good-bye from using his account on his last video made 8 months ago, but on his channel page it does say that he was on a month ago so contacting him is likely possible through private messaging on YouTube and on some of the sites he was on by Google'ing his name up.

So I think the best way to obtain a copy is to PM him, ask nicely, and provide simple steps on how to rip the PS3 demo. Anyone who has experience with ripping PS3 games could help on this.

I'll also post this up on X-Cult and provide a link there to go here and vice versa if that's okay with you guys. Or maybe not if there's enough interest to already handle it here.

EDIT: aw shit wrong sub-forum. :flunked: "fail"
    EDIT3: didn't see the <a href='index.php?showtopic=20591'>topic about the 360 one</a> till now. Or the <a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(2006_Xbox_Live_Demo)" target="_blank">wiki page</a>. The PS3 didn't seem to be discussed in the topic, though. Regarding whether or not the XBL demo can be downloaded off of the marketplace, for me it's listed but the download option is not there.

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Well...We already know about '06 being gone from the marketplace and everyone who wanted it downloaded (or ripped and burned it) it already.

But if he won't give up the PS3 E3 copy, what's the point? Especially if he pulled a disappearing act after people started asking for it.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I wouldn't go to X-CulT if I were you. just leave it here or post it over at SSMB as well.

If hes still active on youtube just hiding out, I'll ask if he wants to join here and discuss the demo he has.

4. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    I already tried to contact him months ago. I told him how to rip the PS3 demo and he told me he ended up giving the demo to a friend who could rip PS3 games, but then he never did anything.

5. Vangar

Vangar

So, where can we download this demo? His link was removed from megaupload =/

6. I have a JTag'd XBox, and I'd love to tear this mofo down, but the link cappn', she be dead!

7. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Someone has to have it burned or something, I have the 360 demo burned but my shitty ass connection would take days to upload it.

8. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    There used to be an FTP server with all the files from the demo on it but the server seems to be dead these days. I don't have the files on my HDD anymore, either. :c

9. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    I've got the 360 Demo burned on a CD. I'll see about uploading it somewhere when I get off work later today.

10. serpx

serpx

I may also still have the Sonic 360 demo, but, damn is it a shitty demo. It is a monument to THE biggest upset I've had with the Sonic franchise. My expectations were so high, I thought, "how could they possibly ruin this game? They've done this formula before with the Adventure series...."

And it went on from there.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's still on my 360's hard drive. How do I go around extracting it?

EDIT: Disregard, link was found.

But still, humor me, since it's useful for future reference.

12. Provisional

Provisional

I thought you were being a bit pretentious when you said "humor me;" I thought it literally meant to make someone laugh or something (lol derp). I figured something was up and had to look it up.

The extraction thing, I don't know how to do it but I found the perfect tutorial for it in like 10 seconds.

13. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    I remember I got the Unleashed demo for burning from this torrent that included several other Xbox 360 demos, including the Sonic 06 one.

Gonna see if I can find it again.

Ok, that was ridiculously easy, here's the link

It's still being seeded btw.

14. Provisional

Provisional

Oh wow and here I was thinking that I "saved" something that just got lost from the internet and then you post an organized torrent that was there all along, lol.

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I like how we are no longer talking about the E3 demo.

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Nothing we can do about it.

The poster on youtube has disappeared. Unless someone else knows the guy and wants to hunt him down for it, were stuck with that video he left on his Youtube just to tease us. (and I don't mean that in a mean way, it is just a tease :p)

17. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Until someone can find the guy and upload the demo then there's nothing else to do.

18. So wait, did anyone grab the E3 Demo before he took it down?

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    It was never put up.

20. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I can't express how much I'd love to give that thing a try. I would be curious to find out if the day/night cycle and debug mode is still intact in this build.