don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. HammerKirby

HammerKirby

HammerKeebi Member
    I would agree the characters didn't feel different enough in Heroes. It does technically do it I guess but its kinda the opposite problem, where the other teams feel more like skins than actually have any unique movement options or anything. Forces kinda did that but it's weird? Classic Sonic feels too different in terms of physics and stuff whilst the avatar does follow Modern Sonic in terms of gameplay. Frontiers DLC definitely did though.

2. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    A new patch is out for the Steam version FYI. Looking at SteamDB and it seems Tails and Knuckles might've had their files edited.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Among other things the patch does the following:

• perfect parry window is increased across the board
    • Knuckles glide has been tweaked
    • Dying before a checkpoint in cyberspace now resets the clock to 0
    • That tower with the pink panels will now respawn the panels
    • Master trial adjustments
    • Other bug fixes
    Not a bad patch, good way to smooth out the experience in the end.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    KNUCKLES IS FIXED YEAAAAAA

I feel like doing the full game + Final Horizon replay I've been planning for a while now.

5. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Knuckles is now FUN to control! His startup lag is still there, but it's like 0.2 seconds and helps you get your bearings. And his turning is significantly more precise and less slippery. Damn!

6. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    So here's a weird thing, but you know how for KNIGHT and the new THE END boss fights that you have to press the shoulder buttons in a combo to hit the other target (i.e., KNIGHT's head and the cord on SUPREME's neck)?

Well, the patch added in a QTE for this mechanic, but only for KNIGHT. That's a great QoL change, but why is it ONLY for the boss you DON'T need to use it on?

https://twitter.com/3Caramelg122/status/1732581289096515764

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    https://x.com/moq_46/status/1732598643243520230
    I'm a tiny bit disappointed this patch took so long, but honestly I can't complain. These are all universally positive changes across the board, I think I might replay TFH now that some of the biggest rough edges (Knuckles' glide and the king koco's master trial) have been sanded off.

• List
  8. synchronizer

synchronizer

It's nice that they care so much. Knuckles looks a lot more fun! Too bad the pop-in stayed until the end.

9. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Said it before and I’ll say it again; this man is an absolute chad lmao

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    God bless the one customer.

11. aria

aria

growl from the digital haze Member
    i saw soned2 supports chaotix five minutes ago
    This is a great update, loving how great this game's post-launch support has been.

12. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Happy to see this, but still confused at the things it doesn't change. I would have thought the borked acceleration meter would be an obvious fix, or the inconsistencies with the jump ball visuals. But no, those are still here. Respawning stuff on the towers is appreciated, but it doesn't get at the core issue that simply adding checkpoints with pulleys like Rhea already did would have accomplished the same thing, probably with less work? And somehow, they can grant tighter turning and air control to KNUCKLES'S GLIDE SPECIFICALLY, but Sonic in Cyberspace, Tails's cyclone or just jump rotation in general is somehow too ingrained to do anything for.

I'm not trying to be overly negative, I'm sure this is going to be a lot better and I probably won't have to tell people to use cheats just to finish the fucking thing, but the priorities here do baffle me sometimes.

Good day for Knuckles, at least.

13. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I guess I should have pushed harder for fixing the 2d rolling you can do by pressing down. That's honestly the only thing still in this game that actively bothers me (because I can ignore the spin dash or any similar gameplay breaking shenanigans) because it ends up making runs of the 2d stages and parts where they have great opportunities to use the rolling a complete gamble where you have to predict when the camera slightly shifts so you can avoid wasting it.

14. aria

aria

Out of curiosity, have they fixed the weird draw distance for objects suddenly appearing practically in front of you on more powerful machines? When I originally played it on Switch, I just assumed that was a hardware limitation, and was baffled to discover that nope, it's just that way on more powerful systems and PC without mods.

15. Swifthom

Swifthom

A Friend Remembers... Member
    They've gone the opposite way.
    They've written pop in into the lore - some game dialogue references these 'objects only exist when Sonic is near' - they are the Cyberspace penetrating the real world due to his corruption

16. aria

aria

im not sure if i like this or hate it. think i hate it.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

This isn't accurate. The game doesn't contain any lore to explain the pop-in. It provides lore to explain the existence of random floating objects all across the Starfall Islands.

EDIT: Autocorrect is the bane of my very existence.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. aria

aria

Oh okay, thank you.

19. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    Well that's too bad because I would've loved it. Most shameless excuse since Dr. Robotnik's traps in Sonic 3.

20. Ura

Ura

Brazil
    "Crimson Angel - Honey the Cat" on AO3 (on Hiatus)
    The ancients couldn't see anything past 5 meters and the cyber corruption is making this also apply to Sonic, this is my headcanon now

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List