don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Linkabel

Linkabel

Oh did not know that. This is my scan though and it's at 1200dpi.

2. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    A user of the Cutting Room Floor Discord server discovered an early version of All Hail Shadow in the recently found proto of Shadow the Hedgehog. I uploaded it to Youtube here:

It's quite interesting, the chorus has identical lyrics but all the verses have either slightly or completely different lyrics. The original MP3 can be downloaded here.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  3. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I’m a fan of Magna-Fi so hearing this is a treat, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

4. RyogaMasaki

RyogaMasaki

0xffffffff Oldbie
    Ah, okay, apologies then! I thought it was obscure enough that no one else had made a scan. Sorry!

5. Linkabel

Linkabel

No worries!

Here's something I saw on Instagram, concept art for an unused toy for the Sonic 3 McDonald's promotion.

[​IMG]

Link to actual post.

Would've been cool if they made it.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Neat idea, but also horrifying. That's one Happy Meal you that I definitely would not have taken home with me as a kid.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  7. That One Guy Josh

That One Guy Josh

Speaks English AND Balanese. Member
    That Happy Meal looks like the stuff of nightmares, to be honest.

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Oh man, I love that thing.

Attached Files:

9. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I don’t really see what’s so scary about it? It’s just Sonic but in a more compact form. Sure it looks odd, but horrifying?

I guess everyone has their own fears and triggers :eng99:

As a very small child who collected these original Happy Meal toys (I’m missing Tails and Sonic’s launcher now though), I would have loved a rolling Sonic.

10. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    No :(

Thanks to Bobblen for his help with this research.

Attached Files:

• .png
      .png
      File size:
      1.7 KB
      Views:
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

After seeing all the ridiculously off-model and fugly old SoA Sonic art, I'm kind of desensitized.

I think people find that concept art so freaky because it makes Sonic look like a freaking cyclops though. Although I'm also desensitized to that. The west seems to have a weird thing for making him look like that occasionally, especially when he's surprised. Even more recent media like Boom and Prime is guilty of this.

12. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Hey guys look what I've got!

[​IMG]

Sonic Adventure on the Sega Saturn!

[​IMG]

It's a bit blurry and runs at a fraction of the screen resolution...

[​IMG]
    ...but I can control Yuji Naka and everything.

Mogitate Sega Saturn Vol. 5

The fifth in a set of preview/news discs given to members of the Sega Partners club/service/thing. It has quite a bit of coverage from the unveiling of the game at the Tokyo International Forum. None of these discs have been well documented, though they're all collections of videos as far as I can see rather than anything playable. Still, Dreamcast on a Saturn.

13. EtherianAmber

EtherianAmber

I apologize if this is not the right thread for this, but it has been eating at me since I found it. I saw someone on Twitter post this image (see attachment), without source or context on as to how they found it.

Ran it through TinEye, isolated, and turned up nothing. If anyone knows where this originates from and/or if the sketch is genuine, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files:

14. Bobblen

Bobblen

Another episode of 'things I only noticed in 8 bit Sonic games recently'.

Sonic Chaos has a quirk I never noticed before today. EEZ3 final boss second stage, his usual behaviour is to fly across the screen in a diagonal line to try and hit you. If you duck on the floor he'll fly along the bottom horizontally. Fine.

But he also has a third attack, if you jump around in the middle of the stage, he'll attack from above in a wide looping arc! I guess I always stood on the side of the screen before.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. cartridgeculture

cartridgeculture

Wiki Contributor Member
    This is a little old, but: Episode 074A (a special titled "Southernmost Game Travelogue") of the Japanese television series GameCenter CX visits a New UFO Catcher playing this music, if anyone's looking for an additional video source.

EDIT: A third, albeit poor, video source, also from GCCX: Episode 078 "Fukuoka Trip".

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
  16. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    In ShTH's opening you can see Shadow T-posing in the reflection of his inhibitor rings. Literally unwatchable:eng99:
    FmT7FOYaUAEzv7g.jpg

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  17. That One Guy Josh

That One Guy Josh

Speaks English AND Balanese. Member
    T-Posing Shadow will haunt me forever.

18. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    haha and part of the shadow on his shoe is his tposed hand too, how did we never notice before :ohdear:

19. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Also in that game, of all things, is a reference to Burning Rangers:
    https://twitter.com/memory_fallen/status/1586317915879485440
    I was dubious at first, but there's a comparison clip as well:
    https://twitter.com/memory_fallen/status/1586389251427799040

So yeah, that's a pretty deep cut for BR!

--

I've also been binging Regular Show. Three things stick out for Sega/Sonic relevance:
    - The console Rigby and Mordecai are always playing is clearly based on a Master System.
    - Roger Craig Smith is a freaking vocal chameleon that shows up in nearly every episode as one-off characters. Yes, a number of them sound like Sonic. Of special note…
    - S4 E10 "TGI Tuesday" features RCS as the main baddie "Jahni Emp'r'r" (Johny Emperor), while his two lackies, Daryl and Cool Shadé are voiced by none other than Jaleel White!
    One sounds kinda like Sonic, while the other makes me uncomfortably nostalgic for Manic.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    That is awesome about that Shadow enemy.

Also, enjoy Regular Show. You're going to hear a lot more of Roger the further you get. I watched it/listened to it while I was working on a project a couple years back, and I kept having to look up at the screen to make sure Hulu hadn't switched over to Sonic Boom.