don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Well, the most recent of those was already beaten in the box office by the Mario movie.

2. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    The Mufasa trailer came out a few days ago. It just looks like more of the last one, which for some reason I saw in theaters twice. I think my favorite part was the awkward pan/zoom shot after Mufasa dies, when Simba's all "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

I don't expect Sonic 3 to beat a Disney movie financially, but it wouldn't surprise me if Mufasa's only positive reviews are from people who benefit from giving Diz the ol' stroke-stroke and parents whose kids pipe down while the photorealistic lions are talking. If they wanted to make another one of these it should have been about Timon and Pumba. Unlike most of the other characters, their likability crossed over from the 2D film to the "live action" one, relatively unscathed. I'm sure it helps that Timon can emote better than a lion can.

3. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    So like, is Knuckles going to be the Iblis trigger in a Sonic 4 or equivalent upcoming project? Because I'd be down to see some Silver on the big screen.

4. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I think providing an alternate explanation for Silver would be more interesting. Like + - before Robotnik dies or whatever in Sonic 3 it's revealed he's made a self-evolving Metal Sonic, so in the future this world-hopping destroyer goes around calling himself Sonic and Silver ties to go back BEFORE he was fully powered up but doesn't know Metal Sonic hasn't even been unleashed yet and that Sonic isn't Metal Sonic.  

Also there's no way they don't do a Shadow series, especially if how they do him in Sonic 3 turns out to be pretty compelling. Unless Sony or whoever goes through with the Paramount buyout and decides Sonic isn't useful for the greater company.

5. ... this sounds kinda adorable.

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Trigger and Ender all within the same encounter according to the musical. Silver gotta find another reason to exist.
    Based on everything we know, Knuckles is the strongest being in the movie universe, beaten only by Super Sonic. And Shadow of course.
    He also killed a guy. Maybe 2 more. Who knows what happened with that warp implosion.
    Movie Knuckles kind of fucking rules.

7. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Chaotix Retro Engine remaster where Heavy is replaced with Wade Whipple

8. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    To no one's surprise, episode 4 was a cost cutting effort

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    hah I knew it

10. Kyro

Kyro

i honestly loved episode 4, I thought the rock opera was an absolute campy blast

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I finally finished the show and... eh, it's was alright. Like others have said it's definitely more about Wade than it is about Knuckles. I was hoping we would get some more of Knuckles' life growing up, but the closest we got was the rock opera episode... which barely had him in it and had it re-enacted as a low budget rock opera lol. Granted, it was funny, but also disappointing that we didn't get to see that moment in its full glory.

I also feel like the ending was rushed a bit. Like, stuff just kept happening for the sake of convenience, and the whole thing with Wade having a bounty just like... vanished. I also found it weird that Knuckles was just... not there for the bowling tourney at all? And then the villain dude finally shows up to confront him and is gone in like five minutes lol. I also wish there was a bit more world-building; like, how did GUN get their hands on warp rings? Did they swipe them from Sonic? Reverse-engineer them somehow?

With all that said, there were things that I liked:
    • The Sonic '06 reference was quite surprising. I actually don't mind elements from that game being adapted into something better.
      • But wait... oh hell, does that mean if Knuckles cries then Iblis comes out and kills everyone? Oh no.
    • If you told little kid-me in like 1996 that fucking Doc Brown from Back to the Future was going to voice a Sonic the Hedgehog character in a TV show that would be released on the Internet about 25 years down the line, I would have shit my pants (assuming I would have believed it anyway). Would never have thought of him as Pachacamac, but there ya go. I hope we see more of him down the line.
    • The bits with Knuckles bonding with Wade's mom was nice. I thought it was a nice touch how they found common ground through what their people endured (Knuckles losing his family, Wade's mom and the rest of the family being Jewish and the Jewish people having gone though... well, a lot).
    • The backstory with Wade and his dad abandoning him was interesting and actually does do a good job of making you root for the character and hate his dad.
    • Special effects are nice for a streaming show.
    • Some of the humor is kinda cringe but I did laugh a few times. Although I don't quite remember at what, now. >.> Except in the first episode when Sonic kept saying how nice Green Hills was and Knuckles was just like "No." I dunno why but that was just funny as hell to me.
    • Hell, Knuckles in general was just funny at times. Idris Elba really does do a good job at playing the character. Just wish we got more time with him (and the hat... THE HAT!).
    • The soundtrack is fun. Props for putting Alan Parsons Project's Sirius in there (although it kinda sounded like a cover version). That song seems to be getting some love lately; one of the Deadpool and Wolverine trailers used it, too.
    Overall, I think I'd give it a 6/10. It was fun, but I don't have a desire to watch it again. I can understand people liking it but also not liking it. Hopefully this isn't a sign of how the next movie will be.

Last edited: May 4, 2024
  12. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I think the idea is that the agents / buyer are the ones who placed the bounty. It's possible Episode 4 "solved" that with the duel, alongside the finale going the way it did.
    Also Knuckles is probably not present at the Very Public tournament because they're at least trying a little bit to hide all their existence. And saving the budget for the fight scene.

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Iblis is dead bro.

14. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Yeah I figured it was a budget thing. Everyone trying to hide his existence is odd though cause like... it seems increasingly hard to do so at this point. Like, there's no way their existence isn't known outside of the shadowy gov orgs at this point. Then again, who knows lol.

Oh yeah, Knux did kill him... >.> Or maybe Iblis's spirit got absorbed into Knuckles without him knowing?

15. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Obviously this is all loose as hell, but Knuckles ends up summoning Flames of Disaster as a power, just because he fucking can.
    Flames of Disaster isn't another name for Iblis in this universe. It's a power. One that Knuckles can wield without needing anything from Iblis.

16. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    You need the Chaos Emeralds to fully seal Iblis away. Knuckles just beat him with a power up. So there's absolutely a possibility of Iblis coming back, because he came back all the time in 06.

17. BigTigerM

BigTigerM

How did these guys get so many of Knuckles' spines again? Me and my roomie agreed that with him supposedly shedding so much, Robotnik should've been able to harvest enough to take care of Earth's entire rodent infestation as he was travelling with Knux in S2. Sorta undermines what little importance Sonic's singular spine had in the first film if any ol' govt. affiliated mercenary group has access to 'em.

Last edited: May 5, 2024
  18. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Cause Knuckles is rougher than the rest of them.

Robotnik shifted focus towards acquiring the Master Emerald in 2 . He tells Knuckles he just wants it to destroy Sonic, but tells Stone he's after the M.E.

19. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Why do they keep mentioning the 90s over and over?? WE. GET. IT.

That kitchen fight scene was actually pretty good in episode 2 though!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List