don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    There's currently an uncut sheet of Sonic the Fighters moveset cards on Yahoo Japan. I'd like to bid on it, but would anyone like to go in on this with me?

The files we currently have are from the Japanese copy of Sonic Gems Collection and frankly don't look that good. Text is barely discernible.

2. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Of course I would love for this to happen and the game finally gets its well deserved official recognition, changed OST or not, but yeah I’ll believe this one when I see it.

One of those “too good to be true” rumors

3. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Who is Zippo, and why should I care and consider what he says as possibly true?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. MagnusTheGreen

MagnusTheGreen

Stop Calling Me Moonlight Member
    Think he's the guy that leaked the early Forces script, but I could be wrong, it was a while back.

5. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Yeah, it was probably him. I remember reading about Zippo some time ago, people were saying that he had predicted things before, that were accurate.

Of course everything, every leaker says is to be taken with a grain of salt, but his post about Sonic Adventure remakes was convincing to me.

Sonic 3 re-release? I mean... It's a high profile game, that the fanbase wants, I can see Sega making it a part of some collection if the soundtrack is changed thought.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Zippo was not the one who provided the early Forces script.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Yeah, Zippo was a Nintendo leaker. He has no credibility when it comes to Sonic/Sega as far as I’m concerned

8. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
  9. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    So Hoshino-san retweeted this retweet from the Japanese Sonic Twitter account. It seems that as part of some collaboration with a team company, Dreams Come True have added lyrics to the Green Hill Zone theme.

So far there are only 15 second snippets of it in these short tea commercials, but I'm curious to hear what the full version sounds like and if it has anything to do with the anniversary.

Edit: Seems they wrote a post about it on their blog. Apparently, the full version is still to be recorded.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • List
  10. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Some sales thoughts/ramblings ahead.

It’s a bit interesting to me that almost all of the most recent Sonic games confirmed to sell over one-two million copies are games that have their numbers combined from multiple different versions of the same game.

Colors and Generations have both a console version and a handheld version. S4E1 has both a console and a mobile version. Unleashed has two console versions, the “SD” version for the weaker Wii and PS2 and the “HD” version for the more powerful PS3 and 360. This also applies to both ASR games, with the games receiving console, handheld, and mobile versions; and their sales numbers covering these multiple versions to match. Even most of the Mario & Sonic games aren’t exempt from this, despite the first few entries typically selling way more than most Sonic games, the numbers typically lump together the numbers for the console and handheld versions.

Mania was the first multiplatform Sonic game in years that was essentially the same project across all platforms and went on to sell over one million copies. All of the previous games that fit that criteria before Mania were...

- Sonic Riders (2006)

- Shadow the Hedgehog (sold over two million) (2005)

- Sonic Mega Collection Plus (sold over two million) (2004)

- Sonic Heroes (sold over two million) (2003/2004)

For comparison’s sake, the list of Sonic games released on only one platform that went on to sell over one million, after the series went third-party:

- Sonic Mega Collection (2002)

- Sonic Advance (2001)

- Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (2001)

On a final note—despite the Mario & Sonic games usually developed with console and handheld versions in mind (Sochi 2014 and Tokyo 2020 being exceptions) and having their sales numbers lumped together as a result, there are some versions that sell well enough to get their individual numbers reported. There’s a video game-specific Guinness Book of World Records out there which claimed the Wii and DS versions of Mario & Sonic [Beijing 2008] sold over seven million and over four million copies, respectively. Sega’s own IR reports showed the Wii version of Mario & Sonic London 2012 selling over two million units. (The 3DS version was released a few months later, which was after the reporting of the quarter the Wii version was released in. This allowed us to see how well the latter did on its own, before Sega combined the numbers in the following quarter.)

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  11. 20210519_005123.jpg So this cover has a prerelease screenshot of the second special stage from Sonic Advance (third row down, farthest to the right).

The Neo Green Hill one might be too, but I can't tell 100%. Something just feels off.

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  12. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I wonder how much of that book will be lifted from Sonic Retro's wiki...

13. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Yup. The NGHZ screen is this pic, with the beta BG.

• List
  14. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

I have this encyclopedia preordered and that looks really cool.. looking forward to reading it.. if the Mario encyclopedia was any indication, then we are in for a good read.

Also, no Sonic 3 screenshot there but Sonic & Knuckles is visible.. very curious to see what new info will be revealed about Sonic 3, if any. But it will probably be stuff we already knew for 20 years lol

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Unless Ian also wrote the Mario Encyclopedia I'm not seeing the correlation just because both are from Dark Horse.

16. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

Yeah I was basing it off of both being made by Dark Horse.. they did a great job with the Mario Encyclopedia so I don’t see how this one will be any different in terms of quality and info

17. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    Remember this? Well I didn't realize that plush was absolutely MASSIVE.

TK3.jpg

Tom Kalinske for scale...

EDIT:
    Also won this. If anyone could send a few bux that'd be cool but if not that's okay too. It's definitely not my most expensive StF purchase but it wasn't terribly cheap either lol.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  18. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Sega seem to have a history of using weird screenshots, heck a lot of their green hill zone themed items and prints use that weird wooden twisty pillar that was never in the MD games and most likely came from a fan pack.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Only two pics from Sonic Adventure are ever allowed, the Emerald Hill Whale chase scene and that weird proto image of Sonic in the Lost World fire tunnel. What is with that one pic? I've seen it consistently since Archie comics in the late 90s

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Ted909

Ted909

the future kick your ass Member
    Mentioned here in this interview originally published in Sega Magazine:

[​IMG]
    I wonder if they still have one hanging around...

Last edited: May 19, 2021