don't click here

Anarchy Reigns is "Delayed" for Western Release

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Bartman3010, May 26, 2012.

1. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/349179/anarchy-reigns-delayed-in-europe-and-america/

On my. Bad news to those who were hoping for more Mad World (And after watching the trailer for the game, now I'm kind of bummed out that I won't really get to play it.

Funny thing is, the localization process is finished. So why are they now jumping ship?

Here, watch this trailer and share your frustration:
    http://youtu.be/XKJ_HVmGjHY

Also, Bayonatta is a playable character.

2. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    All my rage.

Ugh, I understand the issues with marketing, physical production, etc., but when things like this happen it doesn't make me any less upset.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    ALL OF MY RRRRRAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*put G Gundam speech here*

4. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Um, I don't think it's cancelled. The article says "delayed", which implies that it's still coming to the US and Europe, but we just don't know when. Hopefully with E3 next week we'll get an answer as to when we'll be getting it.

5. dsrb

dsrb

Yeah, this thread is pretty much the worst reporting ever.

Also http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=24208&pid=689135&st=0&#entry689135

6. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    My bad. Although posting on a forum isn't necessarily reporting, either.

7. dsrb

dsrb

Yeah, and sorry for exaggerating just a tad! ;)

Encouraging news all round, I guess. Plus, it's good of the developer to emphasise that, even if worst comes to worst, the Japanese release has a fully implemented English mode—and to obliquely support gamers importing the Japanese one if they need to (or can't wait).

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh thank god. You had me worried shitless for a second.

Now get this game over here now please.

9. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Yeah, thanks for giving me a small heart attack.

10. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Bwahahahah.

Seriously though, when games fall into the TBC (Concluded) status, it's in a really bad place right now. Theres been several games that were translated that never made their way out of there. It may be quietly put down, just putting that small glimmer of hope in those that are interested, hoping to see if it'd make business sense to put it out.

It's not a case of me saying that I'll eat crow if it comes out, but it does seem strange that they wouldn't just push the game next year or something.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well, the game still has an english option and I can always import it if necessary. So I will get it. It's just a matter of when and how.

12. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    If SEGA West goes full lame ass and doesn't release it here, people can always import the JP version since it has English language options. It's what I'll do.

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    on the other hand do people trust platinum to make a decent PS3 port this time

14. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    It started development on PS3 rather than 360, so it'll be fine.

15. Yuzu

Yuzu

Since Vanquish, the PS3 has been the lead platform for games by Platinum that are multi-platform.

This trend is continuing with both Anarchy Reigns and Metal Gear Rising.

16. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Welp, Sega of America announced their E3 lineup and Anarchy Reigns is nowhere to be found on the list.
    http://blogs.sega.com/2012/05/30/segae3-sega-is-ready-to-rock-e3-2012/
    If we don't anything about this game before the end of June, can we officially declare it cancelled?

17. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
  18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    AW FUCK GODDAMNIT FUCK FUVCKMDFSNOIDSPIOFD

What pisses me off the most about this is that I can't see any reason for this delay. The localization is done and Q1 2013 would actually be a worse time to release the game than this summer because half the games that were planned for release this year have also been delayed until Q1 2013, meaning it will release alongside games like Bioshock Infinite, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Dead Space 3 etc.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It ain't great news but it sure as hell beats cancellation. I'll take it.

20. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Well shut my mouth.

That said, they might be trying to avoid some of the competition that's been surfacing during 2012, which also includes the launch of the Wii U. You've got Max Payne 3, Diablo 3...but then most of the major games coming out are in the year 2013 too, so it does seem rather strange.