don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    No, he should still be chastised. When you say something like that to this community, even if you back off on it, it *will* get widespread attention. "Franchise changing news" should have never come out of his mouth.

2. ArchangelUK

ArchangelUK

Used to do things. No one quite recalls what. Member
    UK
    I already apologised for the phraseology but by all means fan those flames Tristan...

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    David Humphrey's glorious return as Shadow? No? Oh well.

Resounding meh at this news. Nothing I didn't know about since a few days ago (you Sega guys are terrible at keeping secrets... don't even bother at this point), but good to see Pollock's staying around. He was lackluster at first, but he's got better and hit his stride in Sonic Unleashed.

Although, hearing the MadWorld writers are up to something with the series... that right there is news worthy. They're one of the few components within Sega that shouldn't be purged in a fire (others being Sega Sound Team and their CGI Animation studio)

4. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    More at 11.

5. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    lmao @ this post considering the source

6. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    Are you serious :/
    they are voices for gods sake! It's hardly GAME changing let along franchise changing :/ Colours will be the same regardless of weather sonic is voiced my Jason or Roger.

I don't really care a voice actors, its the last thing I think of tbh :/ especially in a sonic game.

7. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Probably get away with it easily aslong as you didnt say "important franchise changing news". Changing the VA's is franchise changing(technically), it's just the community assumed bigger than it was lol

8. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    Typical Tristan, oh well.

I liked someone's #retro's idea, David Hayter as Shadow, I can easily see Snake's voice coming out of him.

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Eh, I think that the term was simply misinterpreted rather than inaccurate. I'll throw something else your way (water?) and commend you for getting us so excited.

Anyway, I'm still thrilled by this news and even more thrilled by the positive reactions to it. Things can change with the unveiling of new voices in the future, but let's just see how things go.

10. At least they've got someone half-decent for Sonic's voice now, I don't watch Naruto so I can't say anything for Tails' new VA though. And IMO Robotnik had what was probably the *least* horrible of the voice actors, so keeping his current VA wasn't a totally dumb move.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    You make it sound like I was serious about David Hayter. :specialed:

12. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

One thing about the new Sonic is that he should be a lot less Nasally. The dude who played Chris Redfield has a deeper voice. Sonic has had too nasally of a voice lately, it'll be nice to hear him with a slightly deeper, more mature voice. Hopefully with the voice change comes an attitude change, and he's less "HEY HEY YES AWESOME COOL!" now.

Personally, I always liked Knuckles VA from Sonic Adventure 1. Not for Sonic, but for Knuckles. I thought he was perfect for that character.

13. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Haha Solid Snake as Shadow. That would be awesome just for the hilarity factor.

Man, this is like DBZ Kai all over again. All of a sudden, I just got interested in Colors.

14. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Lol, I'm starting to see the pattern they're going for here. After 19 years, his balls have finally come to a complete drop.

15. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

lol from Urkle to Chris Redfield. Quite a change indeed.

16. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    Personally, I'm just glad that the last vestiges of the 4Kids plague has finally disappeared (except for Robotnik, who was pretty good). As for the new VAs, I'm rather interested in how the actors will do. Franchise changing? Perhaps not, but intriguing news nonetheless.

17. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

18. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    So basically the state of things as far as story and presentation are concerned is this: the writers and voice-actors have all been replaced by people with enough relevant credits that we should all be wondering what wonders they might work, rather than wondering how badly they'll fuck up this time.

I'd say that's pretty good news, actually.

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Pretty much. The only worry remains the level design and how the game runs (smoothly, choppily, lots of glitches or not.)

EDIT: So, someone pointed out Roger also voiced Zagi in Tales of Vesperia... well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdIcui0nb8U#t=03m35s

Say hi to Sonic.

20. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Man I feel better
    [​IMG]
    had to draw it =w=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.