don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Just played the demo myself, and I have to say, it's freakin' amazing. I especially like how the Red Wisp is used in the level.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Doesn't work on the DSTT for me. I just get a white screen.

3. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    EDIT: Nevermind.

No$GBA runs the demo perfect. I feels very Sonic Rush-Y to me. Although it is more enjoyable than SR.

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    There's no way my laptop will be able to run this smoothly, but...eh, whatever I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Ran well enough, surprisingly very fun. I was never looking down on the DS version but this is quite enjoyable.

5. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
  6. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    SEGA keeps on surprising with Colors. Even the DS version many including myself would be water down is pretty fun. Oh SEGA keep it up after Colors and you might start winning over people more often again~

7. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    So, just played the Demo. It feels like Rush 3, but better. The wisps really add something to the game, instead of just being a cheap gimmick. The more I see and hear of this game, and after playing the demo of what's supposed to be the throwaway cash in version of the game that's even good? I dunno, guys, I'm really starting to believe this game might be something special.

8. Shade

Shade

Pretty stoked, between this and Sonic 4.

"How Sonic Got His Groove Back"

9. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    If this has level design like Rush Adventure and overall progression like Rush, it'll be my favorite DS Sonic game, period.

10. Bobinator

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting Member
    So what's everyone's best time on the demo level so far? Mine's 1:58. Apparently there's a shortcut that lets you skip the hang glider part at the end, I haven't found that yet. Also, man, I love the music in this game. Possibly even more than the music in Rush. Man, I wish the soundtrack for the console version would hurry up and get leaked already.

EDIT: Mini-Yoshi made a map of where I'm talking about.

[​IMG]

11. @Bobinator: Is it the red burst barrier right above the glider's start? I've never been able to make it over there in time before I run out of red energy.

12. VB.NET

VB.NET

United States
    Learning C++
    Played it on an emulator. Sonic has extreme sliding acceleration! You can slide around LOOPS.

13. I made it through there on my first try and didn't see a hang glider. Then I played it again and I was like "What? I don't remember this part".

I see they brought back the "tap Sonic while he's on the bottom screen" thing from Rush.

14. Penguin

Penguin

15. Oh wow, how did I not see that post before?

*downloads*

I was laughing my ass off the whole time I was listening to that. It just sounds so terribly off-key and everything about is wrong. It kinda sounds like it was played by an elementary school band using toy instruments for toddlers.

16. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    That's what the converted spit out. SSEQ2MIDI is what I used. Form what I know, anything with "Electric Piano 2" seems to be a bassline.

17. I figured out how to get to the path above the hang glider: take the lowest route. You'll get a Red Wisp before going through an up-only platform.

18. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    The DS demo was pretty much exactly what I expected. I'm surprisingly okay with that.

19. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    The 10 or so minutes I mess around with in the demo was a much more satisfying experience than the whole of Sonic Rush for me.

I hope the rest of the levels retain this amount of quality to them and I may have a new favourite handheld Sonic game to topple over Sonic Advance.

20. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all