don't click here

Cybernetic Outbreak Update/Release Thread.

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Varion Icaria, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    My favourite part of that editor is the name. "Blue Balls" XD Kudos.

Though every single shot of those special stages is evil o_o I'm not sure I could beat any of them - certainly not with perfects.

2. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I would be able to use it :P, with a small update to my trainer, or if I could find the data in the EXE... I really want that disassembly so I can actually find some stuff in S&KC (not that anybody actually cares).

3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    That was Varion's idea :p

4. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

He's waiting.... Tech Member
    S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
    Yeah you gotta admit I got a bit sadistic with the stages but they are possible. There is an abundance of rings in each level [4 in GIZ Act 1 and like 6 in RFZ1] Why? I want people to be able to keep trying to beat the stages and still get Super Sonic at a reasonable time, due to the event system you have to get Super Sonic a bit early in the game but not too early like around Zone 05 or so. But the story entails a lot of fun and how you lose the ability to gain Hyper at way later stages. There's no more Super Emeralds but there are still 16 stages and Stage 8 on both sides will be the hardest and the most important to get. Especially the last one.

5. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I was wondering how you were supposed to do that part.

6. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

I made the stages when I was half asleep lol. but I can get perfects on both of them. I'm debating about holding a contest for the 2 insanely hard but possible special stages required for Stage 15 and 16 [Gold Emeralds] but I think I'll probably not. In other news I am almost done with the new Event system.

7. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Some Freakishly Long Anime
    WHY IS THIS MAN NOT A TECH MEMBER YET?
    Seriously, I'm actually jizzing with excitement over this hack, and the S3K split disassembly.
    And that special stage looks pretty alright. You just have to leave the blue ball in the centre until the end, I presume.

8. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

Yes that sphere is meant for last. I'm guessing the Tech demo I release displaying the event system and an unburnt AIZ for GIZ will grant me Techie :P.

9. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    I want to play this.

10. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

Woo well let's see. I've added more to the Level select for debugging. I know you're all going to be wondering how it works.

[​IMG]

Sound effects and music are now separate on the LS to prepare for when I can actually split them in the sound driver. Event Select is what it says. It sends you to the level the event is happening in and triggers it. Blue Sphere is my testing of the generator.

11. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Lava Powerhouse better have a Spinball vibe, or you're going to get it!

12. Ridiculum

Ridiculum

This. Or, atleast its music. I mean, it'd be hard to not have similarities between the two, but I'd like to see the music atleast be in there.

13. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    Varion I love your work, and I can't wait to try this game someday.

14. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

Actually reconstructing the art based on Spinball with a nice feel to it and a lot more dangers. :D

15. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

Alright sorry for the doublepost but I have decided to hold a contest for the Golden Emerald stage. Everybody download Blue Balls and start making stages, Post them here. The winner will get a private beta of Cyb Out. Runner ups will get the chance to see some private stuff but not play it. Reason I am doing this is to atleast make the last Emerald [Emerald 8] the hardest to get. because it isn't for Hyper but for the story itself. In anycase goodluck to all of you and post PICTURES of your stages before the actual file :P.

Guidelines: Can't be impossible but insanely hard. Doesn't have to have rings or a perfect score. Patterns are accepted but must be insane. Joke stages are allowed but will not be declared a winner. Furthermore have fun!

The contest will end when the beta is actually ready. This gives everybody a chance at winning. I wish you all goodluck!

16. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    [​IMG]
    :D

17. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

Won't let me download it.

18. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    I can download it. :psyduck: I could try uploading it somewhere else, but I don't know anywhere other than Megaupload.

The layout isn't important, but the fact that you only have 3 frames to turn at the slowest speed. It's almost impossible.

19. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

I want to try it to see :P Try Fileden?

20. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Fileden wanted information that I'm not comfortable giving them, so I put it here.