don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Penguin

Penguin

Oh, lmao...

Thank God.

2. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

It means we're a bunch of dumbasses, hahahaha :Y. And yes, it is like the previous games, because the excitement was experienced prior to the game's release, which is exactly what is happening here. Not that I haven't vocalized my support for the game, based off of everything I have seen and the inferences I've made on how it will likely be an improvement from Unleashed.

3. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    What's weird is back around 2006 a common complaint was that there's too many characters, but to be honest, I've become quite tired of being able to play as only Sonic. I don't want to play as 10+ characters, but I don't want to play as just Sonic either. Why can't they just do Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles?

But for now it doesn't matter, Sonic Colors looks awesome, and I'm hoping to see a Sonic Colors 2... or at least a decent 3D game with only Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles playable (NO EMERALD HUNTING PLZ).

4. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    To be honest, I could live without Knuckles for a while. I'd be totally fine with just Sonic and Tails (and Mighty, but that's a post for a different day). What I really want is Tails to play how he did in 3K, and for the stages to take advantage of that. Perhaps the sequel will fulfill my wish, but that's one of the very few things I could think of that could improve this game.

5. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    He's right you know.

I feel bad for you Namo. Hasn't a decade of cruelly repetetive disappointment taught you anything?

I'll reiterate my opinion from the position of authority of actually having PLAYED this game at SoS. It's your standard-issue "hold right (or sometimes forward, woooooah 2D/3D switching) to win" Straight Line Zone of a new-age Sonic game. The levels admittedly look sweet, but the REASON they look sweet is because that's the only thing there to occupy your attention, gameplay being a distinctly secondary consideration to the designers' "Hey do you think we can squeeze some really good graphics out of the Wii?" objective.

Ipso facto, Cyclo.

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I'll let my avatar do the talking.

7. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    HE'S NOT EVEN SPIN-DASHING UNDER IT HOW CAN WE TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY? ;)

8. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    That's amusing, because Planet Wisp Act 2 (the Dreadknux video) didn't look like Straight Line Zone to me. :v:

9. Vertex

Vertex

Define 'normal'.
    I have a question for anybody who's played a demo: do the QTEs require you to time the button-pressing, or do you just mash it repeatedly?

10. I'm hoping for the former. What's the fun in just mashing A? They could at least make it require the use of more than one button, like in Unleashed.

11. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    At PAX I just mashed A. So the latter unless they changed it for the final build.

12. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    The problem here is that despite owning it since launch, I don't know what the fuck the buttons on the Wiimote and Nunchuck are called. L and R triggers, right?

13. No. The Nunchuk has a Z button in the place where you'd find the left trigger on a 360 controller (or L2 on a PS2/3 controller) and a C button in place of the Left Bumper/L1. The remote has a B button on the back in a place similar to where you'd find a right shoulder button on a conventional controller. A is the big circle on the front.

Hopefully that was clear enough for you. Or perhaps since you say you've owned it since launch I should have just sent you to look at your Wii Remote and Nunchuk.

14. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Shhh, I'm in my happy place here. :ssh:

But yeah, the 3D Parts look fairly linear, which I'm fine with, for one good reason - the turning segments. I'm a big racing game fan, and my favorite part of racing games (aside from throwing powerups ala Mario Kart) is drifting around corners. The fact that drifting corners is in a Sonic game (that isn't drift or R) just has me giddy.

As for the 2D Bits, I've seen a lot of Soinc 3 styled multiple path areas, or at least areas that don't have you going in straight lines.

So, it's gonna be fun, for me at least. :colbert:

15. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    Nintendo Power reviewer speaks out about Sonic Colors. His story seems to check out and he has posted from time to time on the boards on matters about Nintendo Power and some games, and he spoke out on Sonic Colors:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php...320&page=30

16. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Waaaaaaaaaaait a second. He gave this game a 9.0? A 3D Sonic game. Getting a fucking 9?

EDIT: Oh Nintendo Power. Nothing to see here folks.

17. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    First off, I'd like to state that the soundtrack to this game from what I hear is fucking incredible. Like, holy shit. I would buy this album, if I wasn't just gonna pirate it like the dirty thief I am. :v:

Second, thinking about buying a Wii just for this game, seems like it'd be worth it. Well that and Mario Galaxy 1 and 2.

18. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

New trailer!

19. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Best power. No discussion.

Video is fitting.

20. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

OK, as we get more and more material in the game I can't help but notice that this certain Cyclops eye keeps popping up everywhere. At first I thought it might be some design choice Eggman has on his robots but it's looking less like it especially with the recent trailer where it showed up some more. This is all speculation but it might contain spoilers so I recommend not looking at the topic if you don't want any spoilers, even if this is just speculation.

+ - I think the cyclop's eye has something to do with another evil force than Eggman. Now the cyclop's eye has popped up on several things. It's on the boss of Starlight Carnival, a giant airship: It's on the cauldron's that spew spike balls and rings that cannot be killed: And it's on some ancient structures on Planet Wisp: And now, if you paid attention to the very beginning of the new trailer, look at the bottom screen and you will see something that looks like a black tower with something akin to the flaming eye of Mordor planting itself with giant purple roots to a planet: And then we also see a CG scene of something purple reflecting off a Sonic and HE LOOKS PISSED as he runs back down the side of Eggman's tower back to Earth: SEGA sometimes shows CG from close to the end of the game... Think there's something going on here?