don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Snowbound

Snowbound

The album also has a song for the movie “Rurouni Kenshin: The Final” that features Ed Sheeran. That seems so bizarre to me lol… but it turns out they’ve played together before:

Anyways back to Frontiers. We’re now 2 months out from release. Here’s hoping for a steady stream of new footage.

2. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Honestly, while I think SEGA has absolutely bungled the marketing of this game, I don't really need a blowout anymore. Seeing some videos of full cyberspace stages would be nice but I don't want to see anything else about the story now. My curiosity is through the roof and, while the marketing of the story, like everything else, could certainly have been done better, I think being cryptic about it is very much the right move. It looks like there's going to be more meat here than in Breath of the Wild, so I'm really interested to see how things play out, given how little we know going in.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    I'm bracing for yet another repeat of that inevitable dread when pre-launch reviews start coming in.

4. Didn't they delay releasing Forces or something that made it to where there were (almost) no pre-release reviews besides from Famitsu? I could be wrong, but I think I recall that, reason given to "ensure it's quality" or some crap with a day one patch.

I'd find it extremely funny if they pulled the same thing here.

5. I only recall Team Sonic Racing getting delayed. Sonic Mania kinda got delayed too, but it was only a week-delay, and it was probably to add the Denuvo to PC.

6. MH MD

MH MD

They just didn't send review copies in the first place.

usually when publishers pull stuff like that, they know they have a stinker on their hands so they delay the inevitable as late as possible.
    on the other hand, if a game have some really early reviews and embargo ,it's a sign of confidence, like How Persona 5 Royal was sent to reviewers 2 months before release and the embargo lifted a whole week before release

7. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. netscapenow

netscapenow

I imagine the lyrics will be dead simple like Secret Rings and the Forces Avatar stages, but I've always liked running through a level with vocals egging me on to go faster. This game's soundtrack is probably what I'm most looking forward to lol (although I guess that's to be expected with Sonic these days)

9. Exoticus

Exoticus

I decided to transcribe the video/dialogue since the player was clicking by at Mach Speed, in case anyone is interested.
    Introduction:
    • Big: Oh, hey, Sonic! You came here to fish too?
    • Sonic: Big?! What are you doing here? HOW did you get here? What even IS here!?
    • Big: I dunno. I was looking for fishing spots and wound up here.
    • Big: So now I'm fishin'.
    • Sonic: Of course you are.
    • Big: Would you like to try? I'll let you borrow a rod.
    • Sonic: I guess it wouldn't hurt to de-tense for a second.
    • Big: Do you know how to fish? I'll teach you if you want!

During the mini-game:
    • Big: Hey, you've got a bite. Sonic, I'll leave it to you to pull it up.
    • Big: Can you see the red ripples? When the white ripple overlaps with the red one, lift your rod up q [cuts-off]

Post-catch:
    • Big: Wow. Awesome! You've caught it already!
    • Big: Nice catch, Sonic! I'll trade you a token for any fish you catch.
    • Big: If you get plenty of tokens, I'll trade them for some of the treasures I've found. Just tell me what yo [cuts-off]
    • Big: Froggy really likes those Purple Coins. If you bring me one, I'll let you borrow my rod again.

Treasure Tokens and Gold Cards:
    • Get Treasure Tokens from Big by catching fish. Once Sonic has accumulated a good amount of tokens, head to "Trade Tokens" to trade them for items that will aid in his adventure.
    • A Gold Card is an item that can be exchanged for one of the items on the list. Think carefully about which item will be the most useful.

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Yeah, that definitely sounds like Big

11. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    It's a lovely track, shame they don't seem interested in uploading high quality versions of the tracks from demo levels to the youtube channel like they did for Foces, Mania and TSR.
    Maybe we'll get something closer to release?

12. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    Fans: "We want Sonic Adventure gameplay back!"

SEGA:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. Still got quite a bit until release. Since they've released the main/ED themes, we might get more soon? Maybe?

On the fishing stuff, for some reason I really like the rigging/pose when Sonic holds the fish:
    [​IMG]
    (Maybe it's the grin that sells it for me.)

14. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Now we need an Emerald radar and a mecha shooter.

15. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    YESSS!!!!! I FUCKING LOVE FISHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE GAME IS SAVED EVERYONE, BUY A DELUXE COPY FOR YOURSELF AND EVERYONE YOU KNOW!

GOD BLESS IIZUKA

Also sidenote, now that I can see the hud clearly, the boost meter is much longer than I thought it'd be. Makes it all the more strange that gameplay previews have been rarely, if ever, boosting.

Also also it's hilarious that the "badass" eye shot from the trailer that people loved isn't for an epic moment or anything, it's a part of the fucking fishing minigame. I love this franchise.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I didn't really care for the vocal avatar tracks in Forces but I actually kinda like this lol.

17. What makes this even better is that, given that Atlus is a subsidiary of Sega now, I can only assume its a reference to this amazing scene from the Persona 4 anime.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. But Sonic fishing is epic...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    In Sonic's universe, fishing is very serious business.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List