don't click here

SA2/SADX Mod Loader

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by MainMemory, Aug 4, 2013.

1. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I would recommend deleting mods\SADXModLoader.ini.

2. ELS

ELS

Doing that and getting rid of mods.ini in that same folder did it. Thank you.

3. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
  4. Yeah, texture mod implementation seems incredibly straightforward!
    Download Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ridiculously detailed shoes.

I just wish I could force antialiasing in the game rather than through my graphics card.

5. ELS

ELS

I had an idea, can you put the version number somewhere? Just so people can be sure of what they have before asking for help.

6. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    The mod loader's version number is shown at the start of the debug log.

7. ELS

ELS

Right but I mean putting it somewhere a regular user (like me) would actually be looking like in the title bar or an "about" tab.

8. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    In the mod manager? That would either require updating the manager alongside the loader, or having the loader expose some kind of API (which wouldn't work on Mono/Linux).

9. ELS

ELS

Oh ok, I'm sorry. It's just very common in programs and I guess I took it for granted.

10. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
  11. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    In case his screenshots don't do it for you, here's another:
    [​IMG]

Fun fact: with "Windowed Fullscreen" and "Stretch Fullscreen" turned on, it's possible to play the game at resolutions well beyond your monitor's actual size, for example my monitor is 1366x768 but I was playing at 1920x1080 (use Fraps or similar to take a screenshot/video from D3D's framebuffer for full resolution).

12. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Does it still make it impossible to aim with the tornado during the sky chase acts?

13. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    Yes. I plan to try to tackle that with Fixed Edition.

14. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    So that volume bug is real weird. The cutscenes were still muted with the music at 50, so I put that back at 100 too. Guess there's no point to the volume level changer in the config if it breaks music/sound effects/voices. Not particularly telling you guys to fix this, not sure if you even could, so I guess this serves as a warning to people who might want to change the game's volume? I guess use the Windows volume mixer instead.

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  16. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    You don't have to. It's out, hence the article. :v:

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Ah, I figured out what my issue was, I'm dumb. Gonna go play through it all now, this is great!

18. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Just wondering, are these things ever gonna have save file redirection? Its a really simple feature that is very handy in Sonic GMI.

19. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    It's one of those things that I've intended to do since the beginning, but I'm not totally sure how to do it in the game's code.

20. DonutStopGaming

DonutStopGaming

I've been looking at save file redirection in particular, and I'm working on adding it to the mod loader. I've still yet to figure out the best way to go about it though.

#firstpost