don't click here

Sonic Fan Remix

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by pelikan13, Mar 13, 2010.

1. pelikan13

pelikan13

yes, physics are pretty much spot on. We have Mercury to thank about that..

2. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    You've just made my life complete.

Also I'd say use this for your Emerald Hill mix.

3. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    It's a bit hard to tell from the screenshots, is that actual 3D or is the game doing the whole Sonic 4 pre-rendered thing?

4. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    GOTY, all years. I'll be part of the contributing force of DDoS'ing whichever server hosts this when it's available. This is just amazing.

5. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    agreed with Azukara, that music is awesome for this awesome game!! can't wait to play it!!
    PS: please make him not trial member anymore ;A;

6. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    Meh, if you still need a GHZ remix, I got a pretty decent one somewhere on my HD, PM me and I'll send it over.

On another note, this looks awesome, can't wait to play it! I just hope it'll play in Wine or in my WinXP VM.
    EDIT: If you need it to be hosted, feel free to PM me too. I gots a pretty powerful server :)

7. pelikan13

pelikan13

thanks Azu but I was thinking something more like this for the second act http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIQA41VGX20, I would use this but I can't contact the guy..

8. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Well, you mentioned needing an Emerald Hill mix for Act 1 so I decided to give you one. :v:

9. dsrb

dsrb

Probably ought to check with the remixer first.

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Ugh, really? That mix is so lame. Half of it's done with the Microsoft Wavetable synth, for fucks sake.

If you want something for Green Hill, you could try Star-Rise Knoll (made by InstantSonic and Jace; make sure to ask if you can use it). Definitely pick something better than that, though.

11. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    It's my remix :P

Anyways, I like this project so far, and hopefully it won't be some shitty fan-game with even shittier music and gameplay in the end.

12. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    I feel like my eyes just melted, in a good way of course. Seriously, why isn't pelikan13 a full member yet? Just a little question: Is that giant Eggman robot in the background doing something or is it a static image?

13. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Wow, this is truly Sonic the Hedgehog as you imagined it.

Regarding the Giant Eggman Robo in the background, I think it's a little bit too big and it should be reduced in size. Just a suggestion though.

14. Need some music you say? Here is some. :)

15. dsrb

dsrb

Haha, oops!

Well, the physics are sorted, with Mercury being on board. And I doubt anything else is going to be "shit" if pelikan13 has put so much effort into the graphics.

pelikan: Aside from the obvious references to Sonic 2, is anything from the other games making an appearance? I could think of plenty of examples of scenes that could look epic with similar attention to the graphics, the first I thought of being Lava Reef Zone's chase up and into the volcano, with the Death Egg in the background, etc.

16. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    There will be a way to make the textures smooth and have a much higher resolution, right? Looks awesome.

17. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Once this is done Sega needs to be shown this as a way of saying "This is Truly Sonic The Hedgehog 4 as WE Imagined it." Not the Sonic Advance 4 they're pushing as Sonic 4

18. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Let me add one more to that:

19. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Casting my vote for this.

20. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I hate to sound like I'm rushing but when will the new video be released? I've always thought that screenshots made this game look overly detailed, but it looked a whole lot better in motion.