don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    4 > 6 > 1 > 2 > 5 > Trash > 3

As a follow up to the movies, I liked it. If you were going into this with the expectation that this was going to lean heavy on Sonic only stuff, you're not gonna like it. I don't know why you would go in with that expectation to begin with anyways.

Wade was surprisingly more enjoyable than I thought he would be. Biggest problem I have is when the show takes a detour to flesh out the rest of the Whipple family. They're not interesting and their development just brings everything to a halt with irrelevant crap. Episode 3 is a big ass filler episode that isn't respecting my time. Feels like the general family drama in 3 and 5 could have been mashed together into one episode and that could have given us another Wade/Knuckles episode.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
  2. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
  3. It looks like a case of wikipedia using a screenshot as presented in the intro/titlecard. They do that sometimes.

4. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    they have a similar infuriating rule about using only live set photos for musicians too, which means that most non-multi-million-dollar-pop-star musicians have photos on the site that look like they're cryptids taken in a basement with flash.

5. Vertette

Vertette

Because depending on the materials and way they are stored, those props might not last very long. Or they could be lost in storage, in someone's garage, a museum, whatever.

6. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    Ohhh, that's fair.
    Although I'd still expect these to last more than a year or 2... But hey, I'm just some guy on a forum, not a prop designer.

7. Vertette

Vertette

It heavily depends from what little I know. If they're not stored well it could just be cheaper to make newer ones than repair the old ones.

The new ones look nice though, I imagine you could recycle those for the third movie considering how close filming is.

8. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    upload_2024-4-30_11-59-49.png
    I think they are the ones used in the Sonic 3. Tails' stand in actually has his tails, which was not present on the Sonic 2 stand in. The stand ins also seem more capable of staying up on their own compared to Sonic 2, but it's hard to tell since the one pic of Sonic 3's stand ins we have is so low res.

9. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Somebody changed the photo on the Wiki page a few hours ago to the Knuckles logo.

Zingo156, if you're browsing Sonic Retro right now, I salute you for changing it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  10. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Really did like how this worked this line into episode 4

11. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    #2 for today. #1 in the US on April 26th. #1 for a majority of the territories once it expanded on Sunday the 28th. Canada, Italy and France HATE Knuckles.

12. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    "Knuckles got his own spin-off show using this one weird trick (Canada, Italy and France HATE THIS)"

13. Only for viewing

Only for viewing

aka Superstarxalien Member
  14. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

The
    They have multiple big series from Star Trek and the Yellowstone franchises.

15. Spamitex

Spamitex

#1 Knuckles Fan Member
    And it don't stop rolling cause it seems "Knuckles became the most-watched Paramount+ original series of all time with more than 4M hours streamed in its premiere weekend" https://deadline.com/2024/05/knuckles-viewership-streaming-record-paramount-plus-1235902338/

[​IMG]

Personally I thought HALO was a more popular series, so this is odd even to me! More importantly...

[​IMG]

Anyways expect 6 - 8 more Sonic Movies, and at least three more Sonic Spin-Off Shows alongside...

[​IMG]

First Movieverse media to get a fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, as someone who doesn't really use this site often I'll just assume that's good news for somehow having double the critic score of the Mario Movie.

More importantly, I'm hoping this somehow causes Knuckles Chaotix 2

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Bring on another road trip story with Tails taking Ozzy to a dog show in Kansas. LFG :V

17. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Need another song with Michael Bolton

18. Vertette

Vertette

Movie Sonic has come for Detective Pikachu, Harley Quinn and now Halo and won every time. I can't wait for him to slaughter the live action Disney remakes next.

19. Snowbound

Snowbound

Yes, Sega and Paramount should build on this success! Give Knuckles a new stand alone game. Make a season 2 of the knuckles show that introduces the chaotix. Make more spin off shows, heck this is a great opportunity to make SATAM Team Sea3on official.