don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. I belive the patch will be SEGA of Japan fixing museum stuff and Headcanon fixing in-game stuff... probably? I at least expect Headcanon will be fixed things on Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

2. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Considering Stealth has been relatively silent since his Twitter thread on launch day, I really hope SEGA brought him and his team back to fix all of these bugs that have been reported.

3. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Post launch support is good. We've got a shot at this collection becoming much better now, now.

I've been frustrated up to this point, but if the game gets decently patched before the year's end to address the Tails bug and some S3 collision issues, I can at least start recommending it to some players again.

4. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Hopefully this patch will be substantial as there's lots to fix. At the very least the Tails respawn bug in S1 & S2, issue where Tails flight noise plays constantly throughout the special stage in S2, game randomly freezing in mission mode and S3K emerald-losing glitch should be fixed as they are the most annoying IM0.

5. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    They also really need to fix Sonic 1 crashing when playing as Sonic and Tails after collecting the sixth emerald.. the game simply cannot be beat with that character choice because of it.

I don’t know if it occurs on other platforms but it’s happened on my Switch runs. Can anyone confirm this?

As far as I know, you can only play as Sonic and Tails in Sonic 1 via level select so it’s very unfortunate it wasn’t given an option like Sonic 2.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  6. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    The character choice options are very odd across the board.

No Knuckles in Sonic 2 Classic. But you could do Knuckles in Sonic 2 via Sonic and Knuckles so that's very odd.

No Sonic and Tails in Sonic 1. Knuckles and Tails only in Sonic 2.

It's very strange and inconsistent.

Speaking about patches more generally, the top of my list is Sonic and Tails glitch in Sonic 2 because that's hideous. But I also think there desperately needs to be more options for the games. At a minimum, the option to toggle lives in Anniversary Mode, the option to turn off the spindash in Sonic 1 Classic Mode (from the main menu), and the ability to turn off Tails' flight in Sonic 2 Classic Mode.

7. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Great news to hear about a patch. I hope they fix Tails and the option to re-play save files.

I agree about having more toggles for Anniversary mode.
    I'd also like the option to toggle elemental shields (so you can use them in save mode) and a toggle option for Sonic 1 to play as Sonic & Tails (in save mode).
    Sadly, I suspect toggles might be expecting too much.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What a coincidence, this mod was just released that enables elemental shields in Sonic 1 and 2 Story/Anniversary and the 7th chaos emerald in Sonic 1 Story/Anniversary: https://gamebanana.com/mods/389400

The game doesn't appear to save with this mod though, that'll probably have to be fixed once we learn more about how this game works.

9. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    So if they're gonna patch this (I'm surprised, frankly), I wonder if that means they'll remove Denuvo later down the line. Not buying it until they do.

10. Blaarg

Blaarg

They removed Denuvo from Mania ONE YEAR after it released. And that might have been in part from Christian Whitehead and the others. Who knows if Origins will have it removed? I know that Hatsune Miku Project Diva Megamix Plus has Denuvo, and trust me, I've experienced how it feels in that game too. Sega should really stop incorporating Denuvo when their games get cracked in... what? Like a week?

11. Turbohog

Turbohog

I only really expect one patch for Origins, so hopefully it is meaty. As others have said, the Tails AI should be a top priority. I also really hope they fix the audio issues. I cannot stand how getting rings makes the music quieter.

12. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Really hope this game gets the attention it deserves. They got Colors Ultimate into a "basically okay" state, which is what this game should've launched in.

13. Blaarg

Blaarg

I also hope they release DLC for Amy and Metal Sonic as playable characters, seeing as they are in the art for the game, and in the cutscenes too. That's probably just wishful thinking though.

14. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member

What a slap in the face. The game's broken beyond any realistic proportions and they throw out an accolades trailer as if nothing happened.
    What a PR disaster.

15. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Sega marketing a game they just released so it sells copies? Shocking

16. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Again, I feel some people here are getting a bit carried away and painting this as some kind of 06-tier broken mess.

It's a game compilation with a few annoying glitches, people.
    It clearly wasn't finished and it released in a less than ideal state, yeah...like every single game release from big compagnies nowadays, what are the odds? I don't like it in the slightest, but the game is still perfectly playable and fun.

This isn't "the straw that broke the camel's back" or "a pr disaster". lol

17. RDNexus

RDNexus

I was gonna post that as well.
    It clearly shows how to never trust official scores.
    Heck, I wonder who one can trust in regards to scores and reviews...

@SuperSnoopy you may be right, but they built hype to a point they didn't deliver.
    And then comes those great-to-awesome scores, when they may not speak true...

18. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    Time doesn't stop. They've released it already, so they have to continue to sell it. Otherwise, it's a huge waste for them.

It has been said before, but I'll reiterate: Most gamers won't notice or care as much about the issues we rant and rave about.

19. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    For sure.
    Accolade trailers should never be trusted, but still...the game is sitting at like a 73 on Metacritic so it's not all sunshine and rainbow like they're making it out to be.

I still think people are overreacting, and despite all its flaws this compilation has more inherent value that everything that came before it due to the games being the mobile ports.

I also wish the game released in a complete and polished state but that's clearly not the way the game industry does things anymore so I'm not gonna cry over it.
    They patched Colours Ultimate, they'll patch this one. Shit, even Mania was shockingly buggy on release and they more or less fixed everything eventually.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  20. Pengi

Pengi

The Tails AI glitch is huge. Sonic + Tails is the default character setting for Sonic 2, the one you play as during Story Mode, and 95% of the time you end up with Tails off-screen and the jump sound effect playing over and over and over and over again.

There are some other small and medium sized issues, more than there should be (especially in Sonic 3), but the AI Tails respawn bug in 1 and 2 is a massive problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List