don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I'm pretty sure they are. they been a compliant for years since their removal in SH and re-added back in SATSR on. No reason to remove them now unless they want to pull a sonic 2006 and disable them from the US version for no particular reason.

2. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    It is, confirmed as the German Reviewer tweeted on her Twitter you could select the vocal tracks to be either English or Japanese in the options menu. She says the new voice actors are a huge improvement but she personally likes the Japanese VAs more.

3. Innocence

Innocence

(ノ-_-)ノ Member
    Weasel words are so irritating. I hate it when people like the OP make shit up like that to hamstring the audience's optimism towards this game.

The OP said it was false afterwards, but its falseness seemed to get over the heads of some posters. Especially AniHawk's "lol preorder canceled" post. Jeez, some people are stupid. =/

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Well, after Sonic turned into a werehog, got a talking sword and Sonic 06 happened, I can see why some people would think you'd really have to move by alternating with the B and Z buttons. The OP later changed it to having to use the Balance board.
    It's supposed to be obvious that it's fake.

5. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    God DAMN Starlight Carnival Zone looks incredible.

When do you think we're getting the new trailer?

6. Garp

Garp

I'd imagine soon, we have 2 more to get through, right? I'd imagine one is a launch trailer and the other would come next week. Just a guess though.

7. Bareirito

Bareirito

Argentina
    Sonic - Mystery of the Chaos Emeralds
    The more they show about Colors the more I like it.

I also like they just brought back water exploration.

Nothing to say about this... I love it.

8. Alphaman

Alphaman

The video-review Dusk Golem posted also mentioned that the Wisps are optional - you won't get to see all the secrets without using 'em, but the game can be completed without their use. This is - IMO - great news, since it allows a no bullshit gameplay as well, if you just feel like playing a level without toying around with the gimmicks.

She also explained the use of the specific Wisps, but I'm pretty sure we knew that already... white ones give speed boost and green ones make you fly - well, I guess you get that from watching the video anyway. The review also closes with the words "finally, a good 3d Sonic" and mentions the slight SMG influence, which "doesn't matter, since Sonic's way faster than the chubby plumber". Either way, it's a generally positive review.

9. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I want to have sex with Starlight Carnival Zone.

And this soundtrack is really amazing, I cannot wait to have it.

10. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    I think this image kicks more ass:

[​IMG]

But back to the game.

Yeah, this game is looking really solid. Can't wait to play it. Asteroid Coaster and Starlight Carnival look like they're going to be simply amazing. Planet Wisp I'll probably love if only for the music, and Tropical Coaster and Sweet Mountain should be excellent introductions to this fabulous looking game.

By the way, seriously? GamePro gave Sonic Colors a perfect score?

[​IMG]

This ought to be better than I'll expect.

11. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    "A no bullshit gameplay" is a nice term to put it. Heh. And this is indeed true; in the Sweet Mountain Zone Act 2 video that Dreadnux recorded, he pretty much completed the entire level without using a single Wisp whatsoever. So, to an extent, the Wisps are like the Sonic 3 elemental shields: they are there, but you don't really need them to complete a level.

No bullshit indeed!

12. Machenstein

Machenstein

I feel rather bittersweet about the positive reception of Sonic Colors for various reasons. For one, I wanted Sonic 4 to be the one to garner this positive reception, not this strange 3D game that came completely out of nowhere. Sonic 4 was suppose to be the one to redeem the series and carry on the legacy of the Genesis games, but instead it happens to be Sonic Colors and its aliens. I also feel bittersweet because it took Sega this long to get it right. We should have had games like Sonic Colors last decade. We shouldn't have had to wait through Heroes, Shadow, 2006, Unleashed and the Storybook games just to get a game like Colors. Now the Sonic series has this huge time gap spanning for several years where there should have been games as good as Colors. It's a shame, really.

I am happy for Colors though. I am happy that it proved to a lot of people that Sonic can work in 3D and that Sonic Team can make something good again. It feels strange to see that the 2D Sonic game made by Dimps fell short of expectations while the 3D game by Sonic Team exceeded them.

13. VB.NET

VB.NET

United States
    Learning C++
    This is actually the 3D equivalent to Sonic 3 & Knuckles. They did it.

14. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    If my excitement towards this game is something to take into account, then, YES!

Guess I'll freeze myself to avoid the hassle of waiting a entire whole week for this game to be released (assuming the game is going to be shipped to me November 12th).

15. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Commercials for the game have started playing in American TV, and besides being cheesy I think the song playing in the trailer is the final boss song, it sounds like a dynamic version of "Reach for the Stars" like the final boss music in Unleashed was for Endless Possibilities. Thanks to Ferno and Jetronic on Sonic Stadium for capturing it.

16. Or it could just be an instrumental version of the song, seeing as the vocals and lyrics were cringe-worthy.

However, without the lyrics, it is catchy, up-beat, electronic, and pure Sonic. :D

17. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

It is definitely a more dynamic version as the instrumental version can be heard here:

The one in the US Commercial is more dynamic than this version, adds a few higher notes and a more intense drumline.

EDIT: Thanks to Jetronic for creating some Downloadable versions:

<!--quoteo(post=221144:date=04 November 2010 - 08:45 PM:name=Jetronic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jetronic @ 04 November 2010 - 08:45 PM) [​IMG]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->http://www.mediafire...5bqw4vit34bia48 - MOV

http://www.mediafire...g0rm1hbk7w7ct0o - MP4

http://www.mediafire...qpeuz6cg9lqpsz9 - WMV

Enjoy =) and thanks inferno and dusk for helping out[/QUOTE]

18. Well, both Sonic 06 and Sonic Unleashed had an orchestral rendition of the main theme as the final boss theme, so it's pretty likely. Hopefully it's good, though.

19. SA2

SA2

Sonic's dead; fly down to his corpse Member
    If I recall, I heard from somewhere there was going to be another vocal song besides the main theme, and the ending. So I think the final boss theme might be another vocal song.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    its the ending theme your talking about. since theres a main story sonic game its going to be a dynamic version.