don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Is there any footage of the grand slam? The only thing I can find is the the skill menu making it sound like it’s a prompt based combat move using A+B and it doesn’t mention holding B like the Wiki says, I could see it just replacing the janky looking jump stomp so here’s hoping.

2. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    The leaked Super Sonic footage shows it off but I'm pretty sure that is a special Super variant.

There's no footage of it as normal Sonic as far as I'm aware.

3. We got a bit of "new" gameplay on Brasil Game Show:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    There isn't much in terms of new parts of the island, but what is interesting is that they actually leveled Sonic up! He has different stats at different points. At one point he has his attack up to lv. 28, though I doubt that is a level you will get to and still be fighting Asura on Kronos Island. Having your attack stat up definitely makes combat faster too.

When Sonic's fighting the Ninja, he does a new attack where he turns into a saw basically and follows it up with a unique-looking homing attack. It even makes the Ninja do a stun animation I haven't seen before.

EDIT: Also, when Sonic is fighting Asura, it's hard to see, but on the right, there are TWO meters under the Combo Indicator. One of them is Phantom Rush, but what is the other one...?

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  5. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Is the music new? It's very hard to hear over the audience but the piano seemingly has a different melody than the Starfall Islands theme we've already heard.

The orchestral I'm Here near the end was AWESOME, though.

6. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Gotta love the orchestrated versions of music they haven't even released to us yet.

Also, Sonic's movement really does look smooth. The way he seamlessly transitions into the wall run is exactly what Lost World was lacking. I'm still annoyed the way he awkwardly stops when trying to run up steep slopes in the TGS footage, but if that limit can be removed, this has potential to be the best Sonic has ever controlled.

7. RikohZX

RikohZX

Personally despite having an Xbox Series X that could probably run this at the best it would ever be, I'm still settled on getting the PC version just to see what the modding community can do with some physics/control tweaks, the biggest movelist Sonic has ever had in one game, and mapping tools after people learned Lost World and Forces the hard way.

I know Cyberspace will probably need that fan touch to say the least.

8. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I'd just like to point out that the brown boots and gloves are for the digital deluxe edition, not a pre-order bonus.

9. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction

Combat and upgrades trailer is now live officially.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I love that new Sonic Team intro. Hell is this the 1st time they’ve done an intro like that since SA1?

11. Patrolman

Patrolman

You think they'll do a video about the Cyber Space levels

12. Snowbound

Snowbound

It depends: does the dev or marketing team view the cyberspace levels as 50% of the main game, or an extra like Big’s fishing minigame.
    Actually… a 2nd thought: maybe we’re going to get a new overview video each Thursday until the game comes out

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Idk where the hell’s that animation they showed for 5 seconds

14. I have a feeling they are planing to show it or a day, or a week before the game releases.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That’s very outside the norm though. TSR’s and Colors Ultimates’ animations came out like a month in advance.

Maybe they’re waiting since this one’s more plot driven/related? Who knows

16. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    I assume it'll come out a week before or the week of release, due to it being presumably more plot heavy than past shorts. Keep in mind that this animation will most likely be very different from the more comedic shorts released for Colors and TSR, considering that this game's plot is set to take itself much more seriously than either of those games.

17. The other ones had multiple episodes they released with a week’s spacing up until release, right? If it’s just one episode, I’m guessing it’ll be either the week or day prior to launch. If there’re multiple eps, I’m guessing we’ll get a weekly schedule that ends either the day of, or day before release.

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Reminder that the short is a prequel to the game itself.

19. I’m surprised you guys aren’t talking about the combat trailer that much. I thought it was pretty cool. Plus this was the first time I saw clean footage of the drop dash in action and man did it make me happy to see rolling in another 3D Sonic game.

If I’m being honest, the way things are looking, I don’t see how this game can possibly end up being anything less than average.

20. MH MD

MH MD

Yeah the combat trailer was really good, also the music was really great, wonder when it plays in the game