don't click here

Sonic Classic Collection

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGreen1

TheGreen1

I will wait and see on this. I think that having most genesis games at maybe $15.00 is rather reasonable. Be nice if they had wireless multiplayer for the sonic games that have sonic and tails.

2. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    How many fucking compilations is SEGA going to make? This is starting to get irritating now, do they really think they can keep pulling this kind of crap? Also, isn't the DS screen too small for Genesis emulation?

3. Vangar

Vangar

I don't think so. Try playing Sonic 2 / 3 on the emulator. Sonic's face gets smushed bad. Most of the graphics have missing parts to them. The emulation seems to have a steady frame rate at least, but if they are going to try and sell that, well, thats bullshit.

4. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    You can turn off JEnesisDS's scaling. :v: Granted, when you do that, it just makes the HUD get cut off more, but that's not a big deal for me - you can still make out rings and time just fine.

I doubt Sega will do anything interesting with the bottom screen. I'd expect it to look something like this:

[​IMG]

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    To be honest that would be quite alright if they did it that way. The idea of a portable Sonic 3&K intrigues me.

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
  7. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    There's no pleasing some people :argh:

8. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Hey look guys I have... Wait how many lives do I have?

9. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Yeah, I've actually gotta agree with Chimpo on that one. On one hand, the scaling makes the graphics look squashed and terrible, but on the other hand, you don't see a whole lot of the screen without the scaling.

This was why I was hoping to get a new PSP, before I decided to be nitpicky about the damn USB port when I had an alternative to using the USB port on the PSP, and I winded up getting an unhackable PSP and updating to beyond the last saving point of homebrew -_-

10. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Yes, you're certainly going to please me by taking away more than what I originally had.

11. TheGreen1

TheGreen1

You didn't have a Sega Nomad as a kid? :P

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    I'm pretty sure he wants it to last more than 2 hours.

13. Graxer

Graxer

This. I do however think they might move the HUD to the bottom screen if possible so it is not cut off. (They may just lower it though)

Also, on JenesisDS Sonic runs out of the side of the display when there are level boundaries. (boss fights, the beginning of levels, etc.) This is an annoying problem and I doubt Sega wouldnt fix that somehow.

I for one think that Sega might put some effort into this. I wouldn't be too shocked if they don't though. I'm quite looking forward to it. It better not be DSiWare.

This could possibly be a remake with the Nexus engine like Sonic CD iPhone would have been. (If the DS is powerful enough for the engine)

14. TheGreen1

TheGreen1

Lol, yeah. Plus, it would look ridiculous with the latch on technology coming out of the Sega Nomad.

15. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
    [​IMG]

16. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I tried using S3K on my Nomad... the S3 cart kept tipping and resetting to S&K.

17. Ocrilio

Ocrilio

King of unspellable screennames 15 years running. Member
    Sonic Adventure: Grounded
    On the subject of collections, I ran into this little gem at EB Games yesterday.

I got it for $10.

Also, so as to not make this post completely irrelevant, the prospect of a Sonic collection on DS seems... quite intriguing.

18. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I as a kid only got expensive goods once a year, and that was very lucky of me. Also the nomad was super rare if not even exist in the UK.

I am interested in how well they do with this, if they actually do ports and make it run smooth without a problem I'll support them because my little bro can then play a real sonic game on his DS, if not I'll just laugh at sega, again.

19. Y'know, the idea of Brawl on a Nomad is lol.

... I really DO wish there was a proper, portable Smash game, though.

(As for the ideas on how the compilation would work - they could actually move the HUD data to the bottom screen, maybe. Then it'd be a non-issue for display purposes...

Of course, another thing they could try is using the GBA Sonic Genesis. Ewwww.)

20. The joke is that sonic is "face palming". Not that it's smash bros.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.