don't click here

Sonic Dream Team (New 3D Game from Hardlight, coming to Apple Arcade December 5)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    Yeah, I'm disappointed in that too, the blurbs for the game made it sound like only Sonic and Amy could boost. This would have been a great opportunity to give the others something special to make up for it. But oh well.

2. Felik

Felik

Thank you. I thought the same exact thing. Sound design seems to be weird in general. What are these homing attack and badnink destruction sounds? They're wrong, WRONG!
    Other than this, and flying and climbing being designated to flying/climbing areas (ok you can technically fly anywhere but it lasts for line 10 milliseconds unless you hit the "use fly here" circles) the game doesn't look bad at all.
    I hope I'll get to play it eventually when I get my hands on an apple device :V

3. Hamzawesome

Hamzawesome

The most consistent thing about Sonic is how they keep making bad decisions regarding voice actors/performance.

Hopefully there's a Japanese voice option, cause Cream and Rouge sound awful.

4. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    I noticed that Sonic and Amy (maybe the others?) have a new Air Boost. It's not the typical air boost, and it reminds me of the Drop Dash but not quite? It basically looks like as if they hit a spring in midair. I think that's very interesting.

5. Felik

Felik

I am worried that everywhere in the game (not just in the story) characters are not divided by type (speed/fly/power) but are referred as pairs (Sonic&Amy, Tails&Cream and Knuckles&Rouge). It seems that the game was build to have exactly these 6 characters with no room for unlockables

6. kazz

kazz

16-bait Member
    There does seem to be an emphasis on jumping momentum at least which is great. It seems they moreso want you to use the boost in short bursts to get better air off of slopes etc which is already just so much more fun than whatever ST's been doing with it.

7. Souplike

Souplike

I just do stuff, I guess... Member
    Aquatic Ruin Zone
    Chaotix Re-Bound
    So I spent 10 minutes watching gameplay of this video of this dude playing Sonic Dream Team. I didn't watch the entire thing cause I knew there would be many, many spoilers and since I'm in America, I'm going to wait till tomorrow to download it. Here's the video:

Edit: You guys have already been discussing this video. I didn't realize that you guys were taking about already, but that's fine!

Just for a little information, these are some things that I noticed:
    • Cream seems to be taken by Dr. Eggman as an experiment
    • The game sometimes uses fully animated cutscenes, as well as storybook styled ones (literally in-game screenshots; visible confusion) akin to Secret Rings and the Black Knight (thank god, at least they're not using PNG's and text boxes, oh I spoke too soon)
    • Ariem seems to be communicating with Sonic telepathically, similar to The End, and she seems like a pretty good person
    • Sonic's/Amy's gameplay is Boost-styled and seems really fun; all the moves are there, and they seem to be fun (but I have to play it to make sure)
    • Some of the voice acting is weird, but I can get over that
    • The graphics are nice, but on weaker devices, it lags a bit
    • Since the game supports PlayStation and Xbox controllers, the prompts will show buttons based on the controller you're using
    Well that's a lot, see if you guys can add on to the list. You can also find info from other videos too.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
  8. Felik

Felik

New bosses

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
  9. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    they should make NiGHTS a playable character in this, since it's all about dreams

10. I love when NiGHTS started dreaming into the whole game, my favorite part of it.

11. Linkabel

Linkabel

I'm hoping you can play as NiGHTS or have a cameo appearance on the 24/25th of December like what they did in Shuffle.

12. MH MD

MH MD

Depending on where you live, the game is OUT now btw, can be downloaded

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. English only buddy.

I'm kind of at a point where I just expect Sonic to have bad voice acting unfortunately.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    I will ... in my dreams.

Yeah.

15. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Game seems mid but... for lack of a better word, solidly so. It's competently designed and looks fairly even in quality, just not groundbreaking and not as high budget as some of the early promos made it seem.

The worst elements seem to be sound related, though I don't have the same problems with the cast that most others here seem to. Rouge's voice tone is a bit inconsistent, but the reads on her early lines were perfectly fine. Cream's voice sounds more like an actual child and not as much of an adult actress trying to sound like a child, so I think that's throwing people off (her old voice wasn't bad, just wasn't necessarily natural sounding, which makes this choice a big change).

I don't know when I'll ever get to play this. It is what it is.

16. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    It looks alright! I think the visuals and world design are the strongest parts. The level layouts are generally basic but intentions of it are good. It's a lot closer to what I'd prefer to see then Frontier's Cyber Space stages. The level theme is also a nice breath of fresh air (still getting out of that Green Hill binge, so not seeing it is still a nice surprise). Though I can't help but just constantly think of Fall Guys, But that doesn't mean it looks bad. The sense of speed seems lacking, but that's been the case with all of the Post Generations 3D Games to me. Like it is fast the feel doesn't translate visually.

It's a portable Sonic game, if this was anytime before like 2015 this would've been a 3Ds game or something.. basically what I expected, and its a nice surprise after getting two other Sonic games in the past year alone.

17. lupinsmask

lupinsmask

Game is very meh to me. Rouge sounds fine with few hiccups, Cream is bad most of the time. Maybe it's because sega neglected most of the cast for 10+ years but Michelle Ruff's Cream was better in Free Riders and Generations.

18. Turbohog

Turbohog

Cream's voice is excruciating lmao

19. penBorefield

penBorefield

Living in my best life Member
    Basement
    Patching things up
    This needs a better recording studio rn.

20. Battons

Battons

Shining Force Fan Member
    Yea the audio balancing is all over the place for some of these voice lines. Some sound like they were in a studio and others sound like they recorded in a closet on discord. Then sometimes the game gets LOUD for no reason it kinda spooked me the first time lol.