don't click here

Hack [WIP] S3K multilanguage

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Nik Pi, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Sonic 2: Archives
    You just need to find this zones dplcs, and change it too.
    Wait for results! :)

2. well i can prepare a czech translation also to work on my czech skills (context: i'm learning czech)
    though, i can see why the game was never officially translated. the game isn't dialogue-heavy; it's not an RPG with dialog, so it doesn't really need to be translated. you can play the game without having to understand the dialog, something which cannot be said for RPGs and general dialog-heavy/storyline driven games.

3. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Well, it will be really nice! :D
    I'll be waiting for it, dude ;)

Also, news:
    I have studied the font format for credits, and I can rearrange letters for any language. Later, I may make a guide for this.
    sonic3k_006.png
    And remember: we do what no one asked for, but what people deserve XD

Anyway, I have received many thanks from people for my translation of SK into Russian. I am asked to do the same for other parts, but while I am doing S3K.

While I discover how to edit some things- I feel myself like Fred from Sonic 3 unlocked, lol)

4. here's the game you've all (not) been waiting for: Sonik 3 a Kotník lol

screenshot mockup:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Oh, ok.. I thought you were about implementing this language.
    Anyway, thanks. Send me stuff, that you'll done ;)

6. ezra

ezra

or "Fuzzy" Member
    Please do catch me up to speed, how possible would it be for me to contribute? I'm not exactly in the mood to read a whole thread but am up to work on a small side-project. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Found out about the list, here's my progress on an Italian translation. Maybe @nineko and @Giova could help out... We'll see!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  7. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Ok, thanks for attention, and this word list. If you really want and can help- you can draw some graphics, like characters for title cards, title screen's text, and e.t.c. If you know romhacking at least not bad- you can try to translate some text, using my guide, if you want, ofcourse.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  8. ezra

ezra

or "Fuzzy" Member
    Whoops, it looks like someone already made an Italian translation... I haven't been there in a while due to lockdown for the past 2 years, plus my passport isn't renewed. So, it's probably better for those who live there to do the translation anyways.

9. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    So, here is a short post about what is happening with the project now:

You may have seen my photos of another hack in the project screenshots thread. And, maybe those three people who are interested in multilang might have thought that I had abandoned the hack, but no. I just decided to take a break from it for a while, due to the fact that I was tired of editing the entire text alone, and I gone to do my another old project, Sonic 2: archives, you may have seen the demo version on the razor and zenon channel called beta restorations. It's going to be about restoring some cut-out content in the final sonic 2, and I already have a litte team and work is in full swing, but I hope you haven't decided to bury the s3k translations)
    The menu is still under development, and I asked my friend the composer to make a small track for him, and I also met a dude who optimizes the title cards and the results screen, thanks to which less VRAM is spent, and they are easy to edit. If earlier I had to sit for hours for a couple of letters, now I can edit cards in sonmapped, and make translations two times faster.

After all, I've done so much work, and I don't want it to go to waste :)

10. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Good news everyone!
    Language selection function was made by me and (mostly) by RealMalachi!
    Now I, lunarstudio and Rrose80149 works on Russian, Polish and French langauge translations!
    Wish us good luck :)

11. también estudio español
    yoo lets go page 6

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  12. XPointZPoint

XPointZPoint

That's no good! Member
    google translate says "illegal man-taking" lmao

13. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    sonic3k_003.png
    sonic3k_004.png
    Now Super/Hyper Sonic can have his own sprites ^_^

14. Rrose80149

Rrose80149

Are those the sprites from Sonic 3 Complete hack or Origins?

15. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Origins

16. im concerned with a big school project till 4 may so i cant update this project until then, apologies