don't click here

Least Favorite Sonic Game?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Insert Coin(s), Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asher

Asher

Your Residentual Tattoo Designer And Pirate Member
    Not the worst, but most dissapointing due to the fact that I loved the realistic art direction of it and the fact that is was hyped as the first of a new generation of games... I'm going with Sonic 06

2. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    Wait... NOT the worst?? Are you absolutely sure??? :psyduck:

3. xcliber

xcliber

I guess I have to say Sonic 06 is the first Sonic game that ever made me verbally and angrily shout at as loud as I could, "What the fuckin hell was the SEGA QA department on!?"
    Aside from the godawful loading times, the game was tolerable up until I got to that one snowboarding section with Sonic. I got so confused and lost just snowboarding that by the time I had finished the level, I just didn't want to play the game anymore. It literally stirred up my clinical depression that I thought I finally had under control once and for all. No joke, I seriously felt like I wanted to cry after playing that level. :'(
    I thought I would like the idea of finally having Tails and Knuckles as playable characters again without a mech and without collecting pieces of the Master emerald, but why was I not suprised when they both sucked. Tails is slow and can't attack with anything other than that poorly developed sniper attack, and I don't think I played the game long enough to be able to play as knuckles. And seriously SEGA, what the fuck were you trying to achieve with that camera!?

Aside from Sonic 06, I played Sonic Genesis once and didn't feel compelled to play past Act 1 of Green Hill.

Sonic Unleashed sucked because Sega doesn't realize that you can't put heart racing, high speed platforming in the same game as slow paced button mashing. As the box clearly states, "the difference is night and day". It felt like 2 completely different games on a single disc. I despise the Werehog levels so much that I can't finish the game, because I can't find enough Sun Medals to unlock the last 2 Day stages.

I actually enjoyed Sonic Heroes, and have mixed feelings about Shadow the Hedgehog.

Oh, I almost forgot about Sonic Riders! I think it's because I just suck at it.

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Sonic Rivals 1 or 2 for the PSP. In fact, it seems to be the most overlooked game of the series. I wasn't too fond of it, but I guess the only thing keeping me from hating it was that you could finally play as Tails again in a classic Sonic, side scrolling, running and jumping platformer. The racing aspect of the game was horrible. The oponents were often cheap and the physics were awkward.

4. Malpass

Malpass

Fell at the Battle of the Wing Fortress, 1992. Member
    I quite liked Rivals, well Rivals 1 at least, I've never played Rivals 2. It was an OK game to play when I was travelling.

5. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Least favourite I actually OWN is... eh, that would be whether Heroes or Unleashed.

Unleashed for it's inability to make badniks hurt you, but instead relies on it's GODDAMN HARD FINAL DAY STAGE WHICH I IN ALL MY MIGHT AM STILL TRYING TO FINISHFGDSGSDFS!!! DAMN EGGLAND AND IT'S CHEAP DEATH PITS!!!"

There's 1 thing that I simply detest in Heroes: The Fly Formation. Just the way it controls and... HURTS. Oh, and the generic anime "Friends are AWESOME!" message.

6. Neoblast

Neoblast

I hate sonic 06 and sonic genesis
    Nuff said.

7. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    So I played Sonic R on the Sonic Gems Collection the other day with a friend...

:psyduck:

We literally had to stop playing after two races. The controls were just too sensitive and annoying. Yes, Sonic is supposed to be fast, but holy geez, we just couldn't control his movement and kept going out of bounds, hitting walls or off the track.

8. Vangar

Vangar

Sonic Labyrinth is easily the worst.

9. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    This as well. Although they tried to get Sonic into a 3-D game, it just didn't work that well. I'm not a fan of the controls (especially if you get too fast, you lose all control), and getting the direction you want is not the easiest.

10. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    You know what's weird? I only just now thought of what Sonic Labyrinth is really meant to be: Sonic Mini Golf.

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Yeah, some strange hybrid of mini-golf and pinball.

12. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Like Kirby's Dream Course? Kinda.

13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    But we have <a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic Putter (2003)" target="_blank" style="background: url(http://info.sonicretro.org/images/5/50/Reticon.png) right no-repeat; padding-right: 20px; border-bottom: 1px dotted #3366BB; color: #3366BB; cursor:pointer; text-decoration:none;" class="wiki">Sonic Putter (2003)</a> and <a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic Putter (2009)" target="_blank" style="background: url(http://info.sonicretro.org/images/5/50/Reticon.png) right no-repeat; padding-right: 20px; border-bottom: 1px dotted #3366BB; color: #3366BB; cursor:pointer; text-decoration:none;" class="wiki">Sonic Putter (2009)</a> for that *shot*

14. Asher

Asher

Your Residentual Tattoo Designer And Pirate Member
    No-where near my least favourite, but I don't love Sonic CD like most seem to, the game didn't have the same feel as Sonic 1-2-3, and the past / present / futre deal just seemed a bit much

15. Malgra

Malgra

Studium Member
    Worst I own: Sonic 3D - Signalled the beginning of the end. Controls are immensely annoying, and there's no real challenge. Probably not the worst Sonic game ever made, but from my collection it's by far my least favourite.
    Worst I've played: Sonic Labyrinth - Just abhorrent.

16. tonic41

tonic41

Sonic game code name? sonic classic
    I say Sonic Spinball(gen) and Sonic Pinball(gba).. well I think any pinball game suck cause Im not good at it.

17. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    My dad bought me Sonic Jam for Game.com for $1. I think it's worth half of that.

18. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Has nobody in this thread mentioned Sonic Chronicles?

Piece of shit.

My vote for worst is tied equally between that, Sonic Labyrinth (for not playing like Marble Madness, when it really should have done. Fact, not opinion) and the 8-bit Sonic Spinball (for lacking in every last little thing that made the 16-bit version as charming as it is).

19. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    That made me laugh a LOT, Thanks.

THIS IS MADNESS!

Haha, Its strange to see someone that don't like the retro "core" games...
    ---

Well, the worst? Hmmm There are some really bad ones, but there is not a "OMG I don't WANT TO PLAY THAT SHIT" game I think, Each game has its advantages and flaws I suppose, even Heroes (The second stage is kinda cool and the gameplay isnt THAT bad and the Metal sonic music is nice to hear), but well, Genesis is one thing that sucked. and It wasnt even a new game! Was a stupid try for a remake in a portable console...

Sonic R... about gameplay sucked too, but you just need to learn "how to play" and that's it. Its a great game for the lovely Saturn, despite its flaws, and I loved the music.

Also, didnt played Shadow the hedgehog, but from what I saw Its not that bad...just diferent.

About 2006...hmmm This game, I don't know why, if its graphics, or the characters, but I loved every story bit...If only the game engine was better and the loading times werent SO bad... Well, the gameplay wasnt THE sonic game, but it was nice to be a sonic game... Man, I even like the character art direction for eggman! ...That game was using an art direction that remind me of Final Fantasy and It was kinda cool to me.

20. I really hate Sonic 2 on the Game Gear. Like everybody else, I find that first crab boss is ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.