don't click here

Sonic 4 Episode 2 Wish List

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by XCubed, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Dear god no D:

Plus he produced Sonic Colors and I think that was one of the best 3D Sonic games ever, although it could have been better. He can have some good ideas, I just don't think his direction for Sonic 4 was as good as it could have been, and I mainly blame the inclusion of Dimps in the development.

2. I wish they'd do something like what Mega Man 9 did. I want a 16-bit game. They should just develop it for the Genesis and then release it for Wii/360/PS3/iOS with higher-resolution graphics.

3. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I want an HD game that feels like a true progression from S3&K. It would be one thing if the Genesis games were consistent in art-style like MM1-6 was, but they're not. Not only that, but who wouldn't love to see Sonic look similar to this in an HD sequel to the best Sonic game ever?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I can dream. >_>

4. Although it's nowhere near as important as the quality the physics, level layout, original content, etc., I would just like to echo other peoples' request for a classic-Sonic model mode.

There's something about Sonic's classic model that appeals to me so much. It's why I fell in love with the character growing up. If Sega wants to continue using nostalgia to milk money out of me, they could at least have the courtesy to do it right.

5. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    All of this, I agree with.

Edit, I fail at getting points. Sorry I'm tired.

6. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    But then when the physics fuck up it'll be my fault! ;_;

But please, no Akon.

7. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    [​IMG]

It's too late for that...

8. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    If there is anything that needs to be fixed the most, it has to be
    - ZERO Momentum in the air. Come on, people, you just CAN'T remove midair momentum like that. I shouldn't have to hold left to make Sonic move left after he was already moving that direction in the first place.
    - Fix the 'attempt to jump when running near a platform edge and instead of jumping, you homing attack' not-bug-but-shitty-feature.
    - Also, the angles that sonic can stand on absolutely NEED to be fixed. I can't tell you how many times this fucked my shit up when trying to shortcut a loop like in the classics.

Less of a priority, but certainly needs to be looked at:
    - Make Ep. 2 longer.
    - Make an original Special Stage style, or if that's too hard, at least bring back 'Get blue balls' and add a twist.
    - Add the Super Peelout.
    - Adjust Sonic's Phong shading. Either that, or Cel Shade him.
    - Spindash charge noise is switched with the spin attack noise. This needs to be reversed.

9. Spatula

Spatula

too cool for old school Member
    I want a game with Sonic 3 gameplay and Sonic CD level art and music.

10. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Playable Tails
    Co-op
    Tails in STH4 EP1
    That's about it

Super Emeralds would be a cool bonus, but not a major desire

11. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

Rename "Sonic 4: Episode 1" to "Sonic 4: Prologue" on all devices somehow.
    Even though I'm fully comfortable with the fact they were just testing the waters with Episode 1, the Prologue name could convince additional people of the same.

And don't split between the modern style (graphics) and the 16-bit style (music, WE COULDN'T FIT MORE ONTO THE CARTRIDGE).

12. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    A smart leaderboard systems that deletes times that are silly low, or scores that are silly high, mabye that sends the user a special zero point achivement titled "the worst kind of player"

13. Eventually people will figure out the cutoffs. And that achievement will kind of screw up the "Get all achievements" achievement.

14. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    What do I want from Episode 2? For it to be almost NOTHING like Episode 1, basically.

This is what I'd love to see changed above all else:

- Predictably enough, the physics! I'd like to see physics which are as close to the classic physics as it's possible to get, for obvious reasons.

- Classic Sonic mode please. Seriously, this is SONIC -4-, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to not put classic Sonic in it! Come on, just as an optional second character, it's not much to ask and it'd mean a lot.

- Homing attack has no place in classic Sonic and should be gone. Of course, this won't happen; so instead, how about making it an ability that you get from a shield, like in Sonic 3D? This way, you wouldn't necesarily have to use the attack if you didn't want to (unlike Episode 1, which is impossible to complete without that attack), you could just use it for shortcuts and alternate routes if you managed to keep your shield for long enough.

- Uncurling is just awful, need I say more? ;P

- Much improved level design. My main gripes being the homing attack chains and the damn cheap bottomless pits right at the end of almost every level.

- Make the levels look more original than just rehashes everywhere, and let's have some completely original Badniks and boss battles.

And these are things that would be nice but not essential:

- Playable Tails and/or Knuckles. As much as I love to play as Sonic, my favourite character, it was awesome to play as Tails and Knuckles in the classics as well - adds variety and allows for many more alternate routes through the levels.

- Proper transitions through the Zones as in Sonic 3 & Knuckles would make sense. It helps things to flow nicely.

- The elemental shields would be really nice; you could add one in for the homing attack too, as I mentioned earlier.

