don't click here

Fan-made Level for sonic hacks Discussion

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by RyanHedge, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    pwned.

2. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Well I guess I'll show my Cyber City Zone sice it seems to be what everyones showing, but sadly this was made in paint, not the rom. DX But hey, I'll recreate it. I just hope it will be easy. Thse were only made just to "show" what it would be like. ;)
    [​IMG]

After Preview Post: Strange, looks blurrier than in the atual file. Might be photobucket.

3. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    Hey, Eli. You still haven't given us that betaa you promised us. ;)

4. Eli White

Eli White

I left it at my brothers house and he lost it :(. I will ogo there soon and find it so don't wory about it because I will get it soon ;) :) :) :)

On topic: Your art needs work. You are being lazy. Take your time and really work on it. Good levels aren't made so fast, they can take months and months to complete. (and that's including layout and object placement)

5. RyanHedge

RyanHedge

Pending Member
    Got to do some Math 100 homework after that I'll work on the grey circuitry afterwards
    also need to clean my apartment up.....

Question: How many palettes can the genesis handle? That's why my scheme is so limited. I shuold of researched this part first. (bricked for stupidity)

Thanks for that advice Eli White I thuoght they where really made in a weekend...
    No I'm not being sarcastic.

6. Hey, Here's an Update to my concept (soon to become A level, I like to draw out designs and ideas first). Compare it with my first one, You'll notice the upgrades:

7. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

Stupid like a FOX! Member
    That's awful. What's with the black outlines around everything?

8. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Please stop making posts that don't add to the topic.

Anyway, the new art isn't horrible IMO, just really bland.

9. Gamenerd: The concept looks good and you pulled it off alright, but it doesn't have that genesis look to it. =P

RyanHedge: The floor looks alright but everything else looks quite rushed. If you must be finished quickly, use pre-existing tiles and edit them to your liking.

10. RyanHedge

RyanHedge

Pending Member
    Soned1/2: I extracted a sonic2 beta rom naming it S2.bin but I can't figure out how to make a project and when I open up the main projects it made such as OOZ.sep the graphics come out garbled. Can I get some help please?

I'm mainly using soned2.
    If there's a better manual I would like to use it also 've can't find a good C++ book on the web does anybody know a good place to learn from?

11. RyanHedge

RyanHedge

Pending Member
    know I shouldn't double post but I ran out of edit's.

Got soned2 working and now here a luagh. I just started playing around with the program and not even into 5min. I made something funny. Here's a pic. of it.

[​IMG]

sonic 1 anybody? :lol:

12. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    I MAYD A FUNNY *shot*

13. Flygon

Flygon

I don't know what to say, but nice!

14. Verse

Verse

Posts once a year. Oldbie
    Pomona, CA , USA
    Freedom Planet Soundtrack
    Nobody's laughing. What was the point of showing us that you put checkered paterns all over everything?

I wish Ordos Alpha was here.

15. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    Checkered backgrounds aren't really all that much man. And I agree with the others, the art is WAY too sloppy, except for the computer chips. The art needs to be a lot more crisp, rather than curvy and jagged. Add some transistors and holes and crap in there, and straighten the lines of the wires if you want it too look like a computer chip. And make it look more Genesis-like and not so cartoony. And be careful not to make the level too complex looking(but certainly more details than it has now) or it will be a huge pain in the ass to draw em into SonED. The level top is alright(the surface you walk on), but everything else needs work big time.

16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Ordos is here, I guess he just didn't comment. Maybe it's best like that.

17. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    It's not just Checkered patterns, he's also done a Spring Yard Zoen esque grill pattern on parts of it.... I think. That checkered pattern does look a bit cheezy though.

18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    The grill was always there. Nothing special at all.

19. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    you suck dick too!

RyanHedge......I would probebly go into your life, click on start, and then click shut down. Because your life seems to mean nothing.

20. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Eek man, you're slipping. That was soft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.