don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Flare

Flare

We really have come a long way from the worries that they would not reference the games to avoid putting off new audiences.

We also got cute Twitter hashtag images
    Paramount_Pictures_Sonic_2_Tails_2022.png Paramount_Pictures_Sonic_2_Knuckles_2022-2.png Paramount_Pictures_Sonic_2_Robotnik_2022.png Paramount_Pictures_Sonic_2_Sonic_2022.png

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  2. Paramount stop, you're make emotional at this point. But seriously, holy shit, I can't belive they actually made that. I loved it with all my heart.

3. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

4. Flare

Flare

I still await them getting Lee Majdoub to do a marketing video teaching us how to make a latte.

And the new trailer which of course much more spoilers, is SO GOOD. It is everything I wanted from there sequel.

5. *trying not to get excited for this movie*

6. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    How can you not be pumped up for this movie?? This already has the makings of best video game movie of all time

They certainly went all in on this one, which makes me wonder how the hell they can top it with Sonic 3

Even Splash Hill gets referenced :V:V

I can’t wait for April 8th (but I’ll definitely go on the 7th if my local theater has a Thursday night showing)

7. Looking awesome!

8. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    watch at your own risk...

9. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    oh. my god.

10. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Movie looks dope as hell. Also, tickets are up for the advance fan-only screenings. I got to go to one for The Batman the other week and they're a ton of fun. I'm not going to get one for this movie (I'm too busy), but I definitely recommend that you all try to check it out. They're awesome.

11. This franchise has given me trust issues...

12. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    upload_2022-3-14_19-9-55.png
    Bleh, this CG shot was jarring. I couldn't really fault the execution of the CG in the first movie or anything I've seen before this trailer, but Knuckles and Stone don't look at all like they're on the same plane of existence here. Hell, even the tracking on Knuckles looks spotty. Hopefully this wasn't the final pass on this shot?

13. Flare

Flare

Yeah Knuckles jitters as the camera pans and looks very out of scene.

I thought it was just me because I usually find humans and CGI creatures always look like photoshop layers to me haha.

I hope it’s fixed, but part of me, not knowing the budget, wonders if I can let my mind ignore it for the bigger story that looks like is being told here.

14. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    I hope the movie doesn't lean so far into the fanservice side that it ends up alienating non-Sonic fan audiences and not doing well in the box office.

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I'm a bit triggered by the fact that all of the characters have mono-eyes here, when not even Movie Sonic himself has one. But they're cute otherwise.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  16. Flare

Flare

17. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Oh yeah I totally understand why :V the games department has not delivered in recent years (except Mania; add the fact that there’s only been 3 mainline games in the past 9 years) but here’s hoping that strong film ticket sales will light a fire under Sonic Team/SEGA of Japan’s ass so that they can deliver high quality games

18. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    When I saw this, I was hoping there'd be 3d models for the characters I could rip like Sony had with Into the Spider-Verse when they did a similar web AR thing. Sad.

19. More footage.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Goddamn that poster looks great. I may actually buy that if I can get a legit copy somewhere. Though I'd need a frame... and a way to hang it...

It's cool that there's another trailer but I'm not watching any more trailers at this point. I'd like to keep SOME things a surprise.