don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Is that from the midi? If So, can you most the midi?

2. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I enjoyed the Colors demo, not very surprising that it's basically Rush 3 but I don't find that a bad thing. I'll probably look into the DS version at some point too, though I wonder if I should wait until after I've played the Wii one.

3. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    I didn't like the lack of tricking, homing attack shouldn't be the jump button, it feels clunky. Will be pirating, will not be buying. =\

4. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Since someone asked, Sonic Rush VS Sonic Colors DS.

Uncurling
    SR: Exists but game also has boost button. Very reliant., SCDS: Exists but game also has boost button. Not as reliant though.

Spindash
    SR: Charging gets you farther, SCDS: Charging gets you farther

Spindash + Jump
    SR: Triangle Arch, SCDS Triangle Arch

Homing attack
    SR: Sonic uncurles but is still able to attack. very limited range. Can attack first robot with homing attack and second without while still airborne, SCDS: Sonic Stays in a ball and is less vulnerable. Can attack first robot with homing attack and second without while still airborne. Homing target doesn't make a sound.

Jumping
    SR: Let go of the D-pad and horizontal movement slows down fast, SCDS: Let go of the D-pad and horizontal movement slows down fast

Slopes
    SR: Speed is added to Sonic's roll, SCDS: Speed is added to Sonic's roll. Enough so that he can clear 2 small loops before hitting a speed boost.

Slope angles
    SR: Sonic can stand on slopes of 45 degrees or lower. Any thing higher causes some slippage but not enough for hindrance. Sonic Uses his edge animation while on a 45 degree slope, SCDS: Sonic can stand on slopes of 45 degrees or lower. Any thing higher causes some slippage but not enough for hindrance.

Wall walking (where you need just medium speed)
    SR: Entirely possible , SCDS: Entirely possible

Springs
    SR: Launches you to your destination SCDS: Launches you to your destination

Boosters
    SR: Just add To Sonic's Speed, SCDS: Just add to Sonic's Speed

It appears that the engine is still mostly the same in colors DS. Except it now uses Spindash more, has a more useable Homing attack, and less uncurling than Rush.

5. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Just played the demo too, and found myself jamming that button trying to do tricks. Though it's not as necessary here since there's a lot more to pay attention to in the level (I always felt the tricks were added in Rush due to the levels being so straightforward), it would be a nice feature.

I'm also glad the stomp and wall jump are in.

6. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

So that's what tricked me. Still looks enjoyable though. I'll be downloading the demo shortly.

7. Garp

Garp

I thought the demo was pretty fun, though it took me a while to get used to the changes from Rush. I'll probably pick it up down the road, but right now I just want to get the Wii version.

8. Tanks

Tanks

Sonic Colors DS Demo 2sf Rip

Sonic Colors DS Demo Midi/Wave Rip

SSEQ2Midi sucks. Do not use it. VGMtrans, as far as I'm concerned, is the best tool for midi ripping from an SSEQ. That said, the instruments are off, of course, but that should be the only real issue with the midis.

EDIT:

Also, dunno if anyone cares, but...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those are some low effort rips. Dunno' if I'll put much more effort into getting models or something like that.

9. Chuck D Head

Chuck D Head

The Dead Zone
    Semi-Super Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    I'm having way more fun with this one level demo than I had with the entirety of Sonic 4 Ep 1.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Your links are dead, they up anywhere else?

11. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Eh, screw it. I'll grab the DS version for my Acekard and buy the Wii version with gift money or luckily get it as a gift for Christmas.

12. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    The German Magazine Computerbild Spiele gave the game a 1.98. Out of what you ask? Well their review system is.. .different. They rank things from 1-6, with 1 being the BEST and 6 being the WORST. Their only complaint is apparently the game is too colorful sometimes. Okay? XD But they loved it, scans may exist somewhere on the interwebs soon...

I'm not quite sure how to review tally this review though.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Wow, you'd expect 1 being the worst but cool glad to see another good review!

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The game is too colorful? The word Color is in the name. Of course it's going to be colorful.

But if that's their only complaint then I'll be damned this game may very well be full of awesome. But I must ask, 1.98? Why not just 2?

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    There's no need to put on padding when you're not writing to a flashcart or chip? =P

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    2 is bad bro.

Quoted from dusk:

17. By the way, I'm an idiot for forgetting that you can boost in the air. You can just do that from the higher path right before the hang-glider and get the alternate route. You can also do this, after being launched by the pulley right before the first totem-pole eating section to skip said totem-pole eating.

The explosions are all from SRA, by the way.

tl;dr, I'm really liking this demo.

18. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    I don't know how to most - but I can certainly post the files for it. Kinda redundant now that Tanks has posted the MIDI/WAVE files, but a DLS file is more organised.
    Here!

19. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    The MIDI is a total mess, I must say. I think the first 2 tracks are supposed to be the drums, but I'm not entirely sure.

20. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    For anyone still confused on what Computerbild Spiele bases their rating-system, it's the German school-grading system, which is essentially like the American A-F, but we got an E somewhere in there, too. :B So a 1 would equal an A, 2 a B etc. ... and a 6 would equal worse-than-F. Their review scores are calculated based on a number of smaller factors (graphics, replayability, controls, sound-effects, music, localization, etc.) and then added together. One big factor in getting the score down like this is also that, if a game uses a lot of English terms in it's German translation and doesn't bother to be dubbed into German, localization usually gets a 4,00, which kinda brings the whole thing down even further.

On that note, I am rather surprised they gave it that high a score... especially with how critical they are going.