don't click here

Project Needlemouse: old threads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Hating on one of the best zones there, bub. Labyrinth was a welcome change of pace and challenge, and is well-designed; a good player can get through the entire zone needing only ONE air bubble (hell, TAS does it without ANY).

2. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Sonic Advance 1, 3, and Rush had water levels, but I couldn't agree more with your statement. I would absolutely love to see another Zone along the lines of Hydrocity or Chemical Plant again. Incredibly iconic zones/themes that haven't been used to their fullest potential in ages, SEGA really has an entire treasure trove of ideas they could use in this game.

Also, I like everything about Sonic 1, Labyrinth Zone included! All the Zones in Sonic 1 had fantastic variety and a wonderful change of pace.

3. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    You may if you so choose. :) Though, I should probably add "No Homing Attack or Sonic Boost, use Insta-Shield and Super Peel-Out instead," just to be safe.

4. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    I don't know what to think... This is what we've been waiting for, as far as "new 2D Sonic game" goes, but having expectations hasn't led to much good in a long time, let alone having HIGH expectations. Plus, it looks like Sonic's shape differs, and I'm not sure I like that.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No it doesn't. It fits with the original logo perfectly

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Seriously. It's the original logo with a photoshop filter over it. (Well, basically.)

7. Asher

Asher

Your Residentual Tattoo Designer And Pirate Member

Looking at that, and assuming it is gonna be in the style of the old school 2D's, how many zones do you think we will have and how many playable characters do you think there will be? I imagine with the space and the technological advances, we'd see more than 6 zones.

Also, I see different zones and characters being possible DLC if its released on X-Box / PS3.

Also, a quick question to anyone who would know... Sonic the Comic I no longer available in England, but is the USA comic still available, only asking because I remember that the story portrayed in the games was portrayed along side its release in the English comic... if they did that in the past with the american one, it would be pretty cool if they did that again.

8. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project

Sonic the Comic no longer available in england?

Obviously you've never been here... Sonic The Comic Online

Enjoy!

I wonder what they'll make of all this. I really enjoyed the whole death egg saga and the brotherhood of metallix stories!

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Totally agreed. Hataya has produced some of the best music in any video game ever released; Sonic CD is simply among his resume of complete masterpieces. The kind of soundscape in that game utterly defined Sonic musically, and it would be a huge loss if such a level of quality weren't present in Needlemouse.

It's probably just going to be Kumatani, Nanba and Ohtani again, though. :( Not like that's an inherently bad thing, of course, but it's not the same as a brand new 90s pop-esque soundtrack.

10. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    *EDIT* Funny I mentioned the brotherhood of Metallix, it seems they're back in Tails latest strip (after about 14 years).

11. Hah, watch as they make two separate soundtracks again. :v:

They still do that, but not for major releases, and nothing more than just setting up the story of the game. The last time Archie made a full comic tie-in with a major Sonic game would be the original Sonic Adventure.

12. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Nonetheless, every Sonic game that comes out (after Adventure) has had a mini-side comic to give the readers a sneak-peak into the game (IE - Black Knight). When this comes out, I am almost certain Archie will make a mention of it, whether it be in the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic or in Sonic Universe...

...that's actually an idea. I wouldn't be surprised if Universe made an arc based on the game.

13. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I...

I.

Holy shit.

I just fucking wigged dick just now.

You're on my wantlist.

When I saw the little video of the project, I was flipping my balisong and literally squeezed it until it broke.

I cannot not get this.

14. Asher

Asher

I have actually been on that site, and they do a good job, but its not the same :(.

15. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    What I'm hoping for with this game is a relatively short adventure, about 3-5 hours, maybe more like 10 hours, when played just as Sonic if you blast through the game (More would be welcome, but that's just a realistic estimate), not counting any potential side things to do (Such as collect the Chaos Emeralds!). But, under certain circumstances, whatever they may be, you can unlock/play as Tails and Knuckles, perhaps others as well (I'm hoping for a purely classic cast of characters for this game, but in all honesty, characters like Shadow wouldn't be entirely unwelcome if they didn't butt into the story too much and just act as unlockables), and they either have their own little side of the game's "story" or just act as unlockables to play in levels with. Playing as them opens up new paths to find in each level that Sonic can't get to.

16. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Going back to this post, I do vaguely see the phrase "Feb. 10"

So maybe it's being released in February 2010?

17. Asher

Asher

Also may I add, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are all similar in their controls (when it comes to 2D games), but each have different abilities that make it worthwhile playing as them... if someone like Shadow is in there, don't just clone Sonics controls....

... Then again, I don't want to see any Badniks getting shot...

(well... unless a certian 'sniper' is doing it)

18. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Feb 10th? God I hope not, they need to take their time on this. I also hope that that is not how the art looks in game, the more I see it, the more I dislike it.

Anyway, wake me up when we have some actual news about this game. 35 pages and all we have is a teaser site and trailer. There should be a locked topic with only news posted on it, so I don't have to shift through all this mess.

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Holy crap! theres a user viewing orgy here!!

So, sonic has a new game, IN 2D? wow...thanks sega now im sucked in again.

20. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    I don't know how people are pulling letters/numbers out of their ass from that image. None but maybe the first render look anything like letters. The last one is a loop, therefore it looks like an O or 0, but that's a given. Loops are round. So are O's and 0's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.