don't click here

(OLD - ARCHIVE PURPOSE) Items, Menus, Title Cards & Misc Art

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Hitaxas, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exodus

Exodus

U.K.
    S2HD
    <!--quoteo(post=265210:date=Jan 8 2009, 08:51 PM:name=Elratauru)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Elratauru @ Jan 8 2009, 08:51 PM) [​IMG]</a>

2. Sciz

Sciz

Heh, neat. Not exactly what I was thinking, but I like it nonetheless. I'll work on my idea whenever we get around to CNZ's art as a whole. :(

3. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    I don't know how.. But we'll find it a place. ^^
    (Also for El's Starpost concept hand-drawn image! :( )

About the Starpost, I'll need to reshape the ball again, as it turned out the main base was not perfectly circular and being pretty bad when rotating.
    (the below part is smaller the the higher one).
    Besides this, I think we're near "approved" art also for the neon animation, Sciz. (tomorrow I'll complete it, is a promise!)

Exodus, please do post the latest Bumper we've been working on, so we may complete it as well! ^__-

4. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    Sciz, I've got only one thing to say about that pulsing animation now.

Approved.

Approved with a vengeance. I'm not certain if the first or second animation will be used as both are fantastic, but Tweaker put it best when describing just how perfect that is.

5. Sciz

Sciz

Oh. Good. Glad everyone likes what is effectively an animated gradient so much. =P

Not that it's quite done, I still need to add a little light reflecting off the central ball that Vincent's redoing, and maybe some subtle ambient light akin to Elratauru's edit.

6. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

Yeah, right now I'm only approving the animation itself, as there's still some fine-tuning necessary on the Starpost itself. It's getting very close though.

It's little touches like these that people are going to be truly impressed with once they take the time to absorb the scope of what we're accomplishing here.

7. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Dunno about the ambient light, in the daylight you cant see external lights through a plastic ball, only internal and thats is what gives the color of the material... in the night, you can see internal AND external lights cuz there is no light in the ambient... We should wait to Vinc to finish his frame so we can make the changes though...

8. Fred PJ

Fred PJ

9. Fred PJ

Fred PJ

<!--quoteo(post=265242:date=Jan 8 2009, 09:52 PM:name=Ollie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ollie @ Jan 8 2009, 09:52 PM) [​IMG] Vs. [​IMG]

10. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
  11. scanline99

scanline99

Passing By Member
    UK
    ???
  12. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
  13. Elratauru

Elratauru

You know, people says that bloom, and glows and HDR are "OMFG n3xt G3n Gr4ph1c5!!!!!" xD... its cool though =P, You cannot imagine how many weeks we spend "playing" with objects and little sprites =P...

The Staff team always said that Im a glossy artist, all object that I touch, start glowing and reflecting light xD...

Oh...about what Black Squirrel said, remember: Though we're "going for art as closest to the original as possible", we're also want it to be "a 2008-09" game, not a flash one or what people said when we released the first demo... So, we're adding a lot of details and some little changes to the objects, imagination is what we use to think about the pixel limitations after all, and some people also like effects nice to the eyes. We're going for something that everybody will like. "Original Pixel fag" and "true re-makers" as an example, are going to like it.

14. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    As promised I've finally been trough fixing and aligning every single shape, adjusted some shade and remade from scratch the Sphere based on the current suggestions.
    [​IMG] .AI FILE

If no major objections will arise on this one, it'll be considered final so Sciz and EL can work to animate it.

About the effects.
    Yes, about our beloved new special effects (based on different environments), let's divide them into 3 main kinds:

-Daylight Levels: (No colored aura)
    -Nighttime levels: (Colored Aura)
    -Special Ones: (The electrical one made by Exodus)

For original fans, do not be afraid! We'll add "Original Mode" option. (They will just look all the same) ^^

15. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
  16. Elratauru

Elratauru

Just like a harder mode, without checkpoints n-n...I like that idea...

Also some people said something that It can fit into CPZ, or who knows...
    For CNZ I got some awesome ideas for the ball, though I will not show them until Vinc Frame gots aproved by all.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It all makes sense... except for the electrical one? It's cool and all, but there's a lot of stuff that looks cool and would look out of place here.

18. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    It all makes sense... except for the electrical one? It's cool and all, but there's a lot of stuff that looks cool and would look out of place here.
    [/quote]

I agree with the star design. And it would be cool to have a glowing starpost (if not for the original mode then the enhanced mode).

But what is the blue electrical stuff really supposed to be?
    Maybe such an effect can be shown when the vortex to the special stage is opended? Feels so "Back to the Future" design with the fluorescent blue, doesn't it?

19. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

The gradient animations, aura glows, and even different colorations are all great ideas, and most of them could work well. I'm not sold on the electrical cable running up the starpost though. We don't want to stray too far in the name of artistic license. There's been more than enough material created already to push the original concept to HD level and then some.

20. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    Thanks to everyone, especially to Blast Processing for this starpost's outcome! ^^

Now let's give this art the final touch!
    (Without spending much time on the Electric one, we can discuss the ideas on the General Project Thread Topic)

Sciz and El you can now put the glowing fx on it.
    (Sciz for the glowing first, El for the Aura next)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.