don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Linkabel

Linkabel

• Like Like x 15
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
  3. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    This was such a fun read, haha. I loved how it was dripping with 90s personality with the majority of prominent text in the first 10 or so pages being written in-character, which really lets you get a feel for how these characters were supposed to be portrayed back then without even saying a word regarding strict personality guidelines.

I also find it interesting that, despite the so-called 'mohawk' design being so prevalent throughout the 90s, it simply isn't used at all in this guide, and the turnarounds depict his more traditional 8-spike design. You can definitely tell they closely followed these old turnarounds when modeling classic sonic for Generations back in 2011.

4. This was made around S3K's release, the time when the mohawk was being phased out in favor of the original spikes.

5. Linkabel

Linkabel

No, the 4th file is the preface page and the actual page 4 is this one:

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I wonder how old the people were who wrote that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    RE: TV game show question writers are my age:

[​IMG]

Richard Osman's House of Games, Series 7, Week 12, Wednesday (today)

8. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
  9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Lol

The guy's a total hack. I'm not even slightly surprised after everything wrt the Amico.

10. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    That is NOT what I would describe as a super sigma chad based and redpilled thing to do, Tommy.

11. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Sorry, what’s the context of that tweet?

12. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member

• List
  13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    The full video is an entertaining watch, but gently I have to point out that a 2 hour long video with no timestamp doesn't really convey context in a convenient way. :words:

Quote tweets buried in the linked tweet provides context, but as Twitter has fallen apart (and is difficult to access without an account) I'm going to link them on a site that (for now) will display everything. First the original thread, then the new thread linked a few posts earlier.
    Sonic Music Facts (@SonicMusicFacts): "Tommy Tallarico is credited for composing music for Sonic and the Black Knight. These songs are: - Molten Mine - Great Megalith - The Cauldron However, there is evidence suggesting Tommy did not write these songs himself, instead taking credit for other people's work. (Thread)" | nitter
    Sonic Music Facts (@SonicMusicFacts): "The Cauldron has been found! SatBK's "The Cauldron" is an arrangement of a song from the 1998 PC game "Adrenix". This song appeared in one of Todd Dennis' demo reels, confirming that he's responsible for the song. This means that Tommy Tallarico didn't compose this one either." | nitter
    the tl;dr is that the 3 Black Knight tracks Tommy Tallarico was credited for seem to have actually come from other composers, adding to an increasingly long list of claims and credits Tallarico holds that he perhaps shouldn't. Before now there was at least the possibility that "The Cauldron" was a Tallarico composition, but now it seems to point to being composed by Todd Dennis. Those links go into much more detail and provide links to the original music pieces, worth a look.

14. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

Oh my no no no!

The H-Bomber Guy video is only the tip of the ice berg! The lesser talked about Slopes Game Room video which doesn't even touch the stuff brought up in H-Bombs video is even more eye opening.

Essentially Tommy pretty much "Stretched" the truth regarding the Amico scandal, pretty much lied to everyone in every interview he ever gave regarding it in a bid to get more people to invest into it... Then... Well... How do you think this crowd funded project ended... With the backers getting their money back? Or the product? Oh dear.

• List
  15. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
    I'm more concerned with the fact that 9 hour video documentaries are a thing. I love Sonic... but do I "want to listen to a video throughout the day" love Sonic.
    Yea, probably.

16. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Best I can give you is a 2 hour and 20 minute doc on the competitive history of Sonic the Fighters.

I'ma be honest though. Video drags after the Mystic Noodle vs Matt Beach showdown.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. I recently found out that SEGA's pinball division (which is now part of Stern) liked to put Sonic cameos in their games.
    Pinside_archive_191_8753.jpg Screenshot 2024-01-09 233334.png Screenshot 2024-01-09 221203.png
    I am really amused by the fact that Sonic makes an appearance in a Starship Troopers game.

18. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
  19. netscapenow

netscapenow

I can't record any videos (my PS3 and 360 are in storage at the moment) but yeah, they're identical. Both under that Sega Vintage Collection banner with identical menus. The only difference is the trophy/achievement icons.

20. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
    Have two consoles that have them. And yup, they're the same. Although the way the Xbox interfaces with the savestates is different: instead of the PS3's own BIOS managing the savestates like the PS3 version does, the game itself manages it. I assume the 360 bios doesn't have custom menus

• List