- 16 bit graphics! Yeah, I know it's not gonna happen, but I can dream =P

15. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Looser controls, less automation in level design, more original levels, better music and more original bosses is all I want. One petty little thing is that I kind of want to race Metal Sonic ala Stardust Speedway once more, but I can live without.

16. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    They need to ask Team Megamix if they can have the source and replace the title screen with "Sonic 4 Episode 2". This will be the greatest seller they ever had. :V

On a serious note: They basically only need to make a 1:1 copy of the original physics; delete the Sonic Rush engine from all their computers using the Gutmann method and start over.

17. Graxer

Graxer

Basically, being a direct sequel to Sonic & Knuckles, I want it to be much more like Sonic 3 & Knuckles so that the next episode doesn't feel like a step back to "Sonic 2.5".

* Level Transitions - The cutscenes/transitions that took place in Sonic 3 added to it's character and helped to explain the story in the most simple way possible. More of that would be great.

* Tails & Knuckles - In Sonic 2 I feel that Tails was wasted as he had the same abilities as Sonic and was basically a sprite swap. In Sonic 3 however, adding Tails' ability to fly and Knuckles, with his ability to glide, significantly added to the fun of the game. Multiple routes that cater for different characters is a must if adding Tails or Knuckles. The last thing I want is a sprite/model swap with a new ability which has no advantage in the game. Also, remember Knuckles' ability to smash through walls as he runs. This can be useful for reaching new, otherwise unreachable, areas that are designed specifically for him.

* Elemental shields with shield abilities - One thing that concerns me is that if the elemental shields do return, and I really want them to as they added a whole new dimension to the game, they won't have special abilities in case it gets in the way of the homing attack. The homing attack should be completely optional, not forced upon you. Have the homing attack by default, and if a shield is collected remove the homing attack and replace it. Have alternative routes that can be taken without the use of the homing attack.

* Moving environments in all levels - In levels like Mushroom Hill Zone all the mushrooms moved, even the ones you interacted with. Also in that level leaves/pollen/dust was kicked up behind you as you ran. This was a nice touch and made me feel much more immersed in the level. Even the haze in the background of Sandopolis Zone Act 1 was a great detail.

* No Green Hill Zone rehash - Admittedly Splash Hill Zone was based off of Emerald Hill Zone, but that itself took obvious queues from Green Hill Zone. Sonic 3's Angel Island Zone on the other hand may have taken the green grass "nature" theme from Green Hill Zone, but it evolved it into a jungle theme. It also didn't copy it at all in general level design, being a completely different style from both Green Hill and Emerald Hill Zones.

* Music - Music is another thing that should take cues from Sonic 3 and Knuckles. The basic level tune was the same throughout both acts in each zone except for being a remix. This kept a constant style and made sure all acts sounded like the same level. Also, Sonic 3 & Knuckles had a wide variety of midi instruments and created a beautiful collection of tunes that fitted the themes of the levels beautifully. Great examples of this are Marble Garden Zone and Sandopolis Zone which both captured the level themes brilliantly.

* Bosses - As well as having original bosses like almost everyone says, it would be great if Sonic 4 had 2 acts with a mini-boss at the end of act 1 and a proper boss at the end of act 2. There is no reason I can think of for an act in which you only fight the boss.

* Multiplayer - This I would like to see Sonic 2 style instead of Sonic 3 style as it is much better to play the real levels in multiplayer than a tiny looping level.

* Character Model/Sprite - It would be nice to have, even optionally, a chance to play as the sprites from Sonic 1-3. Also I gather that Sonic 3's sprites were modeled in 3D before being turned into sprites. If these models are accessible they would be extremely fun to play as. I also like the sound of the Warioland Wii sprite style that some have mentioned.

This is all on top of the obvious "physics" complaint and the fact that episode 1 was ridiculously priced on consoles.

Having said all this I am not a Sonic 4 hater, I just feel that it could be much better than it was!

18. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Even though I wanted a better visual style and better instrumentation out of Sonic 4, I didn't expect to get exactly what I wanted in either category.

I did expect that having run of the mill Sonic physics wasn't going to be considered a superfluous luxury.

It would be nice if the game looked as DKCR does to Donkey Kong Country, or Mega Man 9 does to Mega Man 2, and the music sounded likewise, but get the basics right first. That was just plain sad.

19. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=143608

Yes, guys. Sega is completely ignorant of how the original games worked physics wise and gameplay wise. Have they not seen the ceiling running that is possible in both the Mushroom Hill and Sandopolis Zones? In other words, shit's only going to get worse in the future as long as they have the current team at the helm. The only good thing we could do to hammer our points down is to send Mercury's Physics Guide to them personally in a mass email flood, but as it seems right now, those clamoring for proper physics (including yours truly) are probably not going to get what they want.

20. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    What.

No really. What.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.