don't click here

Sonic X Shadow Generations announced, releases Autumn 2024

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by charcoal, Jan 29, 2024.

1. InfinityHelios

InfinityHelios

I hope to Solaris they are gonna chill out with the difficulty in Shadow's campaign. In the 2 most frequent (non mobile) Sonic releases the difficulty went immediately to 200. With the exception of Ghost, the guardians in TFH took an eternity to beat, even with max stats, the towers have some of the most nonsensical platforming I've ever seen, and the Master King trial is the absolute worst boss rush I've ever experienced. Thankfully a patch released to address some of these (sadly, they didn't make Sonic stronger, it still takes him forever to kill 1 guardian whereas the others can do it in seconds).

Superstars however? I've heard of no such patch. I've never gotten Superstars (nor did I ever plan on it), but just from watching playthroughs alone I can already tell it's pure misery, especially
    Trip's story.
    And don't even get me started on the true final boss. I legitimately didn't think it was possible for Time Eater to be dethroned as the worst final boss in the series, but somehow they did it.

2. Strong disagree. The towers have the most unique and exciting platforming in the series' 3D games... as in it has actual platforming.

3. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I would say it depends on the Tower. Some of them are great. That one with all the circular rails and fans? Fuck that one.

4. Hmmm, maybe. I don't remember that one too well but I do remember the fans being annoying, mainly because there isn't really a visual indication of the updraft.

I remember the final one the best which I loved. I'll have to play through each again soon to refresh my memory.

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Once I figured out that you're supposed to attack those, uh, plug-looking things and then cyloop them the final tower made way more sense. IMO that's one of the big issues with that expansion -- the pacing is pretty weird and a lot of stuff you'd naturally figure out in the process of playing the game gets messed with in a way that's not very intuitive.

6. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Someone on ERA brought up the fact that we're likely going to see humans for the first time in 3D Sonic since, what, Unleashed?

They proposed this design from (I think?) Sonic Channel as what they might use:

[​IMG]

Will be interesting to see. There's no way that they neglect to put Maria in this if its supposed to be a recap of the most important parts of Shadow's character

7. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Member
    Canada
    Apparently everyone's already forgotten the most recent modern game.
    [​IMG]

8. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Well, she's not a human.

But her dad is!

9. Kilo

Kilo

Canada
    My point is that she has human features that match those of the humans we've been seeing in the Sonic Channel art. So it's not the first time we've seen the new human style in 3D, or in a game.

10. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I'd be fine with that. Cartoony enough to match the Sonic style without being as over the top and Pixar-esque as Unleashed.

11. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I hope this is the design they go with. Surely nothing could be worse than whatever the hell was going on in Shadow '05
    upload_2024-3-16_23-23-39.png

12. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I'm kind of sad we didn't get to see Maria in the Sonic '06 art style. That abomination would've made Ugly Sonic look like Hello Kitty

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    They just look like generic bland humans in 06.

14. PhazonHopper

PhazonHopper

Shadow isn't the only one with alien DNA...

15. Metalwario64

Metalwario64

SA2 has the weird potato head humans, and Shadow has these ugly alien looking mfers. SA1's more generic anime looking NPCs are my favorite and X kinda went with that.

16. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    I think this strikes the right balance between the pixar humans in Unleashed (my personal favorites), the anime humans in Adventure, and honestly Sonic character design as it's been since Adventure.

17. Kilo

Kilo

Canada
    The game just got it's ESRB rating, being E10+, as opposed to the original Generations only being E. Not that that's an indication of seeing Maria getting shot in 4K 120 FPS. Moreso an indication that it's only slightly edgier than the classic games.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. CharlaChale

CharlaChale

Little Dolly Member
    As a proud dork, yippee!

19. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    He's gonna say "Damn" in the game, isn't he?

20. Wouldn't be a Shadow game without that edge.