don't click here

Starduster's Recent Activity

1. Starduster replied to the thread Sonic X Shadow Generations announced, releases Autumn 2024.

Maybe it’s like HUNTER X HUNTER where the X is left unspoken. However, Sonic Shadow Generations is a bit inelegant, so I feel like it...

May 26, 2024 at 9:19 AM
  2. Starduster replied to the thread Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC.

I agree with your assessment, but I don’t think Frontiers *needs* to forego the ability to set such goals by dint of being an open-zone....

May 25, 2024 at 11:03 AM
  3. Starduster rated Laura's post Agree in the thread Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC.

Something which @Palas has said before which bears repeating is that the primary objective of Sonic is to complete the level. This has...

May 25, 2024 at 10:46 AM
  4. Starduster rated The Joebro64's post Agree in the thread Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC.

The best way I can describe 3D fangames with "classic physics" like Utopia is that they're that one part in Chemical Planet Act 2 where...

May 24, 2024 at 4:55 PM
  5. Starduster replied to the thread Sonic Superstars: A New 2D Sonic Game (Fall 2023).

I resist the idea that the level design in Superstars isn’t as mediocre as everything else, honestly. I feel that the levels are overly...

May 24, 2024 at 9:52 AM
  6. Starduster replied to the thread Sonic X Shadow Generations announced, releases Autumn 2024.

That’s rather a false equivalence, given that this refers specifically to the Japanese titles of two relatively obscure 8-bit games, as...

May 23, 2024 at 10:24 PM
  7. Starduster replied to the thread Sonic Superstars: A New 2D Sonic Game (Fall 2023).

I think Superstars occupies a similar headspace to Forces for me. It’s a very mediocre game that really should’ve been a slam dunk....

May 23, 2024 at 10:19 PM
  8. Starduster replied to the thread Sonic Anniversary Symphony going worldwide.

Hopping on the Eurostar for the showing in Paris next weekend and I'm already eyeing up the September performance in London. It'd be...

May 23, 2024 at 7:55 AM
  9. Starduster replied to the thread Sonic Superstars: A New 2D Sonic Game (Fall 2023).

That's pretty much the right of it. Also thinking about how telling it is that we've still yet to see any kind of release for the...

May 22, 2024 at 8:04 PM
  10. Starduster replied to the thread Sonic the Hedgehog IDW Comic Megathread.

Can't argue with that, but a second book on a permanent basis would only exacerbate such issues in the production pipeline. Hopefully...

May 22, 2024 at 7:53 PM
  11. Starduster replied to the thread Sonic the Hedgehog IDW Comic Megathread.

I mean we’ve had that with the various minis, they’ve just been sporadic - the Fang mini is the first and only one so far to put the...

May 22, 2024 at 4:06 PM
  12. Starduster liked Linkabel's post in the thread Sonic the Hedgehog IDW Comic Megathread.

The only hail Mary I could think of is the last issue of Mega Drive. That would be the only thing that would shock me.

May 22, 2024 at 6:58 AM
  13. Starduster replied to the thread Help wanted with SegaSonic emulation.

To an extent, yes, but even by that standard it’s shallow compared to other arcade games.

May 22, 2024 at 6:50 AM
  14. Starduster replied to the thread Help wanted with SegaSonic emulation.

Managed to get this figured out in the end to a degree. The solution is so blindly obvious I'm stunned it didn't occur to me earlier,...

May 21, 2024 at 9:40 PM
  15. Starduster replied to the thread Sonic X Shadow Generations announced, releases Autumn 2024.

Yeah it’s plain as day from the footage we have that the base Generations and Shadow portions are running in different engines. I think...

May 20, 2024 at 12:25 PM