don't click here

Sonic 3C 0408 discussion

Discussion in 'Prototype Discussion' started by drx, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Sorry, I may be being a bit thick here, but how the hell do you even trigger this glitch? From what I can see it's done through the level select in which case how do you pick a zone?

2. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    uhm... what glitch?

EDIT:
    OH The Doilus Stage glitch?

It's easy:
    Pick a zone, hit a sign post in the zone, exit to the level select and enter Bonus Stage 1. Hit a goal thingy so the level restarts and viola!

3. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Ah, right, that makes sense. Thanks!

4. MK

MK

Hacker Oldbie
    New England, USA
    Secret :o o:
    I'm wondering why "IL" is in one slot though. Did they plan to have more Hill zones? And even early on, Mushroom Hill, the only zone with this combination, was called Mushroom Valley. Makes you wonder...

5. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    I must still be doing something wrong. I go into Sky Sanctuary Zone via the level select in 0408, hit a starpost (it doesn;t flash stars as I don;t have enough rings, does it need them?), I do not go into a bonus stage but I hit start, then A, I go into the level select and Bonus 1 is NOT selectable. you press start, it does NOTHING.

EDIT: Never mind, got it working. It's Bonus Stage 2, and you need to have debug turned on. >=P

Yay Corus Stake!

6. the music for Flying Battery 1 does the same thing in the sound test of the Sonic 3 final. I am not sure if the between the main music and the echo increases which each loop until it gets weird, but it does start echoing after the first loop, which it doesn't do in the S&K final.

7. STE

STE

Strangely enough, when I press enter on Bonus Stage 1 or 2 it doent work, nor SSZ A2. This has probably been solved before, don't you need debug enabled? If so, please could somone state the Code? Dammit, I know I'm thick...

8. STE

STE

Sorry about Double Post, I cant edit... Anyway, solved it now, so you can do whatever you's people's do.

9. Rafalapso

Rafalapso

Just to illustrate what Nemesis said:
    This is the Title font loaded into VRAM when you enter the bonus stage for the first time (and it appears correctly)
    [​IMG]

This is the Title font for Hidrocity Zone
    [​IMG]

This is the Title font loaded in the bonus zone, when re-entered after the glitch without hitting the continue pole (Appear as DOILUS STAGE)
    [​IMG]

EDIT: I made a mistake when doing the glitch. I forgot to go through a continue pole and the glitched bonus stage title relates to another stage name.

Here is the Title font loaded in the bonus zone after the glitch with Hidrocity Zone (Appears as something like DOI(left half of R)(right half of Y)(right half of U)(right half of R)(left half of T)(right half of R)T(left half of Y)CHE )

[​IMG]

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It's like it's reading the graphics for a different word than "BONUS" (possibly some garbage word left in RAM instead?), while loading the "STAGE" graphics correctly.

11. SeanieB

SeanieB

Chief Server Monkey Administrator
    San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    Here's another pic of Doomsday Zone 2 via debug, Amid the mess of sprites for the robot, there's even a scrambled level layout. Knuckles/Tails are both unscrambled. If you enter this level normally, you'll fall to your death.

(Oh, and Hi. Just joined in so I could help with dissecting these protos.)
    [​IMG]

Theres an interesting layout, lots of things to jump in and put, like holes, and for some reason I keep getting stuck in the "floor" Obviously a very primitive level layout.

12. SeanieB

SeanieB

San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    I can't seem to find the edit post button, but here's some more of Doomsday with Knuckles

(The same behavior exists with Sonic)
    [​IMG]
    More of the scrambled mess of graphics which most of which Knuckles can stand on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Same behavior of Sonic And Tails in the scramble.

13. STE

STE

Please can you start saving your Pictures in PNG? JPG/JPEG has horrible colour... Oh yeah, your edit button is not there because Pending Memebers cannot Edit.

14. SeanieB

SeanieB

San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    Well, I take them in PNG, I didn't know Webshots was messing with them. I'll upload these to my server now them, rather than a uploader service.

Ladies and gentlemen: Sonic The Mime:

[​IMG]
    Sonic is stuck in a "box" on the distorted DoomsDay

15. SeanieB

SeanieB

San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    Argh. Someone needs to add the edit button. I just accidently broke that image's link.

The sequence where Knuckles enters and leaves the room with the warp ring inside, in the final contains a glowing multicolor ring that takes you to the Master Emrald shrine, instead it's a normal ring that takes you to a Blue Sphere Special stage. Respectively as mentioned earlier on the post there is nothing in the final ring's place
    [​IMG]
    Image I broke in earlier post
    [​IMG]
    Warp ring's beta location.

16. STE

STE

No, no-ones adding the edit button, you just be glad Tweaker is even letting Pending Memebers post.

17. SeanieB

SeanieB

San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    Tails' zone clear screen says "MILES"

[​IMG]

Carnival night zone has a navy blue balloon (hard too see, sorry)

[​IMG]

18. Kamek

Kamek

Magikoopa Member
    This is in the final.

19. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
  20. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member