don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I figure there were probably a good chunk of them in Siberia after Sonic and Knuckles battled their way down the mountain, which was probably also where they got the rings from (Sonic loses his ring pouch when Knuckles catches up to him).

2. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    I was wondering that as well, and came up with the idea that maybe Robotnik talked Knuckles into giving him some off screen in S2 and he used those in some of his bots, which we see being disassembled in Knuckles, where they could have been harvested by the big bad.

3. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    The show was alright. I enjoyed it, but I didn't love it. I think for me the most annoying thing was that they went the modern Marvel route of undercutting all of the serious scenes almost immediately with a joke or meta-joke about how the scene was getting too serious. It's been really tiresome in MCU movies and it made this show feel less like a wholesome family film (like the first two Sonic movies) and more like a dumb preteen comedy.

Also Wade's sister is the actual worst. Like impressive how terrible they made her.

Last edited: May 9, 2024
  4. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Thinking about how many vehicle thefts are in this franchise.

5. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    The only good thing about the Knuckles TV series and the later seasons of Sonic Prime is learning that I won't watch hours of mediocrity just because it's Sonic.

Given I've bought game systems before just to play Sonic games I wanted to but had no access to, I'm glad to learn I have some type of standard and restraint for the Blue Hedgehog.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. shilz

shilz

Thinking about it I'm not nearly as annoyed by Wanda as I am Agent Willoughby. At least Wanda has the excuse of trying to be really competitive with her brother and kinda just being exactly the same in a lot of ways. Willoughby is just annoying and uninteresting every time she has anything to say.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Hard disagree on that. Wanda was thoroughly miserable, but I actually really enjoyed Agent Willoughby. Ellie Taylor was a highlight of the series with her totally hammy performance, ultimately playing her character in a very likeable way not dissimilar to Team Rocket's Jessie. Willoughby is affably evil, and even though she had her own reasons for going rogue, she's more than content with being the bad guy and actually seems to enjoy being evil. The other GUN agent wasn't nearly as fun, but together they worked well as villains. I'm actually disappointed that they disappeared for a few episodes and then came back only to have a weak send off.

To each their own, I guess. Despite all mediocrity that came of the "The Wade Show, featuring Knuckles", Agent Willoughby really shone.

Last edited: May 11, 2024
  8. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Wanda was definitely problematic, but I honestly kind of like her. Plus it does seem like she does get better at the end after seeing Wade & Knuckles in action, so there's that.

I know I'm overthinking it, but I wonder if Wanda was insanely jealous of Wade and tried to use the whole FBI thing as a way to one-up him since he's a cop. I know the flashback shows she was always a handful, but maybe their dad disappearing might play a factor into all of this (Considering their mom had to raise them herself and all)? The fact she refused help from Wade and even stabbed him with a fork makes me think it's years of pent up jealously towards him. Not excusing her behavior, but just a thought.

Also, completely random thing. But if Shadow ends up staying alive at the end of Sonic 3, would anyone be surprised if Shadow ends up staying with Rachel and Jojo (and Randall too, I think)? Don't see him staying with Sonic, and there's always the chance he'll just venture on his own. Also can't help but get the feeling that if we do get a scene similar to Amy talking to Shadow on the ARK, I get the feeling Jojo might fill that role. I dunno.

EDIT: Shadow could join GUN too like in the games. There's that too.

Last edited: May 11, 2024
  9. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I sincerely hope that Rachel and Randall have become a badass GUN power couple, and I am all for your suggestion that Shadow could wind up bonding with them, like Sonic with Tom and Knuckles with Wade('s mom).

10. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Agree with the power couple. I know a lot like to dunk on the wedding scene, but I liked how Rachel was rightfully pissed off and wanted payback, even if it was GUN. Depending on how things play out and how much they adapt, I can see Shadow forming a brother-like bond with Jojo, similar to how he did with Maria. So he would want to protect her alongside Rachel and Randall. That'd also give him a reason to work with GUN too. In a way, it'd be a 2nd chance for him when it comes to family, kind of like with Sonic and Knuckles as you mentioned.

Last edited: May 12, 2024
  11. Vertette

Vertette

Huh. I suppose that's how you could have Shadow have his redemption without Amy in the picture. That'd be kinda clever.

12. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    Paramount's Youtube Channel has a playlist for Sonic 3, which was seen with 2 videos about an hour ago, but has since been updated back to only having 1.
    upload_2024-5-15_15-17-32.png
    We're so close to this trailer dropping.

13. upload_2024-5-15_17-59-13.png

14. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    :( Oh. My bad then. Still, feels like a trailer is riiiight around the corner.

15. Asides from the rumors of it coming this week, I think there's a chance of we getting it at Summer Game Fest too. 'Cuz very much same happened with Sonic 2.

(I also think we're getting the 2nd Sonic X Shadow Generations trailer there.)

16. Snowbound

Snowbound

I’m wondering if we might get the short teaser shown at cinema con (that doesn’t reveal shadow’s voice) this week. Then at Summer Games Fest the full trailer/shadow voice reveal + a 2nd trailer for Sonic X Shadow Gens

17. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I checked the Trail Mixes for the upcoming week and Sonic is not on it. That's just the generic Trail Mix though that contains trailers from numerous studios. Studios usually pair up their big trailers with other movies they're releasing. The trailer could be included with the If DCP drive. That's a film from Paramount opens this weekend.

Be wild if they're saving the Sonic 3 trailer for the domestic release of Garfield...

Sonic&GarfieldPack (1).jpg

18. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Why does Garfield always somehow find its way into Sonic discussions?

19. shilz

shilz

Sometimes it feels like the opposite. Untitled825 (1).jpg

Also it's been heavily speculated and rumored a trailer would come alongside Paramount's Ryan Reynolds movie IF which is releasing in a few days, but there's also apparently been some confusion to the truth to the point where people who would normally know something would rather not say anything definite.

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Drives for If should be in the hands of exhibitors by now. Someone would have definitely already confirmed if it included the trailer by now. I haven't come across the drive myself but I can remote to a couple of locations to see if it's been programmed into If showings. I gotta have din din first though.

Good News and Bad News

Good News
    -Din Din was good

Bad News
    -It looks like Paramount is promoting Transformers One with If. No Sonic trailer from what I've seen so far. I've only checked a handful of locations, but I think I've checked enough to call it. I don't see the trailer ingested in any servers.

Paramount doesn't have another big movie until June 28th with A Quiet Place, which I doubt they'll use it to promote Sonic, but stranger programming has happened. Their next kids film isn't until September 13th, which is way too far honestly.

The next big non-Paramount kids film isn't until June 14th. Could be out by then or before then. If it's just the teaser from Cinemacon, they can drop it online at anytime at this point.

Last edited: May 16, 2024 at 4:53 AM