don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Just think of it this way. In american terms its an A- close to a B.

2. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    I've never tried the Rush series, and I just tried to Colors DS demo yesterday. The controls and interface took a few minutes to get used to (the view is 2 screens!?!?!? That was a bit confusing). Sonic's model looks really ugly; it actually looked better when it zoomed in on him right before the glider section at the end. The graphics are kinda bland, hardly anything is animated. In fact, I think it's a downgrade from the Advance games where everything is animated and backgrounds have unique parallax scrolling, while in Colors DS it's a single scrolling image. Gameplay seemed solid, though I can't really comment much on it since I only played through it twice.

3. I was hoping for the Drill Wisp to be present, but the red one is still nice.

4. Blue Warrior

Blue Warrior

USA
    Sonic 1 soundtrack
    Here's a modification I did. I didn't really bother to make it sound good, necessarily, but I figured it would help research the music.

The first three appear to be drum tracks. I moved channel 1 up an octave and placed it in channel 10. If you move some of the pitches the notes are assigned on in channel three and turn it toward channel 10, it's easier to comprehend, so that's also presented here. Not certain about channel 2, so I left it as piano. 16 might be yet another effect, so I turned it into a timpani. Channel 6 is a misc thing as well, I just guessed on it and modified the octave and instrument patch.

I can only assume that channel 4 is assigning different guitar samples to various keys. With a general midi instrument patch, it doesn't seem to follow any melodic sense. Fuck it, it's a series of guitar frets now.

The other tracks appear to be playing at different pitch offsets, probably due to the pitches of the ingame samples. I changed the offset, so now they're all playing on the same key. Some instruments were changed as well to sound more closely to the original.

5. Alphaman

Alphaman

That actually a pretty common system in Germany. It's used to grade school efforts as - 1 is, as has been said, A and 6 is F. 1.98 is basically a B(+). Also, the mag totally sucks. I haven't read it in years, but it's still a subdivision of the Bild magazine, which is a shitty tabloid. The target audience is basically the same, and it shows when it comes to the writing style of reviews and their criterias determining the quality of games, so I'd take everything they say and criticize with a grain of salt.

6. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    They complained because it's too colorful? Fucking seriously? What the hell kinda shit is that.

Oh wait, I forgot we live in a time where most games lack any amount of color whatsoever. They should boot up a Sega Genesis, they'll be blasted with so much color they'll go into either cardiac arrest.

Anyway, I'm glad it got a good score.

7. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    You're not supposed to use it with GM instruments. Use the included DLS file with it.
    If you really want a labelled MIDI, though, here you go.

8. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    Goddamn the Aquarium Park music (Wii) is relaxing. And the screens - yes, please. With a side salad.

This game is going to be incredible. 9 days away from release, and not a hint of any Sonic Cycle shenanigans.
    Can the game make it the 9 days without Sega announcing a previously unknown game breaking feature?
    It's looking likely. I've gone form being quite sceptical about this to being sure that it'll be the best Sonic game in a decade.

9. The silly thing about it: it's even called Sonic Colors! So what did they expect? A gray/brown/sub-grey/sub-brown game, like most newly released shooters lookalike? I want Sonic colorful! It's about fun, so it should be fun to look at it, too.!

10. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Ah, my mistake. Thanks.

11. The more I see and hear about this game, the more this seems to come into play:
    [​IMG]

12. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  13. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    Garman GamePro gives Sonic Colors a perfect score.

Here's there video review of it, includes new cutscene footage: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/30ecHD-DeBY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/30ecHD-DeBY?fs=1&hl=en_US</a>

14. Garp

Garp

Asteroid Coaster looks amazingly fun, and I'm glad there's underwater exploration. Just 12 more days...

EDIT: I meant Starlight Carnival, sorry

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Question, would that shitty google subtitle feature work on this video?

EDIT: Aww damn I wanted this guy to be captain of the candy pirate ship:
    [​IMG]

16. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

No clue, I copied and pasted and it's a weird link. XD

Here's a better one:

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The OT of this game on NeoGAF has an awesome header: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412098
    [​IMG]

Also:

18. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Starlight Carnival is already my favourite zone. So crazy.

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Is there a non-Youtube link per chance?

20. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

I think that review just confirmed the game has an English and Japanese voice track option for the game.

The video review from GamePro shows several cutscenes but I just noticed something. In most of the cutscenes the game has English dialog, but in the last one with the Candy Pirate the voices are speaking in Japanese. English and Japanese vocal tracks confirmed?