don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    In SA2 we could clearly see that it said 'tails: male' on the wanted board but we can also clearly hear the voice is female. Tails is a transsexual. :v:

2. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    So, Sonic now has the ability to punch boulders, thus rendering Knuckles irrelevant. No wonder he can break things with his face in Sonic 4. :v:

I'm not pleased to see Griffith go, per se, but the actor chosen seems like a good one. Maybe I'm just dazzled by his list of credits. At any rate, I'm not sure he's necessarily a good Sonic—but the guy has enough range for me to hope he is.

Tails needed a better voice. Amy Palant improved in Unleashed, but still sounded off. Odd choice, though—when Sakura's name popped up, I thought for sure she'd be voicing Amy Rose. :v:

EDIT: Heard some pretty promising Tails potential in that Higgins stuff...

Mike Pollock staying, as expected, wouldn't have it any other way. At this point I associate his voice with Eggman in the same way I associate Mark Hamill's with the Joker. As in, I read his voice into the comics and everything. Would have been extremely pissed if he'd been booted off, he's the only honest-to-gods GOOD actor of the bunch, he's been a great Eggman even as far back as Shadow and '06, when everyone else sucked eggs.

3. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

[​IMG]

4. NTom64

NTom64

Liking the new VA for Sonic, indifferent about Tails and a hearty hell yeah for Mike Pollock.

All in all, not bad!

EDIT:

Strike that indifference in regards to Tails, that voice-reel for his new VA fills me with confidence. Pretty decent fit IMO.

5. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
  6. sparx-1

sparx-1

I don't usually care that much about the voice acting that much when it comes to Sonic, but Roger shows a lot of potential! I think he could finally voice Sonic well enough that you can take his voice seriously for a change. Honestly, anything's an improvement over Tails' 4kids voice actor in my opinion. That voice always brought to mind a little kid with a snotty nose... O.o

Also, another voice that's had people complaining a lot that I think people would like to see changed is Rouge. Don't get me wrong, her 4kids voice was awesomely sexy, but it just wasn't right for the character.

7. Lol this is apparently important.

Well, all I can say is if they sound like their respective characters...I'm set.

We will see how they fare vs the 4Kids Actors. Thank God Mike is staying with Robotnik! Wouldn't be the same without him!!

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Oh crap its the old sonic 4 thread all over again!! :specialed:

Well it was the final boss after all!

Higgins might do amy who knows (except AAUK) Jason after all took on sonic, shadow, and jet.

9. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    This announcement was so irrelevant it barely made me forget about Sonic 4's gameplay flaws. :(

11. ArchangelUK

ArchangelUK

Used to do things. No one quite recalls what. Member
    UK
    LocalH: Scary. Especially as this wasn't intended. Can you imagine if I'd deliberately tried? X_x

Right I'm heading home now... my work day finished yonks ago and I've just been hanging around Retro. In fact I think I'm the last one in the office! It seems the majority are pleased/interested at the very least. Anyone with any specific questions can always PM me and I'll see what I can do to answer them within reason.

Cheers.

AAUK

12. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Well, as you're getting actors with credit lists and whose past performances have been all-around good, I'd have to be a real fanboy to be displeased at this point.

Isn't it confirmed that Amy is in Colors as well, though? Why no word on her actor yet?

13. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Being both a Resident Evil and Sonic fan, this is going to be very awkward listening to Roger Craig Smith playing both Sonic and Chris. Can't wait for Sonic to have the ability to punch boulders!

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

It would be awkward, except he's not like Dan Green in the sense that you can hear that ONE character he's famous for in almost every voice he does, so I don't think it'll be that much of an issue. Certainly not as much of an issue as hearing Raziel from the Legacy of Kain series almost every time a common NPC in Oblivion opens his mouth, anyway. =P

15. SonarDragon

SonarDragon

This.

If Tails' new voice isn't exactly like the second one in Kate's reel, I will be sad. It sounds just like an 8-year-old male kid, *as far as I know* and it's adorable.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Wouldn't fanboys be actually the only ones to think this has any relevance to anything?

17. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    QFT

I was expecting something big, not voice actors. =P

18. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I like this new Sonic VA. He's got potential.

Here's hoping Shadow and Rouge are tolerable. Also a new Silver? I actually liked the old one :/

19. Relick

Relick

England
    C++/DX10 Engine (not sonic related)
  20. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

So, Sonic is now Shinji Hirako from Bleach. That's kind of... surreal.

Both new actors seem to have pretty good ranges, though. Kate Higgens also sounds pretty capable of doing a boyish voice well enough to suit Tails.

Very glad to see Pollock is still Eggman. No reason to switch him out as he's pretty much done an excellent job from the beginning. Good call.

So pretty much everyone else is getting new voices as well? I'm hoping Travis Willingham is considered for Knuckles. Hearing him as Roy Mustang, I think he could fit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.