don't click here

Alleged unused Shadow music

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by GeneHF, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

A question, since you've researched this at the time, was the artwork for Heroes' enemies ever released? There were some that showed up on Sonic Team's site, they can be found here but the rest of the enemies do have official art on the game guide but I never saw them besides there. For example.

For Shadow the Hedgehog and in the same guides, there was some art of the character that was never released either, with him pointing a gun. There was a frontal and backwards view. There was also three or four enemies with art, the black hawk, black oak, black warrior and the jeep.

Do you had/have any of those? Have you ever seen them somewhere else?

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    For the heroes stuff, anything that was in that archive was currupt. But I don't remember running into those paticular renders so all we have are those LQ renders on the site. Later on, I'll do some hunting at my old haunts and see if I can dig up anything.

Can you show me of this pic of shadow? I do have enemy renders too here I'll give you the whole character render set I have and hopefully you can find the ones you need:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/t2yxb5
    Sorry about the shit watermarks on the side but at least they don't interfer with the renders itself.

3. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Oh the Heroes part is unfortunate.

The Shadow archive however, has some of the art I was looking for. As you can see, some of those are missing from here:
    http://info.sonicretro.org/Category:Artwor...ow_the_Hedgehog
    I'm not sure why no one has ever put them on the wiki, since they're still on the gamespot site. It's not like they're in the press vault, which normal people don't have access to, so it's easy to overlook those. Maybe it's because they might have their quality adultured? I've no idea. I think you should upload them (Black Hawk, Warrior and Oak, along with the jeep, the capsule bottom thingy and black barrel (the black thing with pink stuff) to the wiki) anyway.

However, the Shadow pose is not amongst them, sadly:
    [​IMG]

I've never focused on Shadow's game, but I took some time to check on this right now, the ones missing and that are on the guide are mostly weapons:
    http://i46.tinypic.com/6xsuoj.jpg
    And the shadow + bike combo, but I found it and uploaded it.
    http://info.sonicretro.org/File:Shadowth_shadow_moto.png

Como to think of it, the render from the game cover isn't there either.
    edit: here it is, also uploaded it: http://info.sonicretro.org/File:Shadowth_shadow_bazooka.png

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    ....Strange. It looks to be a custom render based off the shadow statue at E3 '05:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Even the left hand pose is the same! creepy...

EDIT: If you know what this render is from, maybe someone can pick it up, scan it, extract the render, and post it here.

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  6. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    Much obliged, Lanzer :)

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    No probs. Maybe you can find some way to get those videos up somehow but really there no REAL difference between what was shown at E3 and now. small changes really.

Wasn't there rumors of a PS2 demo floating around at some point?

8. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    This reminds me, I don't recall ever hearing the bit that served as Background Music for the early Shadow trailers coming up in the actual game.

9. Wow, everyone is JUST NOW catching up with "Broken" from Sins of a Divine Mother and "Who I Am" from A2 being unused bonus tracks in ShtH?

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Hey, can someone get me that trailer music ripped? I want to add it to my archive.

I knew since I wiki'd SHTH one day and found out.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Shows how much attention some people paid Shadow.

Still better to know now than never.

12. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Question.

What is this image from?:
    [​IMG]

I can't figure it out and I've never seen this scene in a cutscene before.

13. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom

It's from a "Shadow the Hedgehog" commecial.

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    A US SHTH commecrial?! Never saw it. but then again, sonic commecrials have just as fast of an airing cycle as sonic himself (no pun intended) you blink and there already not airing it anymore.

Thanks for that 'Boom.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  16. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

These are years old. The guy isn't going to release more.

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Your right. damn! it seems I was mislead and jumped the gun without looking at the dates.

But still, its an interesting find reguardless. shame because he is probably the only one left with the original SHTH uncut intro cutscene other then SEGA. and I needed a reason to talk about beta material again. :v:

18. Okay, I really hate to continue bumping this ancient thread, but... The third video, the one of Shadow and Black Doom talking about the ARK...

Why the fuck is music from The Lion King playing in the background?

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Apparently when SEGA has this guy testing their cutscenes and dialog fluency, he just puts in any sort of music that fits atm and damned the copyrights.

Of course this is all beta stuff thats removed come final product. but I would've liked to hear what music the cutscene maker would've fit in instead of SEGAs tracks. :v:

20. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    It's placeholder music. Used for... you guessed it! Temporary filler until the game composers get around to scoring the scenes themselves. That's all. :)

Also notice various sound effects being used with varying degrees of success. Some actions have no audible sound. Also most likely stock placeholders.

LOL at Bella Hudson being used as an Elise placeholder. I remember one line that bled through in the first previews of '06. "Guide us with your eternal light." Didn't realize she probably did a lot more than that one line. Makes sense. [/thinking out loud]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.