don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog Continuity Thread of Love and Timelines

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by dredd, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I mean yea that names just ridiculous Clucky makes 1000x more sense.

It's a chicken not a guy watching his wife get off from another guy

2. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    So it took years for Eggman to make his Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park.
    Colors US story.png

3. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Yeah, he started building it for Sonic Xtreme (see proposed plots for this cancelled game) but delayed it until Colours. Sonic was 15 when Eggman started building it, but it wasn't until Sonic was 15 that he finished it. Continuity in Sonic games is marvelous.

4. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    When was the first time Eggman thought about creating Eggmanland?

Was it Adventure 1?

5. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    It depends on how you define Eggmanland, *and* how you define "when". It's mentioned in Eggman's S4E1 description, but that was retroactivey inserted. It was mentioned in Adventure 1, but as the more historically cohesive "Robotnikland". And it was in the OVA, which predated Adventure by several years in Japan, but localised as Robotropolis in the EN dub and doesn't line up with game canon anyways.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    Have yall ever read the prologue to Unleashed in the manual?
    upload_2021-12-15_18-51-44.png

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. TheManchildMine

TheManchildMine

A Casual Snoc Fan Member
    Hey guys, I know I literally haven't spoken on this fourm for like 2 years (I basically just try out fourms but never commit to being active on them)

I know this is definitely not related to anything, but, I just remembered a really interesting idea that we had on a previous continuity thread before they were all merged, and I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

I knew she was probably joking, but I took it seriously as hell and made a full on timeline out of it that I actually quite like and think makes lots of sense

I would love to hear your thoughts on this as I genuinely like this timeline.

8. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

I think it's interesting. Different from what we are used to, but still.

There are always some problems we all face at some point, like: placement of Rush series and Rival series altogether; Knuckles Chaotix being incompatible with Sonic Heroes; Sonic the Fighters with 8 Chaos Emeralds; placement of Sonic Chronicles; etc.

My question is: why would Sonic 06 cause such a split since the beginning of the timeline? I mean, when I use splits in mine, in general we can see why things happen differently. But I'm failing to see why 06 would change everything since Sonic 1. The events with Solaris weren't supposed to affect this.

EDIT: Jesus I've miswritten a lot here.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  9. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    With the events removed, the Seventh Chaos Emerald is no longer in a time loop with Elise, freeing it up for discovery in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Mega Drive). Beforehand, there were only six Chaos Emeralds being fought over (the Game Gear titles).

10. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

That makes sense, but why isn't it together with the other 6 Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 1?

11. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Because it's in a time loop over in Soleanna, due to time travelling hedgehogs.

12. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

In his timeline, Sonic 1 was already after Sonic 06 reset, so there were no emeralds paradox anymore. And Sonic 1 only had 6 Emeralds, there should be 7. Maybe I'm being dumb gere but I don't get it.

13. TheManchildMine

TheManchildMine

A Casual Snoc Fan Member
    It's fine by the way if you dont get it, it is obviously a very different take from most other timelines, I just like it because it takes what's considering a massive plothole from 06 thats so stupid, and makes it an intergral part of the timeline, I dont 100% agree with it though and much prefer the standard way of looking at it, but I just love stupid ideas like this.

Also, if your referring the Megadrive Sonic 1 only having 6 emeralds, well, even though it's not with Elise anymore, the origin place of the 7th Emerald is West Side Island, and it's existense in general was not known yet until Sonic and Tails find it in Sonic 2.

14. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Pretty sure the place of origin of all the Chaos Emeralds is Angel Island, or at least the place that would become Angel Island. Unless you subscribe to the interpretation that Angel Island and Westside Island were originally part of the same landmass.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  15. On that note, how does that theory go? Where on West Side Island could Angel Island have come from anyway?

16. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

The original Westside Island lore had an ancient prosperous civilization being wiped out after attempting to seize the Emeralds for nefarious purposes. This is consistent with the lore given by S3K and especially Adventure to the place that would become Angel Island. Since it was established in S3K and SA1 that Angel Island was created after that event (it was originally part of a larger landmass in the sea), many interpret it as an implication that AI and WI were connected to each other until the former broke apart and ascended into the sky.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  17. Ah, gotcha. See, I already knew the information here, but for whatever reason my brain couldn't make the connection. Thanks for bringing me up to speed. Honestly I really like this theory, and it does somewhat solve some of the problems with the chaos emeralds.

18. First I've ever heard of this theory, but I really dig it. I can picture Angel Island nestled in the waters at the center of West Side Island, right where Olympus/Hidden Palace is located.

19. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Which also implies Sonic Adventure 1's Mystic Ruins and Station Square are set on Westside Island...

20. RDNexus

RDNexus

Hmm... Doesn't sound wrong to me. Could work, in my opinion.
    But not sure if that didn't warrant some degree of retconning...