don't click here

Music Remastered

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Athelstone, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What player do you use that doesn't support OGG? I thought it was fairly standard these days. I mainly use Winamp and VLC and both support it.

2. Windows Media Player? :P I'm too lazy to download..oh wait I already have them, *associates files*

3. Magitek

Magitek

USA
    Well, if OGG is going to be the submission format for all music (as per contribution guidelines, then I hope everyone has a suitable player, heh)

BlueStreak: Nice job with the title screen. A few things to consider is that the bass sounds slightly too low volume-wise. Irixion's bass is better in this regard. Yours also overall sounds more "hollow" than the original, but I don't know why.

Irixion: yours is also pretty good, but a falls a little on the MIDI sounding side. I don't know how to fix that though, cause this song is pretty synthy to begin with, so it's hard to truly get a remastered feeling out of it.

But both of you are on the right track. Keep up the good work!

4. RandomAvatarFan

RandomAvatarFan

Sonic Slide and Punch! Member
    Yozora
    I have some Emerald Hill Zone music. I think the file may have accidentally been called "Green Hill" but that's besides the point. You may download it via megaupload at this link

Nevermind, something went wrong when I uploaded it.....or something goes wrong when it downloads. It hurts ears, and I needs to fix it.

5. Please people either upload it onto this server, or use fileden =P

6. T.Q.

T.Q.

The Sims 2, Tim Drake [Robin] Member
    That's a terrible remix. It strays away from the arrangement of Emerald Hill Zone. I could hear a bit of the zone's music near the end, but this remix is not worth continuing, in my opinion.

7. RandomAvatarFan

RandomAvatarFan

Yozora
    It's that bad? I know the drums should be fixed, but describe how else it strays from the zone music. If you tell me how you think it should be done I can put in more work into it.

I'll reupload it to FileDen soon

8. Dang.

I do think the guitar is a bit too much at times, but wow. Now talk about professional quality.

9. Magitek

Magitek

USA
    RandomAvatarFan: I really hate to sound so rude, but honestly, I do not hear Emerald Hill at all. Are you sure you uploaded the right file? It sounds like a midi when the instruments get all screwed up. I don't hear anything in what you posted that sounds like EHZ. Not even the melody. I'm curious, how did you make this? Was it based off someone's midi?

Are you saying that what you posted sounds like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vaBxXCH9b8

EDIT: I guess I should give some suggestions too: Make sure the tempo, the instruments, the melody, the rhythm, the harmony, everything, is as close to the original as possible. Stay on that track and I'm sure you can make a great remaster. :-)

10. RandomAvatarFan

RandomAvatarFan

Yozora

11. Magitek

Magitek

USA
    OHHHHH. Ok, good. Can't wait for the new one.

12. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    I heard this tune on Youtube, found it really powerful and great as lead instrument to experiment it out!
    LINK

Also check out boss theme at 1'27"!

13. Magitek

Magitek

USA
    I dunno, the guitar is too powerful and changes the feeling of the song. It works better in the boss theme, but for EHZ, it just doesn't fit. It might work if it were closer to how brawl's version of angel island turned out.

If anyone wants to have fun with EHZ, my two suggestions would be to try a Brawl Angel Island style of EHZ, or a Sonic Adventure 2 Green Hill style.

14. Is it just me or does it feel like that CPZ guitar mix drags a bit?

15. Ok good, because I had to ask my brother if he heard EHZ in it or if I was just missing it.

16. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    Just an quick update to announce Scubasteeve as our new Music Coordinator.

While being the highly talented artist we know, composing new tracks, He will also be in charge of quality control and helping out new music contributors.

Welcome on board Steeve! :)

17. GatoSoft

GatoSoft

Contributor... still novice :P Member
    Hi again! ;)

Well... I think that Emerald Hill's song is not an easy-to-remake song and also I don't want to go to psychiatrist for it but... what can I say? I just love it. :P
    After more than 10 days that I wasn't here in the forum, I tried to improve my skills in FL Studio 8 XXL and, more important yet, I tried to improve this great song once again.
    What I've done from the last update? I can't remember... my mental obstruction was way too much after trying to get it working. :lol:
    I retouched volume levels, pitch, instruments, effects... but I decided to keep the version number in 3, being this the 3.1 version (like my actual Windows version :lol:).
    And now, uploaded on zSHARE in 4 different formats. Choose the one of your preference. :)
    Please, leave comments, suggestions and critics. I'll be waiting for them. ;)

Sayonara! :rolleyes:

18. Alright, here's an updated version of the title screen. I've used a new kick drum and a new bass closer to the original. The mix has also greatly improved in my opinion and both the drums and bass should be distinctly audible now.

Sonic 2 HD Title Screen 1.2

Comments are welcomed. The original song and the previous incarnations can be found on the past page or two for comparison.

19. theSTHguy

theSTHguy

Fear the wrath of my ∫! Ha ha ha! Member
    London, England, UK
    The Shadow Odyssey (TSO)
    I like this version. The new drum and bass is great. The only niggle I find is that the main drum is a little bit overpowering, making the main melody a bit too quiet.
    But apart from that, lovely!

20. By "main drum" do you mean the snare drum or the bass drum? My guess is you mean snare.

The drums and bass are hard to mix because I'm using headphones to do it. *prepares to be struck down by mixing engineers* Headphones have a really difficult time accurately representing the lower frequencies that larger speakers can do just fine. Granted, these aren't $20 headphones, but they still don't live up to the quality of actual stereo monitors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.