don't click here

Sonic 06 demo gone from XBL

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Guess Who, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    You idiot, it's 4 dollars on Amazon! YOU CAN WAIT! YOU CAN WAIT!

2. Listen to Chimpo, Guess Who! It's not worth $20! IT'S NOT WORTH $20!!!

3. SA2

SA2

Sonic's dead; fly down to his corpse Member
    I guess it depends on how much Guess Who wants it, I know I have 2 copies of the game and they were 10$ each. I think it was worth it.

Wait to find it cheaper then! lol 20$ seems a bit silly for something you can find an actual copy for cheaper...

4. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    It's too late. The damage has been done. I can't be saved now. :ohdear:

I'll post impressions and shit when it's done downloading. I'm preparing for the worst.

5. Neoblast

Neoblast

You shall regret it man...
    It is actually an achievement to complete the whole game, I got fucking tired after completing 50 % of the game.

I have the demo here, in case you guys would need it in the wiki or something.

6. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    You poor son of a bitch. Do a liveblog, will you?

7. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I like how no one talks about the fact that there are two Mephiles'.

8. Deathbyteacup

Deathbyteacup

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons. Member
    Uh, yeah, I totally don't believe you just did that.

You can buy it for less than £4 at pretty much any second hand game or entertainment store, and even failing that, the wait from Amazon would have been the best bit.

:|

9. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    You're just filling in the blanks, though. I've already proven how one-dimensional everything else is about this is. Nobody died, because that's what happens in a one-dimensional world.

Yes, Sonic was "chasing after" Eggman. But we're talking a character who can run several hundred miles-per-hour. I doubt Eggman could outpace Sonic in just the Eggmobile. Let's not forget the fact that, in the opening cutscene of SA1, we see Sonic jumping between buildings - surely he could've just jumped to the Eggmobile and restrained him before Eggman even knew what was going on.

But in a one-dimensional world, Team Rocket's blasting off again, Dr. Wily breaks out of jail, Rita Repulsa always has another monster (unless it's a season finale), and even if you throw Bowser in to a pool of burning lava, his skeleton will live on.

But that's a problem with modern Sonic games; they want to masquerade as a three-dimensional storyline with characters we're supposed to understand and care about. But they really aren't, and it only got worse as the series dragged on.

10. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I paid $20 for Sonic 2006, and I didn't regret it. XP
    Well, I played to Kingdom Valley, stopped for a couple of months, and a few days ago, decided to finish it up since I was bored as hell, then...well, you know. But yeah, no regrets. XD

11. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    You poor soul. :ohdear:

Tell me if it has any faster loading times when being a pure downloadable.

12. Installing the game reduces the load times by about 5 seconds. I'm guessing the downloadable version is similar.

13. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Well, I have it installed to my hard drive, and it does have shorter loading times, but I was just wondering if it'd be even quicker because of it not needing a disc to load it whatsoever.

14. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    When you install a game to the hard drive, it only uses the disc to validate. It doesn't read data off the disc.

15. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    don't forget that our princess is always in another castle.

16. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Still better than 06 dispite being a bad port. At least Genesis GBA had the basic jump attack. You can't say that about 06.

17. SA2

SA2

Sonic's dead; fly down to his corpse Member
    Wait, what? I'm a bit curious to know what you're talking about here.. Two Mephiles..es?

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    There is the one from the future (who kills Sonic) and the one from the present who does nothing but stalk Shadow and ends up getting killed by him.

Future Mephiles had blue streaks (or lite blue...some variation of it) and blue rings around his arms while present Mephiles has like...darker blue streaks and gold rings around his arms.

Future Mephiles

Present Mephiles

EDIT: I'll add more to this. You should notice that present Mephiles (while fighting Shadow) gets the Green and Yellow Chaos Emeralds while the Mephiles who kills Sonic only has the Purple one and fuses with iblis to become Solaris.

Green and yellow Chaos Emeralds

Purple Chaos Emerald

19. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Well, my mind is blown. Never once thought of that.

20. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    @ Mr. One-Dimensional World

You forgot to mention that Bowser can even survive being fired into the sun. *points to Galaxy*

Additionally, you can also purchase and download the full game and play it without a disc at all. My copy is the download version, which means I can't trade it in... grrr...

The load times are better, I guess, but still extremely troublesome as they stack up, to the point where after a while you don't even notice that they're shorter...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.