don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Wow. So before Frontiers, before Generations, before Unleashed...
    Stage loading with graphical hiccups has been there since the beginning.

At first I was amazed, but considering Sonic speed, I guess it does make sense.

2. Devon

Devon

A̸ ̴S̴ ̵C̵ ̷E̶ ̸N̸ ̴D̶ ̵E̶ ̸D̶ Tech Member
    your mom
    Here's another fun fact related to this. In Sonic 1, they forgot to put the speed limit on the camera when moving left! This is why you can cause some graphical glitches if you were to move too fast to the left. This was fixed in Sonic 2.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Yeah, I noticed that GHZ3 thing in my hack back in the day, Puto fixed it for me.

4. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    hmmm, well, you had that early scrapped SegaSonic Bros and then the actual trackball arcade game that came out. I also could've sworn that Sonic 1 got an arcade port at some point. More contemporaneously, Sonic the Fighters had an arcade version and of course the Dreamcast contained Sega's NAOMI hardware for near one-to-one arcade ports, so they even managed to be slightly correct about this...

5. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Yup

6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
  7. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Here's something you might not know: the so-called 'Cybersquares' that decorate the sky of every Cyberspace stage in Sonic Frontiers aren't actually a 2D animated skybox. They're physical animated models placed throughout the entire background, and using freecam mods you can actually "break out of the simulation" and see the point where they end!
    20240201214604_1.jpg

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. MasterDreamcaster

MasterDreamcaster

Running Up That Green Hill Member
    LIVE UNDER THE SKY '91
    OUT OF THE WORLD
    [​IMG]
    This text would have actually fitted well on the cover, if the original "Sonic The Hedgehog Band" idea had been included in the game.
    But the band did not appear in Sonic 1. So the text is:
    THE MOST FAMOUS HEDGEHOG
    IN THE WORLD
    [​IMG]
    I wonder how Sonic suddenly became the most famous hedgehog? It was his first game!
    [​IMG]
    Maybe he just ran through the world, showing up everywhere.

9. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Screw that noise - "Live Under the Sky '91" was a genuine event:

I've got a date of 21st May 1991 at the Nippon Budokan.

So what's Sonic doing there?

10. Linkabel

Linkabel

I was under the impression the designer took the festival's logo for the mockup and then changed it to the "Most Famous Hedgehog In The World" for the final version.

I tried to look to see if Sega was a sponsor or if Dreams Come True performed but can't find anything about them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Pengi

Pengi

Yeah, that's almost certainly the case.

Live Under The Sky was an annual jazz festival that ran from 1977-1992 (the "Out of the World" subtitle was just for the 1991 festival). Seemingly no connection to Sega, they just used the logo as inspiration for that part of the packaging.

The 1990 festival had the same logo, besides the year and the subtitle: https://www.facebook.com/7844829849...-the-sky-kyushu-japan-1990-/3576303222443143/

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Only for viewing

Only for viewing

aka Superstarxalien Member
    i hope i'm not wrong in assuming this is of marginal interest to sonic retro:
    https://x.com/doctor_cupcakes/status/1756486797909966907
    liam robertson, known for digging into the history of games that were cancelled or entered development hell, went off on twitter claiming that sega simply chose arzest over evening star on the topic of mania 2, even going so far as to contest hunter bridges' claim of the opposite

13. I don't know who that person is or why their claims would be relevant?

14. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
    Literally who...?

[​IMG]

15. Ah, yes. Liam. I heard of that guy and the stuff he did. Does he have any evidence that Arzest was deliberately chosen over Evening Star?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    If that's a thread or more I'm supposed to read I can't read it because they blocked me and the one alt I should have access to, I actually don't have access to.

But from what I can read, I'm glad we now block each other.

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    It's him saying Evening Star is lying about everything in regards being in good standing with Sega and that ACTUALLY Sega screwed then over for Arzest instead because it can't be fathomed that Evening Star would want to do their own thing while someone else is using the plot of Penny to speculate if that is what Sega did to the team.

Everyone else is calling him on his bullshit.

18. Looked into his profile and he's one of the writers for that "Did You Know Gaming" YouTube series that frequently gets facts wrong. This seems like a case of "dumb person being dumb on Twitter" which... isn't really noteworthy.

19. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Screenshot_20240211-025450.jpeg
    Liam is being a knobhead. Just ignore him and move on.

20. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland

I need a t-shirt with LIVE UNDER THE SHY '91.