don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Awesome, this is the best news so far for this movie. I just assumed they would get more star power for Tails and was kinda rooting for Tom Holland.

2. MH MD

MH MD

Oh yeah that would have been unrealistic

Chris pratt however....

3. AdventureEnjoyer

AdventureEnjoyer

"Release the Adventure 3 fans" Member
    That guy needs to voice every single human being lol

4. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Need I remind you that Terrence Howard and Ed Norton were once part of the MCU? Recasting are not that unusual in Hollywood.

5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    We did have a "Dark Sonic" join this week. We were actually kinda excited thinking it was you haha.

6. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I thought THE Dark Sonic was already in the Discord? I could've sworn I've seen her once or twice.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  7. Wildcat

Wildcat

I’m confused...are some people upset they did NOT recast Tails? and she’s the only one to return? Ben is still Sonic, Jim Carrey is still Robotnik and Knuckles was not there. What are people talking about?

8. I was confused by those comments too before re-reading them multiple times and doing a quick googling. Tails was just the only character not to be recasted to someone different than their in-game voice actor.

9. Wildcat

Wildcat

Oh in general. Thanks for explaining.

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I'm surprised that they didn't re-cast Tails. I was certain that they only used O'shaughnessey because she was cheaper than hiring a big Hollywood name for the post-credits scene in a film that, let's face it, wasn't a guaranteed success. Seeing it confirmed that she's staying is great and absolutely deserved (best Tails VA to date) but it's strange. Why didn't they re-cast Tails? Is it just because they thought that the voice was already a good fit? Or did they prioritise bigger stars like Elba and Carrey?

Much as I love Smith as Sonic in the games, it's true that he wouldn't have suited the role of a younger Sonic as seen in this movie. Schwartz does a fine job of it instead. And Knuckles... Willingham last voiced him in Forces and whilst he did a solid job, he couldn't hold a candle to Dreier. But after Willingham left, he was replaced by Mitchell from TSR onwards and his performance has been, uh... inconsistent. Sometimes good, often bad. Knuckles is the big new rival/antagonist for this film, so he's probably going to be the most important from a marketing perspective. I really am looking forward to seeing how Elba takes on task.

11. MH MD

MH MD

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So from time to time I have used Discord, but I haven't in the past few months. So that new "Dark Sonic" is likely just a fan of that Super Sonic in Sonic X that existed for all of 30 seconds :eng99:.

That's a pretty fantastic looking poster btw, glad to see things are looking more Sonic-y from the get go (more proper Egg-mobile, buzz bomber, the tornado)

13. MH MD

MH MD

oh yeah may as well post the poster here

[​IMG]

14. Flare

Flare

It is perfect. The redesign of the Egg Mobile, the Tornado, the buzz bomber/drone hybrids. They definitely seem more confident in their direction now.

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Tails looks a bit strange, almost like his body is too small. He lookee fine in the past credits scene from the first film, so I wonder if this is just a case of bad posing. It's a really nice poster otherwise though. I can't believe how far we've come since... You know...

16. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    call me crazy but it looks as if Sonic and Tails have had a slight tweak to their designs from the first film? I'm liking it!

and I'm very very excited to finally see Sonic Frontiers (PLEASE show actual gameplay SEGA...)

EDIT: I saw this tweet and it really puts into perspective how much the re-design saved the first film and made Sonic so endearing. Tyson, you're a goddamn legend.

17. Strange how Knuckles hasn't been shown in full.

18. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
  19. Flare

Flare

Unfair? I mean, I think their point was comparing Sonic designs, not poses or reveals.

And sure everyone will pick that weird teeth pose in comparison to the redesign but the tweet was really just saying that _sometimes_ listening to feedback can make the final product better and that the redesign has done a lot of help, even if it was just getting people genuinely excited for the trailer haha.

Also I believe this was the first poster revealed before the trailer. The poster you showed was great but also was probably the best out of the pre-redesign posters we got.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. When a Sonic Movie poster is better than the Spider-Man: No Way Home poster.