don't click here

Sonic Superstars: A New 2D Sonic Game (Fall 2023)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by DefinitiveDubs, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Pengi

Pengi

Scale Tails Doll up? How do you mean?

2. I’d temper expectations when it comes to a battle mode that plays radically different from the main meat and potatoes of the game.

It can easily just end up being race, ring attack, and score attack. Maybe something else to spice it up like destroy more special badniks than your opponent.

I’m not gonna hold out hope for anything more game changing than say the special missions in Team Sonic Racing.

3. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

To all those people complaining about Amy, her gameplay is actually fun.

4. I feel if they bring back Tails Doll, I think it'd be cool if it got a 'metal body mode'. Basically before the race or battle starts, it'd begin to surround itself with metal pieces until it'd turn into a Metal Tails, allowing us to have both Tails Doll and Metal Tails. The transformation could be or have a reference to Metal Overlord. Though it's more likely that one of the characters is Trip since it's the new character and all.

5. MastaSys

MastaSys

Sonic's gameplay is fun, no surprises there.

6. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Went to preorder Superstars on AmazonUK and has a release date of Dec 31st on the product page which is obviously a placeholder. However, when I went to purchase screen it gave a "premium delivery" date of 18 Oct which does not sound like a place holder to me. Could be the actual release date.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 10
    • List
  7. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    If I recall correctly, Colours Ultimate was an October game?

8. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    September

9. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    [​IMG]

So file this under green eyes and shoe buckles, but is anyone else annoyed by the inconsistent color of Sonic the past few years? Obviously, everyone has noticed that Classic Sonic has shifted from cobalt/ultramarine to more of a cerulean blue, but I've also been noticing for a while now that when Classic is depicted in "hand drawn" style (as seen second from the left) he is often a phthalo blue. What ever happened to established color schemes? It sort of weirds me out because phthalo is a more muddy blue. To those of us who paint or make art, the difference here is significant, so I find it odd that this inconsistency is permitted. Considering that Sonic's blue is so integral to the IP it's a bit baffling. I can't imagine Mario's red overalls being inconsistent like this.

10. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    The Superstars website has been updated with character bios and new renders. It confirms Trip is female, and Fang is a jerboa, among other things. And the renders are pretty sweet looking:

upload_2023-6-23_10-50-40.png

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  11. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    I love how every character holds an emerald, except for Trip because she lacks the motor coordination skills necessary to hold an object :V

12. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    upload_2023-6-23_8-55-14.png
    "Fang the Hunter has been known by many different names", huh.

13. Snowbound

Snowbound

This is what the character bio section of the superstar website looks like:
    F3F8D5CE-1716-4AF4-8BCB-0E739456149B.jpeg
    I’m telling y’all rn: this is the rooster for the 8 player online multiplayer with one final character yet to be revealed (or you could play as two versions of trip: one in the armor and one out of it)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    upload_2023-6-23_9-8-7.png
    free her

15. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Oh, I LOVE this. Potentially the best render of her I've ever seen, I genuinely love the way they've portrayed Classic Amy recently. The way they've really honed in on a cohesive style for the characters and renders brings a sense of identity to the classic branch that I think is desperately needed. The character portraits remind me of the incredibly charming character select portraits in Sonic the Fighters.

Jerboa is a fine compromise for whatever fucked-up Animorph nuclear accident he was supposed to be before. "Hunter" is a cute title as well, probably the best they could've done to stay true to the character, they can't call him the Weasel and they can't call him the Sniper so this is a nice compromise.

16. MastaSys

MastaSys

Wasn't it always the case? Pretty sure his character designer claimed this in the past.

17. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    He was a wolf-jerboa hybrid back then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    If you think about it, an 8-player mode doesn't mean there are exactly 8 characters to choose from. There could be more (Smash Bros is a 4-player fighting game, but you can choose from like 150 characters) or less (especially if there's a battle mode and you can buy skins for each f the 4 already playable characters). Since we know nothing about how it will play, it's impossible to know anything about the roster for sure.

19. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    They did say that in the multiplayer you aren't allowed to choose a character someone else is already using, so it's a matter of to what extent that applies to versus that we'll see about.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Yeah, his design leans more into the Jerboa aspect, though there are certain wolf-like traits to his design, even seen today.

Well, that's nice. I wonder what she'll look like without the armor on, I've seen a few people say she may be a raccoon, though I wonder if she's a japanese raccoon dog (aka a tanuki).