don't click here

Sonic 1 GBA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Shakidna, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Yah.

2. Shade

Shade

<!--quoteo(post=150536:date=Nov 15 2006, 10:34 PM:name=TweeterMan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TweeterMan @ Nov 15 2006, 10:34 PM) [​IMG]

3. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

4. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    He's right, though, IMO. There's no sense in calling it Revolution unless you also called the Gamecube the "Dolphin", or the N64 the "Ultra 64". I mean, do what you want, but personally I think it's just lame.

As I said when it was first known, I think Wii is about the best choice Nintendo could have made.

5. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
  6. TeRaByTe88

TeRaByTe88

Pending Member
    Its been 3 days why the hell hasn't this been dumped yet? I need to see exactly how shoddy this is, because the GHZ video didn't look too awfully bad, plus its worth uploading to my flash cart anyways

7. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

8. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    Well, I have a flash advance, but I don't even have the cash to spare for cheap games right now. However, if like, 25 people (or however many it takes, I didn't look up the price yet) want to toss about a dollar each my way, I'll go get it and dump it :P
    I was getting annoyed that it's not up yet, myself.. I want to experience firsthand just how terrible it is

(Just so I don't give the wrong impression, I wouldn't do this to a person/group that had sense, respect for their work and the work of others, and higher than a first-grade education)

9. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie

....The sound was off, Sonic moved like a tin soldier, the screen was shrunk, the text was changed, objects vanished and appeared in the middle of the screen, and the game nearly froze at the end.

Are you sure that's a quality reproduction of the original game?

10. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Have you actually played Sonic Mobile? It seems to be more accurate than this so far.

Sonic mobile kept the fake GHZ wall object, and were able to use the right pallet for the BG of GHZ. Also used the old sound effects and music, while Sonic Genesis is using new, different sound effects and music.

11. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

12. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Wow...what a joke, that's all I have to say.

EDIT: Now that I've played through half the game...I can honestly say if I was Sonic Team, I would be imbarresed to release this. Kids do better than this...

13. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
  14. TapamN

TapamN

This is just sad... Some of the new sound effects sould like something from the original Game Boy or NES (The collaspsing sound effect, in particular. The hitting an enemy sound effect is straight out of Sonic 1 Game Gear.). Invincibility lasts for about twice as long as it should. I can get Sonic to jump about 32 pixels further than in the Genesis games. I've kept my speed when jumping after running into a rock (like the Sonic Advance 3 Beta). It only happens if you jump one or two frames after you hit it. Special Stage physics are wrong. You can't rev the spin dash.

And I haven't even beaten Green Hill yet.

Edit: And there's pop up of the background plane occationally when running forward.

Edit 2: I've managed to jump on top of Robotnik in Green Hill.

Edit 3: While Green Hill has the V3 moving clouds, Marble Zone does not.

15. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

New signature.

game is gay

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    (ROM THANKS TO "ROMSHARK" OF SONIC CULT, HE DUMPED THIS)

17. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    ............................................________
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:”........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

18. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Hoho Baby, What a masterpiece!

...if bastardisation is your thing

19. Crysta

Crysta

Oldbie
    well I can definitely see how that one review thought it was based off the gamegear version.. cause the genesis one sure as hell never played this badly

it feels like a poorly-crafted flash game.. and sadly the fan made sonic flash game still plays better than it even :x

20. SupperTails66

SupperTails66

Tech Member
    Wow, this absolutely sucks. I cannot believe that this is an official Sega release. Instead of feeling smooth and fast, like a Sonic game, this is more like a teenager's experiment in The Games Factory. The resolution is so low and the physics so off that unseen pits and enemies can become frustrating, and the "Original Mode" soundtrack seems to consists entirely of cheaply made MIDIs. Slowdown occurs frequently for seemingly no reason, and many effects have been removed (blocks disappear instead of breaking apart in GHZ, end of zone capsules have a simplified destruction animation) despite the fact that they could easily have been added in with a little effort. There're plently of other changes (none of them for the better), but I hav eno desire to describe them.

I can't believe that anyone would actually pay money for this pile of shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.