don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    I thought it over a little more...what if they're acquiring Dimps outright instead of a simple franchise hand off to them?

That's *technically* not game related, but would be significant enough to warrant this hype nonsense.

2. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    The most appropriate development that comes to mind is the possibility that Sega's new animation studio will now focus on churning out feature length Sonic films in the vein of Night of the Werehog. It's only a matter of time, it qualifies as a legitimate and significant expansion of the franchise, and it's basically the next evolutionary step for the series when 70% of the games' content is already reserved for lengthy cutscenes and thrilling high-octane visual sequences that play themselves. And really, I think that's what's best for everyone!

3. It's Sega though, they hyped a delay of Sonic 4 so you never really know what's significant enough to warrant hype with them,

4. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic there, but I do think more films like that is a good thing.

5. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    I'm not, sadly. Since Heroes, the CG cutscenes have rather consistently remained the shining achievement of the games above all else- that they'd take that element and run with it without blowing their resources on crafting the illusion of an actual game as a roux for the story and visuals is pretty much the best we could reasonably expect from them right now.

6. SilverstepP

SilverstepP

Now with twice the sprites. Member
    North Carolina
    STILL trying to get these damn spam bots off the Open Sonic forum.
    The cutscenes got bad after Heroes...

Half of the time in cutscenes, the character's mouth moves differently than what he says. I figure that this is due to Japanese-English translation, but I wish this was fixed.

What REALLY sucked is that even though the CG graphics were good, they used a different 'storybook' style in Sonic and the Secret Rings, apparantly because it 'enhances the experience'...

Plus, after Heroes, I have to endure the wonderful 4kids voice actors. YAAAAY...

This big announcement this Thursday? I don't even know what to expect.

7. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Pointless to speculate now. Just check the forums as usual on Thursday and if something surprises you, then there'll be something to talk about.

For now, sleep. Sweet, sweet sleep... -.-

8. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    No they didn't. Hell, they just keep getting better.

9. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    The CG ones did, anyway, which is what Ritz was referring to. The in-game cinematics didn't really get good until Unleashed, though.

10. *Crosses fingers for the abolishment of voice actors for good*

11. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Honestly I doubt it's going something huge. Just hype.

12. VB.NET

VB.NET

United States
    Learning C++
    A new brand of Sonic Cola + Sonic's shoes will now be fabulous pink?

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Dibs on a story reboot in the comics.

14. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Sega's CG studio will begin producing a bi-annual Sonic the Hedgehog theatrical movie for as long as its financially viable.

All future Sonic games will be tie-ins to these theatrical movies.

15. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    We know that S4 got delayed. I'm not sure how accurate this shit is, but if it's true, maybe AAUK was just handwaving to make the real announce more of a HOLY SHIT moment.

My speculation: S4 was delayed because they're making it the launch title for a new Sega console. If I'm right, FIRST@RETRO WOOHOO FHQWDGADS

16. I hope it's something related to voice actors.

Preferably involving either removing them entirely from the series or replacing the current ones.

17. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Nack comes back. :colbert:

I wish.

18. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    I'm not a betting man, but if I were I'd bet that - whatever it is - it won't be anything any of us had anticipated.

19. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    They could base it off SA 2, or they could, you know, use a story that makes sense.

In the Sonic Heroes cut scenes, the character's mouths flap like the opening of a deflating balloon, all the movements are very stiff, and the shading looks like it came from the wrong end of the turn of the century.

Oh, and I almost forgot Sega's razor: If multiple theories fit news from Sega equally well, whichever is the worst or most boring is probably true.

Virtual On countdown: New game? No, it's a port of the one no one liked, the one that almost killed the franchise. Crazy Taxi on XBLA? Is it a remixed version of 3 that fixes that funny glitch where passengers always accuse you of parking too far away and gets rid of the passengers that have you leave the interesting city to drive around and get lost in the barren desert (or just gets rid of the areas outside of the city outright)? No, it's just the Dreamcast version, stretched to fill the screen. Sonic 3D Blast on Steam: will it have the Saturn special stage? No, and it's not even the PC version, it's the genesis version running on a moderately crappy emulator.

20. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Tails is transsexual.

And Sega will start promoting LGBT characters in future Sonic games.

That's probably the announcement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.