don't click here

Second 'Sonic Central' Announced, Airing 9 AM Pacific Time on June 7th, 2022

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, Jun 7, 2022.

1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Surprised no one made this thread yet.
    [​IMG]
    Sonic the Hedgehog on Twitter: "Sonic Central returns tomorrow! https://t.co/QAFLNYGZoK" / Twitter

I imagine most of the news will immediately filter off into dedicated threads, but maybe there'll be some fun stuff announced that can be talked about in this thread. For reference, last year's Sonic Central brought us:
    • Sonic Colors: Ultimate's announcement
    • Sonic Colors: Rise of the Wisps' announcement
    • Sonic Origins' announcement
    • Crossover announcements, like Sonic the Fighters in Lost Judgment, Sonic items in Two Point Hospital, showing the Sonic mascot outfit in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics video game, etc.
    • A (very short) talk from someone working on Sonic Prime
    • I think Sonic Minecraft got teased here I don't even remember
    • Some merch showcasing
    • Ended on the game teaser for what would become Sonic Frontiers
    We're still awaiting Sonic Origins and Sonic Frontiers so it's hard to say what we might see here. An update on Origins and some new toys seem like safe bets, and despite IGN First's coverage of Sonic Frontiers we could likely see a dedicated, proper trailer here. This may just wind up as an update on things announced last time and nothing more. Who knows! We'll find out in 12 hours!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  2. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Neat. Probably going to have more embarrassing frontiers gameplay.

3. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Call me an optimist or a loony, but I believe any Sonic Frontiers footage they give us for Sonic Central is going to be better than what IGN has given us. It'll be coming straight from Sega and Sonic Team rather than being uploaded by a middleman. I wouldn't be surprised if the footage IGN got is from an earlier build of Sonic Frontiers, after all, game development does take a lot of time even for companies.

Aside from that, I expect to see:

-Sonic Prime related info
    -More info on Sonic Origins
    -Some cross promotion info

4. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    You know the footage from IGN is straight from Sega too, right?

5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Yes, just to clarify for here too: the IGN First footage of Frontiers was provided by SEGA. Metadata shows that the first gameplay video had file dates suggesting May 11th as a recording date. The combat video had some June 1st file dates (the day the first round of footage was shown). It'd be wise to make no judgments on build dates at this point and assume that the build SEGA is showing off is the one they were confident enough to show.

More info here:
    https://forums.sonicretro.org/index...2-from-sonic-team.40307/page-117#post-1006600
    https://forums.sonicretro.org/index...2-from-sonic-team.40307/page-125#post-1006880

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  6. Londinium

Londinium

Something just tells me Sega has a fresher build of Sonic Frontiers than was shown in the IGN footage, I expect Sega to have a build just a tad more polished than the currently shown one

Alternatively, Sega could give us more details on the plot and such over gameplay

7. Turbohog

Turbohog

Something tells me a slightly newer build won't look much different.

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  9. Londinium

Londinium

10. MH MD

MH MD

Watch it from here, only like 3 minutes left

11. Snowbound

Snowbound

The contrast between the epic music in the last minute of the timer cutting off and returning to the title slide with no music and someone adjusting the size of Sonic’s sprite made me burst out laughing
    Edit: seems the issue was ign’s stream

12. Turbohog

Turbohog

That was... underwhelming.

13. nesboy43

nesboy43

What a joke.

They would spend 20 seconds talking about how they are going to show you a video, just to show you 10 seconds of video, or in the case of the animated prologue, 2 seconds.

14. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Here's a sneak peak of the Sonic Frontiers prologue!
    (Knuckles standing for 5 seconds)

15. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    The most exciting news I got today was hearing that Gamma is gonna be in Forces mobile, and that wasn't even announced in Sonic Central.

16. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Honestly if that were anything but Sonic Forces mobile I'd be hyped. Surprised the game is even still going, unless its economy has gotten less abusive.

At any rate, I echo the sentiments shared by others. Conceptually, Sonic Central is a good platform for Sonic as a once per year thing on the anniversary, but the previews just didn't give me enough, except the Frontiers one, which did raise my hype for the game (and the confirmation of a short in of itself is exciting).

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Last year they showed that they can do this format pretty decently. I think this one should have been some Tweets, not going to lie.

Huh.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. M'Phyllis the dark.

19. Londinium

Londinium

Eh, I was pleasantly pleased with the stream, kept my expectations low. Seeing that Shadow is going to appear in Sonic Prime is nice. Beyond that, the footage they showed for Sonic Frontiers gave me some werehog vibes, and I enjoyed the werehog in Sonic Unleashed, so I'm happy there's something vaguely representing a successor coming soon.

As for Sonic Frontiers Prologue? Confirmation Knuckles is getting his own short is enough for me. Sega is finally starting to give him the respect he deserves.

Can't forget about how the guy pronounced Mephiles though

20. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    But But Muh'Phyllis

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List