don't click here

Vote for the return of an obscure character

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonic-The-Hedgehog/23050342417

Looks like Sega's finally pulling out all the oldies. Though you need a facebook account to vote.

I voted Metal Knuckles (currently in third) because he's damn awesome.

You can see that Fang is winning and Mighty/Tikal are tied for second.

2. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Mighty is listed.

Therefore all that bullshit about SEGA being unable to use Mighty has been proven false. (Even though ti was retarded in the first place.)

SEGA just hate Mighty.

3. Ha ha, is that a fan-made Bomb & Heavy image being used?

Voted for Nack, but I'll be pleased so long as either Nack, Mighty, or Ray wins.

4. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I voted for Fang, because he's just that fucking awesome. I doubt that they're using these polls for a new game, though that would be amazing, if it's executed perfectly. :v:

5. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    FFFFFFFFFFFFF BEST POLL EVER. Voting now. :D

Voted Fang. Fuck yea.

6. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Before I had even clicked this topic, I had my answer in my mind.

Fang all the way.

7. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    I pick Ray. He's a happy little guy. I would like to see him used in something less obscure than SegaSonic The Hedgehog.

8. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    yeah I'd probably vote Ray, but since it requires a Facebook account...

9. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Next there should be a poll to extabilish Nack as Nack's name since Fang is retarded.

10. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    OH MY GOD THEY HAVE TAILS DOLL LISTED. SHIT.

Man if these polls are for suggestions for the next game I'm quite happy so far.

11. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I voted Bean, because we need a green character. =P

12. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    <!--quoteo(post=283370:date=Feb 24 2009, 06:28 PM:name=LordOfSquad)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LordOfSquad @ Feb 24 2009, 06:28 PM) [​IMG]

13. I would vote Mighty, but I don't want a Facebook account.

<!--quoteo(post=283370:date=Feb 24 2009, 05:28 PM:name=LordOfSquad)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LordOfSquad @ Feb 24 2009, 05:28 PM) [​IMG]</a>
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Ah, Aquaslash beat me. :(

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Totally voting Mighty. Unexplored character potential get!

He probably won't win, though. :(

15. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

I look at it in terms of what sega would possibly do to the character. Mighty, in the old games, played like Sonic, so there's the possibility of him becoming a Sonic/Shadow/Blaze clone, of which there are too many. And his personality would probably be somewhat bruiting (with a name like Mighty after all). Shadow already fills that niche. Not to mention that the number of "Hero" characters in the series is really, really getting huge. I really don't see a real need for him to come back, personal opinions on the character aside.

By contrast, I think Fang would be a welcome addition. For starters, he's a villain. Good characters are always defined by their opposition, and Fang would bring recognizable opposition to the series. Second, he's a villain with no allegiance - he's not in Robotnik's crew. That leaves a lot to work with story wise. Third, the Marvelous Queen gives him near-robotnik levels of boss possibilities, and his propensity towards snatching the chaos emeralds makes him a natural rival to Knuckles as well as gives the heroes a logical reason to gather them beyond "we have to stop force X."

Finally, his arrival essentially negates Rogue, who is, by far, my most hated character in the series. Hence why I voted for Fang. Plus, he's a sniper. That's just badass.

16. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    I would vote for Nack the Weasel, since he is the "original" Treasure Hunter of the franchise and could be a potential rival to Rouge the Bat. However, I do not wish to have a Facebook account, thus I'm unable to do so.

17. Machenstein

Machenstein

Definitely Fang. I've been waiting forever for that character to come back. Maybe I should stop playing Triple Trouble so much.

18. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    There's just no room for Mighty anymore. Knuckles is the muscle of the Sonic franchise. We already have several Sonic clones.

Ray or Fang might be pretty cool. I could do without them digging up Tikal, though.

19. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    lol facebook

Though, if I could vote using something else...

Bean all the way. Bomb-tossing at decent speeds could be fun.

20. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

I never saw BIN (his real name, dammit!) as a Sonic character. Namely because he isn't - he's an AM2 character that made a guest appearance in Sonic the Fighters.

Dynamite Dux

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.